• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    I have a Yugo That I have had for a few years that was built around 74,75 .and was unissued when I got it.
    Took a few days to get all the cosmo off of everything and have only put about 200 rds threw it .

If you want more info on SKS's go to www.sksboards.com and they have tons of onfo.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Thanksgiving. 1994. Yadkin Road, Fayetteville, North Carolina.

After partaking in an epic meal with friends, we passed a pawn shop on the way home.

The shop had a sign: "Open Thanksgiving Day."

My father-in-law saw the sign and said he wanted to give the place a look-around.

The first thing we saw inside the shop were stacks of wood cases full of Chinese SKS's.

Must have been over one thousand. All were brand-new, still encased in cosmoline and wrapped in waxed paper tied up with twine.

Price was $79.99.

We bought one each -- should have bought more!

Mine remains unfired to this day.

Be well.

I would drain my bank account right now to buy as many as I could at that price.

Vec

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 8, 2015
    suburbs
    Thanksgiving. 1994. Yadkin Road, Fayetteville, North Carolina.

After partaking in an epic meal with friends, we passed a pawn shop on the way home.

The shop had a sign: "Open Thanksgiving Day."

My father-in-law saw the sign and said he wanted to give the place a look-around.

The first thing we saw inside the shop were stacks of wood cases full of Chinese SKS's.

Must have been over one thousand. All were brand-new, still encased in cosmoline and wrapped in waxed paper tied up with twine.

Price was $79.99.

We bought one each -- should have bought more!

Mine remains unfired to this day.

Be well.

I remember those days, i bought a case of those sks's.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Is it ok to suppress an sks?

Don't think it can have a threaded barrel unless you swap a bunch of parts to make it "American".

Some stupid bullshit laws (922R I believe).

I've always interpreted that if you were to SBR the rifle it would then be "manufactured" in the U.S. According to the paperwork, but most seem to think that is taking a very big risk. I wouldn't recommend doing so without doing your own research.

Sent from my HAL 9000

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    While great rifles, the SKS wasn't going to rise to prominence once the Kalashnikov was born (which was soon after, four years), mainly because of capacity and fire rate. Still, I have numerous SKS rifles and love to shoot them. The simple fact that they use the 7.62x39 round make them work having, as I have tons of the stuff; but they are heavier than an AK (sorry, but the comparison is only natural). The SKS has seen a fair amount of use during conflicts if only for the fact that they are more accurate than an AK on average; but it just wasn't going to survive as a front-line rifle due to the aforementioned limitations.

As for suppressing one, it is possible but the cost of the stamp and suppressor would exceed the price of the rifle itself. Here's a video from a guy who did it in New Zealand...

Sounds about the same as an unsuppressed .22 to me!

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom