• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    My friend is hyping it up like it's the return of Jesus. Do you think it's worth $65 after tax? I have a $20 amazon credit I got when I preordered BF3

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    You can beat it in one day or you can beat it in a thousand days. The game is so ridiculously open ended that you could conceivably always have something to do without bothering to progress through the main storyline and "beat" the game.

RetArmySgt said:
    Heard it was too easy to become master of the guilds in that one. Is that true, havent played it yet myself.

I don't feel that they were any less difficult than Oblivion or Morrowind. The quests feel like they have more of an impact on Tamriel, though... and the quests are "darker" than they are in previous games. A little bit more on the sinister side. For example - The Dark Brotherhood has abandoned the Five Tenets which means there is no reason not to kill indescriminately.

Jakashh said:
    My friend is hyping it up like it's the return of Jesus. Do you think it's worth $65 after tax? I have a $20 amazon credit I got when I preordered BF3

Well, let me put it this way. I loved Morrowind and Oblivion but neither one of those games made it into my top 5 favorite games of all time list. That list is:

X-COM: UFO Defense - DOS
    Xenogears - PSX
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - PS2
    Final Fantasy VI - SNES
    EverQuest - PC

Skyrim is such an amazing game that it has actually replaced X-COM as my favorite game of all time, and that has been my favorite game since like 1992. It's that good.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Wait, so there are games before this? I thought this was the beginning. Damn, well whatever i'd still try it out someday. So I've heard that you can actually go to the stuff in the background, and climb mountains. Where does the map end then?

nguyen925

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    sugar land
    Been playing since last week. I'd have to say if you have any ADHD in you where you might do something and pick up other tasks to do at the same time, you might get a bit derailed in this game. A lot of things to do, whether it be from the main story line or the side quests. I enjoy it because I don't have to pay a monthly fee and that I can always play if offline. Pretty awesome once you get the hang of it though.

Basically if you're looking for an RPG to burn time, this would probably be ideal.

JimmyGreen

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Beeville, Tx
    I spent MAAAAANNNNNNYYYYYYY hours playing Oblivion (Also The Shivering Isle and Knights of the Nine). Loved it! I'll be picking up Skyrim in a week or so.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    interesting... I've always considered EverQuest as the game that gayed up the MMO scene.

Gayed it up? All that was even on the scene before EQ was Ultima Online. EQ was one of the most addicting video games, if not the most addicting video game ever made. It's in a whole different league from World of Warcraft...

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I really liked the criminal system in Ultima Online (before they made care bear land and changed it that is). You could essentially steal and murder as you please, but there were consequences. Some pretty seriously game changing. Killing criminals on sight was also encouraged

Before EQ became popular, PvP was more a regular way of life in other MMO's. You go out in the deep wilderness, you might get killed. Bandits live out there... That's how it is. It seems like EQ set this precedence where murders aren't allowed to happen, and PvP can only happen on a consensual basis. No bueno...

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I really liked the criminal system in Ultima Online (before they made care bear land and changed it that is). You could essentially steal and murder as you please, but there were consequences. Some pretty seriously game changing. Killing criminals on sight was also encouraged

Before EQ became popular, PvP was more a regular way of life in other MMO's. You go out in the deep wilderness, you might get killed. Bandits live out there... That's how it is. It seems like EQ set this precedence where murders aren't allowed to happen, and PvP can only happen on a consensual basis. No bueno...

Most EQ servers were PvE servers, this is true. That said, anyone who has ever played on EQ's Rallos Zek server can tell you that PvP servers in EverQuest were leaps and bounds different than they are in WoW. Newbie areas are not "safe zones". I made a Monk on Rallos Zek thinking, "Hey a monk doesn't need to have weapons or armor to fight with so it doesn't matter if someone kills me and takes my shit," right? I stepped outside of Qeynos to go kill some level 1 Orcs or something like that and I got jumped by four level 10 mages with their pets out. They beat the shit out of me, killed me, then stole my milk, biscuits, and my newbie tunic. So basically I was left naked with no food or drink. Like a rape victim or something. EQ's PvP was a cruel, cruel mistress. The only game that has cruel PvP to rival that of EQ is EVE Online. EVE Online is... in a league of its own.

GoofyCracker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    Houston
    I never played previous games just tried it the graphics are awesome the controls are kinda confusing. I am now watching youtube videos to give me a visual aid.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Ahh, I play on 360. I think the game was really designed with the 360 in mind from the beginning so I'm not so sure how it handles on the PS3 - should still be a solid game, though. I can't imagine the controls being so far different from a first person shooter. :)

Top Bottom