Join TexasGunTalk

SlickGuns.com App

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by majormadmax, Nov 3, 2013.

1. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Saw this the other day on SlickGuns.com, and downloaded it to my Android phone once I got home...

SlickGuns.com Bar Code Scanner Application

[​IMG]

Took it to the gun show yesterday and it was a lot of fun, it's nice to know what a firearm or ammo are selling for on that website before shelling out considerably more for the same item at the show. And, for vendors that will negotiate, it's helpful in find a price that both the buyer and seller find acceptable.

Now, just to note I understand businesses have to make money and I don't have any problems with that. Actually, I prefer to spend my money at a local gun shop than I do online companies as it is mutually beneficial to do so. However, there is still a lot of price gouging going on especially at gun shows here and I prefer to be armed with as much information that I can get. When .22 ammo is still being sold at 2-3x the price I can get it at elsewhere, I have no problem with going with the cheaper source. However, shops that are not too much more expensive than the online price will get my business every time as well as my recommendation to others as it is mutually beneficial for all involved.

Cheers! M2

2. Shotgun Jeremy

Shotgun Jeremy TGT Addict

Jul 8, 2012
    Copperas Cove
    Definitely gonna download it

3. mitchntx

mitchntx Sarcasm Sensei TGT Supporter

Jan 15, 2012
    SW of FW
    Awesome!

4. orbitup

orbitup Sticker Cop TGT Supporter

Nov 6, 2010
    South of Dallas
    Installed, thanks.

5. shooterfpga

shooterfpga TGT Addict

Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Awesome, i use slickguns as one of my other resources but didnt know about the app

6. hardcase60

hardcase60 Active Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Central Texas
    Just downloaded. Can't wait to try it.

Thanks for the heads up.

hardcase60

7. Texas42

Texas42 TGT Addict

Nov 21, 2008
    Temple
    I don't see one for iPhone. Thanks for posting.

8. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I'm not sure if there is one for the iPhone or anything outside of Androids, to be honest. It works well on my HTC, I actually scanned a couple of gun cases I had to see what would pop up, and it worked as advertised. Then I took it to the show on Saturday and saved myself from losing a couple of hundred on what would have been an impulse buy. Obviously it requires the UPC code off the box/case, but many major vendors put them out with the firearms so it's easy to get a scan.

By the way, it is a little buggy in that it has to restart itself a lot; but considering that's the only issue I've found, and that it works great otherwise, plus the fact that it is free, it's well worth the trouble!

9. Ricklovesbacon

Ricklovesbacon TGT Addict

Feb 2, 2013
    Austin
    Downloading right now

Sent from the Bacon isle at your local grocery store.

10. TX69

TX69 TGT Addict

Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Nice! thanks