• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billpenn47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2018
    Buchanan Dam
    Must you tortue me!!!!!LOL
    Time for me to go to bed. Sorry if I made you suffer, but let me rub it in just a little more. Neighbor friend of mine just brought over about 2 pounds of catfish fillets. Blue cats he got off his trot line this morning. Guess what I'm having for lunch tomorrow! night night. If I could post a smiley face, I would!

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    Been trying to take this Silver Eagle apart for almost 2 weeks. Right now, I'm on day 3 of trying to separate the mag tube from the r eciever. I've heard of guns that were lost in tragic boating accidents, just never thought I'd own a saltwater recovery!
    May be the fact it's a snotgun. Could be some sticky stuff.

billpenn47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2018
    Buchanan Dam
    Last I heard, you had the tube off, and the stock off, and was going to soak it. How's it going? Would love to see a picture of that snotgun when it's apart.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Time for me to go to bed. Sorry if I made you suffer, but let me rub it in just a little more. Neighbor friend of mine just brought over about 2 pounds of catfish fillets. Blue cats he got off his trot line this morning. Guess what I'm having for lunch tomorrow! night night. If I could post a smiley face, I would!

It's trotlining season. I ran trotlines from mid May to the end of May. I caught SOOO many big cats. I went to work one day and said I caught a 17lb. catfish. After everyone was thoroughly impressed, I let the other shoe drop.
    "Well, that's what the head weighed!" LOL. Total weight 50lbs. Running trotlines and catching 50lb. catfish from a 10' jonboat is a lot of fun.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Well, it just keeps getting better. I decided to soak that shotgun reciever on the side where the offending items are...( the reason I was trying to remove the rollpin is there is a mechanism that releases shells from the magazine, but also has the little chrome button that releases the bolt. Well, it's ridiculously hard to push that button.)

Soooo, I soaked that part of the reciever in CLR overnight . Didn't help the button, but managed to take the paint off the reciever.

I had tried and tried penetrating oil for weeks, and it got easier to push, but still exceedingly hard, and I couldn't imagine trying to hunt with it like it is.
    So, a few more days of penetrating oil, then assault on the rollpin.

That assembly will probably pop out with pieces flying if I ever get the pin out, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Then it's mask off what's left of the letters and repaint.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202
    Top Bottom