• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    We had the same problem after a trigger job. I fired all rounds then the cylinder locked up and the cylinder wouldn't come out. I remember panicking and pushing the cylinder release and the trigger downrange and it opened up. Only happened once. Take off the grips and do a visual inspection. I remember a screw being loose.
    ARJ Defense ad

Randy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Austin
    can you unscrew the ejector rod while th cylinder is still in place, because I can't get the cylinder to release in order to unload it???

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Did you rule out the ejector rod as mentioned above? My apology if you have, but the posts above do not indicate that you did.

Holding the muzzle away from you in a safe direction and the revolver upside down, turn the ejector rod counter clock wise (tighten it) as stated above left hand threads. There should not be any movement in the ejector rod. If it turns (rotates) any at all, it is not tightened properly. This can cause the cylinder to not open. If it is tight, then disassembly will most likely be required.

I have an Airweight 38 spl. the same as yours and the ejector rod was the problem on mine.

HTH...

Randy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Austin
    I apologize for not responding to you sooner but I am currently recovering from a quadruple bypass surgery, I haven't had the energy to do a lot yet and before I attempt to actually work on the gun I wanted to get as much information as possible. I do appeciate everybody's input, I am still a little tentative in working on the gun myself because it is still loaded..sorry to have given you the impression your assistance didn't matter....

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Damn Randy, good luck on the recovery...hope you come out on the other side feeling like a new man!

If you can't get that ejector rod to screw in and have that take care of the issue, and given your apprehension, it might be best if you contact a local gunsmith and ask them about bringing it in to them (with full disclosure that the gun is loaded, of course).

Tap

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    Take it to mcbrides. If it is what we are saying they won't even charge you most likely. I would make sure they know it is loaded when you come in though. Maybe go up and talk to the gunsmith first even. Good luck with the heart.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I had a very dry Colt Agent do that & all it took was a little CLP at the cyl. release and in the frame in the hammer area.

Top Bottom