• ...and so much more!
  • TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    This band in general is just ridiculous. 3 guitarists, bassist, ridiculous drummer, and Spencer's clean vocals are ridiculous as well. Just overall a SUPER talented band. Still more of a progressive metal sound. Heavy's comin though. Hang on.

*Put down my phone and put on my headphones.*

Don't be trying to **** this thread with some emo shit.
    Guns International

djentleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2013
    Fort Worth
    *Put down my phone and put on my headphones.*

Don't be trying to **** this thread with some emo shit.

Hey hey hey, Matt Halpern is probably one of the most talented drummers in music right now. If you follow any drumming magazines, he was nominated for close to every award in modern drummer and won more than one. Misha Mansoor is one of the most talented guitarists too. There's a reason Guthrie Govan, Wes Hauch, and John Petrucci all guest solo'd on this album. Their basisst "Nolly" as they refer to him writes some of the most technical bass I've ever heard as well.

This is one of my favorite songs off the album mostly because Spencer's vocals toward the end were ridiculous, and Misha's solo at the very end is mind numbing. I can easily link you to a less "emo" song they've written.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Seasons in the Abyss: Best SLAYER ALBUM... Ever! But not deathmetal... I used to be pretty hardcore death head about 20 years ago. Deicide was king. I tried to download some the other day to reminisce and I realized that I've gotten old. Guitar solos make me want to scratch my eyeballs out now. They're almost as bad as sax solos to me now. I like a lot rock music and all of its forms new and old, but the guitar solo should have died out with Hendrix and Clapton... anyone jam any older Mars Volta?

Top Bottom