• dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Some of this stuff sounds a little like my sons band-Diminished out of Pasadena. Give me ZZ top, Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, Led Zepplin, Lynyrd Skynrd, etc anyday. Of course when I said this to my son, he told me that was lame music. At first, anyway.

Diminished - Uninhibited 3.3.12 - YouTube

Last edited:

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Best show I ever saw was Slayer, Motörhead, and overkill back in the late 80's. overkill vocals were shit and they muted him. Motörhead rocked. Slayer was playing and some guy threw a metal chair leg at Tom. He stopped the band and yelled back and forth at the guy who threw it. Yes, the entire place quieted down while it was going on. Guy threw the F-you to Tom and his reply was " No Fyou buddy, everybody beat the shit out him". That is exactly what they did. There was a pile of people on that guy that was 10 feet tall. Had to carry him out. Iirc it was at the cotton bowl. Saw them in a little venue in deep Ellum a while after that. Crowd was getting rowdy and some guy came out and said if we didn't calm down that Slayer wasn't going to perform. I don't think he got the reaction he was expecting. Lol. Took my daughter to see them a couple years ago and I was amazed at how tame the show was. Nothing like it used to be

So many fond memories. I was actually listening to slayer and king diamond(who lives in Denton now) on the way to the doc yesterday. I throw a Venom song from time to time now. Suicidal tendencies, DRI, DI, and some others take up space on my iPod to this day.

Although not in the death metal category, I have always been real fond of the "Beast on my back" album by the crumbsuckers. If you actually understand the lyrics the songs are fantastic stories.

i still miss going to The Basement to see Pantera. Same with going to Joe's Garage off of 820 for Dead Horse, Morbid Scream, and others

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Okay. I got distracted. Maybe King diamond wasn't death metal per se. But it was still pretty good. Good enough for Metallica to eventually join in. FYI Lars still plays for Merciful Fate every chance he gets.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I was in a metal band. I put my good marriage on the back burner for a marriage involving 3 other men, that never had a chance. Never do that again. Had some great times though.

Top Bottom