• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    The LV back yard Alien thing.
    Screenshot_20230620_031847_Chrome.jpg

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Avi Loeb had decided that the recovered 'item' from the Pacific could be 'alien' iron. Is theirs different from ours? New alloy of iron? Not man made and not a space rock. Hmm. Guess Avi needs more $ for his books. Don't bother to read them, bunch of hype. He thinks he has evidence of space craft as (unfortunately no pics) that travel 'slower' than the orbiting stuff in space. Yup, head of Galileo project. Like the cave guy they found in UK, try to trace his origin, decided he came from Africa (that is the Genome project origin of humanity) as he had blue eyes and dark skin which is an anomoly. Dark skin as the genetics of light skin was not found in his inner ear bone. But the analysis didn't state what other genetic traes were NOT found. Skimpy science to 'prove' a pre-assumed result.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    My guess is that intelligent beings with interstellar travel capability are less likely using star trek style warp drive and more likely using some sort of artificial wormhole technology, or some other space folding / tunnelling technology. They've also doubtlessly mastered anti-gravity, and may be using some sort of gravity generator or gravity harnessing device as the source of their FTL mechanisms.

They're also doubtlessly a much older race than our own, with more advanced medical sciences, more advanced weapons, and more advanced communications systems. If they wanted to cause us harm, they could. No doubt wipe us out faster than we can wipe ourselves out - but probably smart enough to be the ones pulling the strings from the shadows, if they figure we have any use to them at all.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Quantum physics says that's not true. Nope!
    Maybe other life in the Universe, I don't care, I live here.
    If you can't tout UFO stuff, you can't get $$$ for space investigation - i.e. no JOB.
    Do you see Ru or China worrying about UFOs? Or spending any $ on investigations? Nope.
    I doubt that you see even 5% of what Russia or China spending money on.
    Hell, the leaders of both of those countries look a bit off world alien to me!:abduction:

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    In other astronomical news, NASA is going to go check out this rock, worth more than the GDP of our whole planet. Now, how to get it home???

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    In other astronomical news, NASA is going to go check out this rock, worth more than the GDP of our whole planet. Now, how to get it home???

That's how the world will end. Some billionaire will try to bring it close to home to mine it and evert asteroid comet movie will come true.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx

If it's worth 10 thousand quadrillion dollars, it'd probably be bad to bring it all home at once. You'd crash markets, spike inflation, all kinds of bad things. Better might be to stream that in over decades, maybe centuries.

But that much iron/nickel (if they're correct) can build a lot of stuff. Since it's already in space, well, if we want to build things in space (like space stations or moon bases or Mars bases or Venus sky stations or etc, etc), then that might be a source of materials to use. It'll save tons of money not having to launch those materials out of our gravity well and up into space.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Unless the asteroid is made out of the “unobtantium” they found in the Avatar movie, it is unlikely to be economically viable to recover.

it is just a fanciful dream to actually believe that any effort towards the recovery of any materials would be profitable. As described, the mass of the asteroid would make it impossible to move with our current technology. It sounds like we are putting too much money into the exploration of the unobtainable.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    we are putting too much money into the exploration of the unobtainable. Yup, that's what the Dems do, spend our money on stupid stuff.

Top Bottom