• ...and so much more!
  • jtriron

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    HoustonTexas
    I used to keep one...

2 changes of everyday clothes, at least one change of work clothing, some cash, a collapsible fishing pole or two, misc. lures, sleeping bag, keys to the boat in a slip, and a few bottles of whatever. I used it numerous times - every time the ex-wife would go on the warpath. The bug-out bag made the difference between just getting kicked out of the house, and suddenly embarking on an impromptu outdoor adventure... AKA "Free "Hall-pass" LOL

My ex was the only person on the planet scary enough to kick me about of the house. Now that she 'aint around, I'm not leaving the house for nothing... I'll stand & fight. No bug-out bag needed.

...unless I see her and her attorney headed my way. LOL

Very well said!!!!!
    Capitol Armory ad

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Bug out bag?

Here's some pics of mine.

Attachments

• DSCF0207..jpg
      DSCF0207..jpg
      36.9 KB · Views: 161
    • DSCF0206..jpg
      DSCF0206..jpg
      9.7 KB · Views: 146
    • DSCF0205..jpg
      DSCF0205..jpg
      51.6 KB · Views: 152

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    We keep a loaded Camel Back HAWG in each of our three vehicles. They have a 100 oz. water bladder (we keep bottles of water in the car; we don't fill the bladders until the bag is needed) and about as much storage room as a small day pack. We keep two loaded rucks in our closet at home in case we have to leave quickly - as we did when Hurricane Ike came through our area. Everyone has their own ideas as to what to pack. One thing we always have in stock are plenty of the chem-lite sticks. They work longer than a flash light, and give out enough light for reading or moving around.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I have been building on the idea for about a year, but am just now looking at bags. There are some good ideas here that I will be using for sure.

chad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2010
    Houston
    ...Anyone else have a Maxpedition bag? They're great for this purpose, but then again, mine is one of the smallest sizes there are (called the Fat Boy, ironically) which I use for transporting my gun to work and to the range , lol.

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    I carry a Maxpedition Fat Boy when I go out on the roads in Iraq. Amazing how much you can stuff into one.

Bear

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    One with me, one in the truck, a couple more at the house.

In this day and age, I can't imagine NOT having one.

jtriron

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    HoustonTexas
    I am building mine with hurricane season approaching -- been thru several with good luck but we all know about luck.....Was going to add several lengths of plastic tie wraps// any suggestions ??

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    I am building mine with hurricane season approaching -- been thru several with good luck but we all know about luck.....Was going to add several lengths of plastic tie wraps// any suggestions ??
    Re-useable zip ties, always a good bet. At least 400' of Parachute cord is always a good bet too.

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    Hardware store for the good ones. If you want lower cost and you have the time to piddle with them, all zip ties are re-useable to some extent. Wedge a knife tip under the locking tab and slip out the ribbon.

rio grande

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    I used to keep one...

2 changes of everyday clothes, at least one change of work clothing, some cash, a collapsible fishing pole or two, misc. lures, sleeping bag, keys to the boat in a slip, and a few bottles of whatever. I used it numerous times - every time the ex-wife would go on the warpath. The bug-out bag made the difference between just getting kicked out of the house, and suddenly embarking on an impromptu outdoor adventure... AKA "Free "Hall-pass" LOL

My ex was the only person on the planet scary enough to kick me about of the house. Now that she 'aint around, I'm not leaving the house for nothing... I'll stand & fight. No bug-out bag needed.

...unless I see her and her attorney headed my way. LOL

A great post! Whenever my wife mentions my BOB, she usually says something like "You getting ready to leave me?" Never mind we've been together for 30 years (or so - I can't exactly remember...better check and make sure I didn't miss our anniversary or I'll be needin' that BOB!)

Seriously, the pack you choose should NOT look military in any way! If it's a disaster you are getting away from why draw attention to yourself? Have good equipment, but don't have it look militant or expensive. If you look 'radical' you'll be targeted by the 'laws'. If you look especially well-prepared or provisioned, you could simply be shot in the back for your stuff. Even if you are a 250 pound martial artist ex-Marine.
    Keep a low profile!

Rusty Gun

brass picker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Gulf coast
    I have two BOB's one for an urban setting that has the usual stuff like a few good knives, water bottles, couple of cliff bars, sunscreen, bug repellent, a poncho, a full change of clothes including cross training shoes, a few tools & things that might be handy if you have to get into or out of a building or gated area. I use the USK (Urban Survival Kit) name as it is packed and kept near me at work.

The other one is stocked with more "traditional" items would be thrown into the truck with a bunch of other stuff packed in heavy duty plastic tubs in the event we were are in evac mode.

HydroMonster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    USA
    Seriously, the pack you choose should NOT look military in any way! If it's a disaster you are getting away from why draw attention to yourself? Have good equipment, but don't have it look militant or expensive. If you look 'radical' you'll be targeted by the 'laws'. If you look especially well-prepared or provisioned, you could simply be shot in the back for your stuff. Even if you are a 250 pound martial artist ex-Marine.
    Keep a low profile!

Quoted for truth.

When SHTF, it will be a dog eat dog world. A military-looking backpack will instantly give off the vibe that you're prepared with necessities and you have guns and ammo. These are things that people would want most in critical situations and they'll do anything to take it away from you.

jtriron

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    HoustonTexas
    Well said :
    A couple of old gym bags for me
    Quoted for truth.

When SHTF, it will be a dog eat dog world. A military-looking backpack will instantly give off the vibe that you're prepared with necessities and you have guns and ammo. These are things that people would want most in critical situations and they'll do anything to take it away from you.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Top Bottom