Software change coming

Discussion in 'Announcements & Comments' started by texcross, May 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texcross

texcross Active Member Admin

Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    Looks like it will be time to finally change software. Held out some to run some tests, do some various other things to make sure this was necessary and it is. We will shoot for tomorrow evening and hope to only have the site down an hour or so.

Going from Vbulletin to Xenforo.

I will start a new Error thread to report any issues anyone might see once it launches.

Will post more here tomorrow as more work is done!

Have a safe Memorial Day folks...

2. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I'd like to tell you a story. I first heard it from Flip Wilson, but it is apropos here;

It is about about an old vaudeville comedy duo called "well enough and bad enough" .

As the story went , the duo was moderately successful for a time, but then had a petty falling out with each other causing them to eventually end up in court as each sued the other for financial damages as well as suing each other for criminal harassment .

The judge heard both of their cases and then quickly gave his decision .

The judge threw out Bad Enough's case entirely and proceeded to heap one financial hardship after another upon comedian "Bad Enough" until finally Bad enough was forced by the severity of the announced punishments to plead to the judge, "your honor, why are you being so hard on me and doing nothing to punish Well Enough?"

The judge shot back, "I'm just trying to teach you that you shoulda' left Well Enough alone ."

So, Texcross.........

3. motorcarman

motorcarman Compulsive Collector

Feb 13, 2015
    Decatur, TX
    BaDumTsss.jpg

4. Charlie

Charlie Illiterate TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    Yep!

5. texcross

texcross Active Member Admin

Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    LOL

I held on this a year literally, tried so many things to solve issues needing solving. Nothing is working.

I hate big change.

I hate this trust me more than anyone will. It's necessary though for so many reason, so sorry in advance ;)

6. Brains

Brains TGT Addict

Apr 9, 2013
    Cypress
    This is a VERY good change. Really looking forward to it, and as before, if you run into any troubles please don't hesitate to ask for help.

7. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Outdated forum software leaves us susceptible to another hack. Those of us who were around during the last one know we don't want to go through that again!

Inasmuch as I hate these "updates" as well, I also understand their necessity...

8. BigBoss0311

BigBoss0311 Well-Known

Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    as long as the password requirements don't require me to sacrifice live animals and hold a master's in interstellar theory like the last time, then cool.

9. Charlie

Charlie Illiterate TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    This!

10. Coiled

Coiled Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Huntsville-ish
    If you change the software, I'll leave TGT.

Choose wisely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.