• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Burt Gummer we may disagree on seat belt's but Here you are right on target. I was taught to fire when you feel that their use of deadly force is eminent. If I were in a situation were I walked up on a car with some people sleeping inside and they even look like they are going for some thing I will draw my gun. I may not pull the trigger but then again that is really up the person in the car now isn't it. Burt Is right this is a thug with violent crimes on his record, the police officer did not wake up and say "you know what I auta to do today, I auta go out find me a little punk kid, and shoot him" Because then every white cop in the central Texas area is a racist executioner. and it is bull [Radio edit] and I for one am tired of the race card getting pulled simply because a thug TRYED TO KILL A COP and got shot for his stupidity. sorry bout the rant.

D there is no retirement for thugs. They are laying low

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    Burt Gummer we may disagree on seat belt's but Here you are right on target. I was taught to fire when you feel that their use of deadly force is eminent. If I were in a situation were I walked up on a car with some people sleeping inside and they even look like they are going for some thing I will draw my gun. I may not pull the trigger but then again that is really up the person in the car now isn't it. Burt Is right this is a thug with violent crimes on his record, the police officer did not wake up and say "you know what I auta to do today, I auta go out find me a little punk kid, and shoot him" Because then every white cop in the central Texas area is a racist executioner. and it is bull [Radio edit] and I for one am tired of the race card getting pulled simply because a thug TRYED TO KILL A COP and got shot for his stupidity. sorry bout the rant.

D there is no retirement for thugs. They are laying low

Sounds good.
    As a side note,this officer was not another evil Caucasian type...he is Latino.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Sounds good.
    As a side note,this officer was not another evil Caucasian type...he is Latino.
    The side note is why I have trouble believing that the officer was a racist. If it would have been a white cop sure look into it just to throw it in the face of the NAACP. The NAACP does not have so much as a crutch lean on in this case. IMO

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    it's funny, these teens must live double lives. the perfect little angel at home, and big billy badass out on the streets...

because ALL of their parents say they were a good kid and an outstanding person, but yet they were robbing a store and got shot....?

if they have that much respect for their parents to show such great samaritan-ism at home, why can't they do the same in public, where there is more of a need to do so...?

Interestingly enough most parents know that kids are turds.
    I interview parents often and ask them if they ever questioned how their jobless and dropout kids get money.
    I ask them if they find it unusual that their kids come running in the house at 3 in the morning with a handful of DVD's and an XBox 360. I also query about the big screen plasma tv that suddenly appears in their bedroom when they have no job.
    Most folks know their kids are burglars or are slinging dope but they either do not care or they benefit from it.
    We have a family on welfare in a section 8 house (on of MANY). The 2 juves sell crack and the mother does not work. I ask the mother how she pays bills and she says her 2 sons do.I ask how they pay bills when they have a 7th grade education and are jobless and she replies "I don't care".

There are stupid parents and then there are parents that play stupid.
    I do not have patience for either.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Interestingly enough most parents know that kids are turds.
    I interview parents often and ask them if they ever questioned how their jobless and dropout kids get money.
    I ask them if they find it unusual that their kids come running in the house at 3 in the morning with a handful of DVD's and an XBox 360. I also query about the big screen plasma tv that suddenly appears in their bedroom when they have no job.
    Most folks know their kids are burglars or are slinging dope but they either do not care or they benefit from it.
    We have a family on welfare in a section 8 house (on of MANY). The 2 juves sell crack and the mother does not work. I ask the mother how she pays bills and she says her 2 sons do.I ask how they pay bills when they have a 7th grade education and are jobless and she replies "I don't care".

There are stupid parents and then there are parents that play stupid.
    I do not have patience for either.
    Exactly! They don't give a shit what little Timmy is doing at 0300 until he get he gets shot for riping off the wrong person or pulling a gun on a cop. Then it is racist and damn crime against humanity that their aspiring little inmate got shot COMMITING A CRIME! Some people just don't get it.

Texsun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    License to hunt, fish, operate a car, cut hair, but not one to raise kids, Damn.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    you might want to re-phrase that remark to those of us on here who have multiple children....

just because i have 4 children, doesn't make what you are implying true...

and in fact a bad parent has no determination brought forth on how many children they have...it is their actions and beliefs that make them that way, not the amount of children they may have...

We also have four children, are well educated homeschoolers, and DO care about what our kids are saying. Your remarks (Burt) show your own ignorance and if that's the attitude you carry with you when you get around families with multiple children, it's not surprising that you would get non-chalant responses. Some people who have multiples may not pay proper attention to their kids, but I've seen far more problems from single children who are spoiled by their parents than I have from multiples.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    We also have four children, are well educated homeschoolers, and DO care about what our kids are saying. Your remarks (Burt) show your own ignorance and if that's the attitude you carry with you when you get around families with multiple children, it's not surprising that you would get non-chalant responses. Some people who have multiples may not pay proper attention to their kids, but I've seen far more problems from single children who are spoiled by their parents than I have from multiples.
    Watch it! I'm an only child.

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    Another social observation I have made in my law enforcement career:

The most uneducated and "worst" parents usually have the highest number of children.:confused:

I think you people are taking Burt's comments the wrong way... if I read it correctly he said that the most uneducated and "worst" parents usually have the highest number of children, not that people WITH the highest amount of children are the "worst" parents... I see a big difference...

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    you might want to re-phrase that remark to those of us on here who have multiple children....

just because i have 4 children, doesn't make what you are implying true...

and in fact a bad parent has no determination brought forth on how many children they have...it is their actions and beliefs that make them that way, not the amount of children they may have...

Wow I know I am new to this site but I stated that the WORST have the MOST kids..meaning that 9 out of 10 households I go to with crack selling kids and knocked up 12 year olds have multiple kids.

I did NOT say that anybody WITH kids is bad...wow.

I will try to make my future posts much easier to read.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County

It is not my own "ignorance", it is my personal law enforcement experience. I am giving you info from almost a decade of police experience and of course somebody gets their panties twisted because they have a few children or are from a large family.
    If you did not "get" my original comment then it was way above your head and you should ignore it. I ALSO have children and come from a "large" family but obviously (reading disabled not included),I did not state that every large family is bad.

Once again, 9 out of 10 of the households I go into with crack dealers/burglars/etc have 4+ children. Crappy parents tend to have a large number of children with multiple fathers etc.

As for the only child causing more problems than the large household kid, I can agree that they are usually spoiled but they commit less crimes in MY area.

I think I will have to curtail passing on my extensive law enforcement experience here because there are a bunch of tight wads posting here.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Burt do you go out of your way to offend people? I did not take your comment about the number of kids in a family as an attack, but when someone disagrees with you, you get pissed off. It seems almost like you want to argue about things. I don't know the answer and I'm not attacking you I'm just making an observation.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Burt made an observation; two or three posters failed to read what he wrote before jumping the gun and attacking him. He responds and HE is the one who "offends" people?

Good grief.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    Burt do you go out of your way to offend people? I did not take your comment about the number of kids in a family as an attack, but when someone disagrees with you, you get pissed off. It seems almost like you want to argue about things. I don't know the answer and I'm not attacking you I'm just making an observation.

I guess I am defensive about my personal experiences.I tell someone how I have experienced things for years and they say "Oh no Burt, you are ignorant for thinking that way". Um no, not ignorant,I am giving you personal observations. I tell people I have spent years picking up brains off of the ground and I am a big supported or seat belts because of the number of accidents and people surviving and I am presented as someone who wants to take everyones "right" away etc.
    Now I express hundreds of contacts with criminals and their families and I am told I am ignorant....I guess the others who have seen this firsthand are also ignorant.
    I am expressing opinions based on years of experience and I can see how someone who has NOT experienced anything near than finds it offensive.

I am just an "in your face" kind of guy because of my background and current profession. I like to express my opinions and my experiences and I can back up everything I say with pertinent info.

I spent a decade in the Army training to kill people and now I have spent the last 7 years dealing with criminals so I have become a wee bit non-politically correct and even dare I say,abrasive.

I just like to scream my opinion loudly but I still cannot see how the FACTS I present are "offensive".
    If I said "everybody who lives in __________ are morons", that is an offensive opinion.
    When I say "I have seen this ___ times in the last 2 years at work", that is a statement of fact but there will be somebody who finds that fact offensive. That is the nature of the internet.

Its all good to me, I just like to express my opinion loudly as I am no lurker.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom