• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    A bit to much moonshine to early this morning put me down for a nap. As usual I was hungry so off the wife goes for carry out. Menudo & barbacoa tacos complete with lime cilantro & onions. The mexican Coke rounded it out well.

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    I remember all of my aunts and uncles going to my grandma's house for a Sunday meal. She could cook!

Many times my cousin and I would spend a Saturday night there sleeping over on a feather bed as our parents had gone out dancing. We would watch Hee Haw, Jim Ed Brown, Porter Wagoneer, and the Grand Ole Opry.

Me and all of my cousins would all play together....there was nothing open on Sundays.

It was family time.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I remember all of my aunts and uncles going to my grandma's house for a Sunday meal. She could cook!

Many times my cousin and I would spend a Saturday night there sleeping over on a feather bed as our parents had gone out dancing. We would watch Hee Haw, Jim Ed Brown, Porter Wagoneer, and the Grand Ole Opry.

Me and all of my cousins would all play together....there was nothing open on Sundays.

It was family time.

I remember those times too. Years ago, lots of southern states had "blue laws" and very few places were even open on Sunday.

Sunday dinners were a pretty big deal when my grandparents were still alive. Many times extended family would visit on Sunday afternoons.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Weather was so wonderful today. Been working hard (work and around the house) for some time. Slowed down, sat on the back porch for a couple of hours. Cool autumn breeze. Plenty of birds singing, flying around the backyard. Squirrel playing around.

Just unwinding and enjoying God's wonderful creation.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Even with being retired, Sunday still feels like a day to unwind and recharge the batteries for the coming week. Unless something just absolutely needs to be done on Sunday, we pretty much just relax and take it easy.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Dont forget what Sunday's are for. Not organized religion but a personal relationship.

Work it.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    It's been a beautiful day today. Went over to my Dad's and took him enough chili and cornbread for a few days of eating. Brother and I went and put out a bale of hay for the cows and took them some range cubes to munch on.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I "worked". Then came across a bunch of locked gates and security cameras placed by my client.
    Being Sunday, I really didn't want to bother with much more activity. I grabbed some needful things and took a long drive. Had a sandwich lunch setting on the tailgate. About as high an elevation as you can get in Texas. Hiked a little too. Good clean air.
    A clear view of the creation. I'd rather be home, but all in all, a good day for me.
    IMG_0896.JPG
    Saw some mule deer. A quartet of Jake turkeys.
    Had a good chat with a park ranger.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    While I was still working out west their was an area where I could see the Guadalupe mountains where the Carlsbad Caverns are and the Davis mountain to the South. The sunsets were magnificent. That place has its own beauty to it.

Vaquero

Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    While I was still working out west their was an area where I could see the Guadalupe mountains where the Carlsbad Caverns are and the Davis mountain to the South. The sunsets were magnificent. That place has its own beauty to it.
    I see them both everyday from the same spot.
    It still sucks. Breathing fine particulate dust. Road work and assholes in a big hurry to get nowhere.
    No phone service. Skin cracking from the lack of humidity.
    Orla is a shithole. But it's Texas' shithole. God bless 'em and i hope i never come here again.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I see them both everyday from the same spot.
    It still sucks. Breathing fine particulate dust. Road work and assholes in a big hurry to get nowhere.
    No phone service. Skin cracking from the lack of humidity.
    Orla is a shithole. But it's Texas' shithole. God bless 'em and i hope i never come here again.

I'll take a Texas shithole over other place's paradise any day of the week!

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    6 years ago there was nothing in Orla but a 4 way intersection & maybe 1 food truck. No stores, no man camps, only about 4 buildings one of them an empty post office.

Before I left that area I spent over an hour there in a traffic jam. That was about a year ago. My how things change.

Vaquero

Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    6 years ago there was nothing in Orla but a 4 way intersection & maybe 1 food truck. No stores, no man camps, only about 4 buildings one of them an empty post office.

Before I left that area I spent over an hour there in a traffic jam. That was about a year ago. My how things change.
    I was here for a few months back then. A trip from Orla to Carlsbad took 2 hours. Couldn't get a room or an RV spot in Pecos. Those traffic jams were always from a bad traffic accident. Usually saw the life flight chopper and figured on another hour before anything started moving. It's not near that bad now. The intersection is a 4 way stop too. That's kinda spread the bumper to bumper traffic out some.

Top Bottom