• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leeukuil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    South Africa
    Negative one of the lodges managers was driving. This nyala and their range is on the lodge property which is all not for hunting.

I am hoping any rain here holds off for awhile
    Whereabouts are you? I'm in the Limpopo province, in the north of SA. We're busy with prepping for hunts, as the hunting season is picking up steam. Hope you enjoy your stay.
    Always nice to hear about Texans visiting our shores.

Sent from my SM-A605FN using Tapatalk

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    $5 says MTA goes rogue and doesn't come home..stays there to become a PH and we never hear of him again
    If I didnt have my wife and my kid I would say that you are right

Whereabouts are you? I'm in the Limpopo province, in the north of SA. We're busy with prepping for hunts, as the hunting season is picking up steam. Hope you enjoy your stay.

I am in the Eastern Cape nearest Komga right now. So far it has been outstanding. Tomorrow I begin hunting

I used RiflePermits while coming through Johannesburg and the rep mentioned that soon there would be tons of hunters coming through. When do you get the most ppl for Limpopo? I understand it is very popular due to people not needing a connecting flight

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!

I did much of my hunting in the Limpopo IIRC the ranch was Mabelinwane. The owners then son in law Pieter Diedericks was the P. H.. The property was owned by a guy named Pete.

Hunted another ranch near Messina with Savanna Safari’s Johan Potgieter was the outfitter. He also took us to a place between the Klaseri & Timbavati reserve.

The last of any of the PH I knew I seen years ago at the Houston safari club convention. Jaco of Game Trackers Africa. Jaco & Pieter were working together.

Iver Van Wyck was the PH with Bruno the beastiality dog.

I recently look at PHASA website and non of the guy I knew were even listed.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Blesbok. 294 yards sitting in high grass with a shooting stick bipods and using the PHs leg to stabilize my rear arm. Dropped DRT

First kill with the Sako S20 and Barnes LRX
    IMG_5385.jpeg

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Nice kill!

Was wondering what you’re doing. I was going to post I bet he’s doing this in Africa:

On my second trip the lady I worked with from the renfest & her friend went with. They literally thought the airport would have lions laying on the tarmac. What they found out was the PH's wife came out of the closet, besides being this extreme alcoholic. They both got queered out & left early, not before drinking my half gallon of Smirnoff Blue label with diet Dr. Pepper.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Dead tired today. Spent all day after these two over a low fence property that is 3700 hectares (9100 ish acres). Absolutely massive

Ambushed the gemsbok by lying on top of an old dam wall in high grass. 50 yard heart shot

The black wildebeest was pure luck. They stay in the open so long range shots are the norm. Wind wasnt great but this old rutting bull was too busy fighting so it allowed for a crawl up to about 250 yards. Shot him in the neck as the grass was very thick and covered up to his shoulders

These are high plains up on the mountains. Very similar to wyoming

IMG_5438.jpeg

IMG_5460.jpeg

Top Bottom