• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I think that's good of Florida to recognize veterans. Cool.

I was just lettin' steam off the other night. LOL Personally I think multiple licenses are fine, I just think people should have the one for the state they live in . I was more concerned with the way this guy was presenting it, and it caught me a llittle off guard.

Have you seen the TV ad where some corporate super chain haircut place opens up right across from a real barber shop and offers $8.00 haircuts? The barber shop owner prints up a huge sign to put out front of his store that reads, "We fix $8.00 haircuts".

Gives me ideas for you........ ;)
    Texas SOT

Seabear1500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    Well Txinvestigator, I do think child support is important, and I don't mind it being a requirement. As far as rights go, if someone can't let their kid have a right to support then why let them have a right to get a CHL.

I was referring to some loopholes I figured out in the background check. Just too many cracks to slip through.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    I don't think the child support provision is unique to the CHL vetting process. A while back, Texas passed laws that allowed for a variety of state trade licenses to be revoked due to child support issues.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Tyler, TX
    I don't owe child support, don't make six figures a year, live very simple and can legally own guns.

Before moving to TX, I had obtained a UT CCW for $40+ photos/application/finger print fees at a Cabelas in Lehi, UT. I was able to travel to AZ, WA, TX and other states that has reciprocity with UT. My UT CCW is still good for a couple of years and I plan on renewing it when it expires.

I just can't afford paying for a TX CHL right now and I do apply TX CHL laws while carrying with my UT CCW.

For now I'm happy with it. I do hope TX doesn't become like NV, which ONLY allows their states' CCW permit.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I don't think the child support provision is unique to the CHL vetting process. A while back, Texas passed laws that allowed for a variety of state trade licenses to be revoked due to child support issues.
    That is correct. Employers are supposed to notify the AGs office of all employees working there.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    DFW
    I'm a TX CHL instructor but also have the Utah CFP. Like TXI, I got mine for travel to Washington state. Seabear, I hear the arguments and can definitely understand where you're coming from. The Utah license is completely legal here but those that take the Utah class are missing out on all the TX law we cover in the TX class. I don't think the laws are hard to find or understand, but I'd be willing to bet there are quite a few people that opted for the Utah class that don't fully understand where they can/can't carry and what the repercussions are. Plus those that just don't care to look the information up. Sad, but most likely true... Just my .02.

Top Bottom