Not open for further replies.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Review the last few weeks security tape and you'll catch the guy. This is someone who knows the store well and most likely has shown an interest in the stolen firearms prior to committing the crime.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I hate thieves.
    I hope they get caught with the stolen goods and receive justice.

txgunner00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    Leander, Texas
    Did anyone else hear the report made by Barbra McCarley on KLBJ yesterday at about 4:30? As with any libtard, anti-gun media source you can expect they typical embellishment and sensationalism to make it seem the equipment can jump up and kill you on it's own, but her report was over the top. She used the usual "souped up high powered sniper rifle" and other typical sensational, hyped up lines but the description of the scopes was dumbfounding. She said (paraphrsing) "they also got 9 Nightforce capable of hitting a target 3/4 of a mile away in the dark"! I had to call their news room just to make sure I heard it right and also to inform them of how stupid and inaccurate that report was. Of course the lady I talked to at KLBJ, Diane, made excuses and blamed William Pittmon at Bee Caves PD for giving them the information. If anyone else heard this I would urge you to call KLBJ's news room at 832-4027 and email their news director, Todd Jefferies, at todd@590klbj.com. As Tom Gresham says, "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth".

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    According to the article, here's what was stolen:

-Sako TRG 42, .300 winmag, tan (if the picture is right), Serial A81138
    -LMT 308 MWSB, Serial LMS11154
    -FNH Scar 16, 5.56, tan (if pic is right), Serial LC22062

Be on the lookout if you're in or around the Austin area. These are definitely guns that stand out.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Strange choices considering what else was in the store last time I visited.

Don't they have a pair of Browning M2s mounted as you walk in?
    I remember a counter with NFA firearms like H&K MP-5s, etc in it.
    Don't they also have an Anzio 20mm rifle in one of the side rooms?

All of those I would think would be a better profit makers on the Mexican market.

The guns stolen sound like someone wanted them for their collection, and the scopes as easy to move, hard to trace, trade or sale items.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    No matter how the thief got into the place, why were the firearms not properly secured in a safe after closing?

Yes, I know, lots of gun shops rely on reinforced doors and windows so they can keep their guns in display cases and rifle racks.

Bonny & Clyde stole their BARs from an unguarded National Guard Armory.

Some enterprising thieves cut through the roof of a local gun shop and stole a large number of semi-automatic rifles.

Until gun shops learn how to defeat thieves, they will continue to suffer losses.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Just google Ron Peterson's Firearms. That place has been broken into and cleaned out a bunch of times. There is something fishy about this one in bee cave though.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Nevermind, I just googled, and not much came up, but I remember hearing on the news all of the time about that place getting burglarized. It is located smack dab in the worse neighborhood in Albuquerque. The locals call the neighborhood "the war zone".

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Just google Ron Peterson's Firearms. That place has been broken into and cleaned out a bunch of times. There is something fishy about this one in bee cave though.

Nah, the owner has enough money to buy and build that store over 50 times. He has multitudes of machine guns and shotguns worth WAY WAY more than that stock that was stolen.

August is the general manager, and he's a member here. They've sponsored the forum in the past as well.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Guys, lets keep the chatter to a minimum and stick to the facts. These threads are supposed to be here in the event they might help out track down the thieve(s) and stolen items. Speculation might not be that helpful.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom