Spotting a concealed handgun...

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by hoytinak, Feb 20, 2009.

1. hoytinak

hoytinak Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    Anyone seen this before? I ran across it on another forum and thought I'd post it here. For most of us that have been carrying a while alot of it's common sense stuff (I think anyways) but I remember doing some of it when I first started carrying.

attachment.jpg

2. 87'vette

87'vette Member

Nov 25, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    CHL

Ya, looks about right. :texas:

3. CZ guy

CZ guy Active Member

May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    Good information for everyone to remember so we don't expose our toy. I personally have carried my 'friend' on my weak-hand side, just stuck in my belt under a loose untucked shirt, for over 30 years now without an issue.

My only gimmee to others is I need to remember to slip it under my thigh when I sit in a vehicle for very long because if I sit on it, there will be an unnatural wrinkle or crease in my shirt where it is positioned. I also catch myself constantly checking and pulling my shirt-tail down to make sure it is not caught on the slide.

I taught myself to watch for someone always readjusting clothes for no apparent reason.

4. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I've seen this on 1911forum and replied there. If I wasn't on my phone here I'd blow most of these out of the water :)

5. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I've seen this on 1911forum and replied there. If I wasn't on my phone here I'd blow most of these out of the water :)

6. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    You can say that again!

:smoker:

7. Vellcrow

Vellcrow Active Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    Are you saying it is inaccurate?

8. hoytinak

hoytinak Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    I think it's pretty accurate for new carriers that aren't use to or don't trust their equipment yet.....or thugs that don't use holsters. I just posted it as I thought it was funny and I know I did some of it when I first starting carrying.

9. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Where does a 7" AR pistol fit in? :P

10. tju1973

tju1973 Member

Jan 12, 2009
    McKinney Texas
    that is funny--

I have carried for 10 years about and I have almost never done this stuff...:lolz: