• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I'm going to be getting another 1911, and am trying to decide between a loaded stainless, or a Range Officer.

I like the loaded SS because I'd like another stainless steel gun, and what better gun to have in stainless than a 1911?

However, I've heard that the R.O. is tighter fit, which I like. I don't care for the parkerized finish or target sights, but i'd much rather choose a well fit, tight 1911. However, if the loaded is just as tight as the R.O. with a decent trigger, i'd much rather go with that.

The gun will be used for HD and carry. I've carried a 1911 before, and am perfectly fine with it. Didn't give me any problems. I understand that the R.O. isn't perfect for carry with the adjustable target rear sight, and that carrying a tight fit 1911 wouldn't be the best option for those who think loose is the way to go, but I can live with the consequences of my actions.

Anyone have any experience with both who can attest to if the R.O. actually is built tighter and has a better trigger than the Loaded Stainless?
    Military Camp

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I think the RO is the better pistol, but the Loaded is sweet as well (I have one) and if you want it in stainless steel, that's gonna have to be your choice...

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I have shot both, and shot slightly better with the RO, but I like target sights.....

Both fit my hand very well and both could have used a bit of work in the trigger department, imho....just a bit heavier than I prefer, but everyone has their own preference....

You won't go wrong with either, I didn't notice a difference in tolerances between the two fwiw.....

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I've got an RO. Love it to death. Fantastic trigger pull out of the box. I don't think you'll go wrong with either and the stainless one is less susceptible to the infamous 1911 half moon scratch. (keep part of an old credit card handy.)

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Didn't you have all sorts of problems with your first Springfield 1911, even after sending it back to the factory a couple times?

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    He had extraction issues even after sending it back the first time. He sold it after the second warranty visit. To be fair, he bought it used and the previous owner probably did that idiotic 10-8 Extractor Test on it. :D

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I let Jakashh borrow one of my 1911s once and he put an idiot scratch on it. NEVER AGAIN. Buy your own damn 1911 to **** up.
    Yeah this never happened.
    Didn't you have all sorts of problems with your first Springfield 1911, even after sending it back to the factory a couple times?

That was the cheapest model they made back when they first introducted it. It had 2 owners before me lol.
    He had extraction issues even after sending it back the first time. He sold it after the second warranty visit. To be fair, he bought it used and the previous owner probably did that idiotic 10-8 Extractor Test on it. :D
    Don't think the last owner did anything to it, guy before him might have.

Top Bottom