Springfield XD 9mm Subcompact

texas_teacher

Well-Known
Feb 14, 2009
South Korea
Shot one of these the other day and I was waffling between the M&P and the XD of which one would be my new sub 9 mil and oh dear christ. I haven't shot the M&P yet but the feel of the XD the accessory kit and the consistency and the accuracy of the XD is unreal. I shot a buddy's and emptied the mag in a little under a minute with a 2 1/2" group at 7 yards. I was duely impressed. I can't wait to add this to my gallery.

TxPhantom

Apr 5, 2008
Frisco, Texas
Both the XD and the MP's are very good weapons. My experience is with my MP 9c. I love this little pistol! Great ergonomics, very accurate considering the barrel length and very dependable. I have three MP's, a 9c, a full sized 40 caliber and my favorite range pistol is my MP 9 Pro.
My 1st choice would be a MP but you can't go wrong with either of these two compacts, just look for the best deal.
Lots of good info here; [URL="http://mp-pistol.com/boards/index.php?showforum=38"][url]http://mp-pistol.com/boards/index.php?showforum=38[/URL][/URL]

texas_teacher

Well-Known
Feb 14, 2009
South Korea
thanks picked up the xd this weekend just because of the different triggers and i loved the smoother trigger on the xd and oh dear god... I love it... the gun groups like the best of them and for a subcompact has little felt recoil and an amazingly small muzzle climb... i'm looking at buying the full size or the compact later as a range/office/car/home weapon because this one fits so smoothly in a pancake holster in the small of my back... is it true that the 16-round magazines of full size ones can be used in the sub-compact as well?

DirtyD

Well-Known
Sep 20, 2008
Spring
I love my XD9 Service, carry it every day in a comp-tac holster. You can go one further (actually two) on the magazines and get the mec-gar 18 rounders, order an extra sleeve or two and run all day.....

PopsXD9sc

Nov 16, 2008
Longview
Did your new 9sc come with the "new" 13 rd mag? Noticed on XDTalk that they are selling like hot cakes. I have a 9sc and have been using the XD40sc 9 rd mags in it since it was new; hold 13 9 mm's and same length as the stock 9mm mag. Sure makes it easy to conceal without the LONG 16 rounders. Know you will love the new gun; it gets better after a few rounds are run through it and you get used to the trigger pull. Congrats.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
Feb 14, 2009
South Korea
I got one of the 13 round mags but I didn't know that they had come out with these yet and so when I bought another spare at McBride's I ended up with a 10... Oh well though... with all three mags it is damn near 40 rounds at the range before I have to reload... That 16 round mag is strictly a range mag for me... I prefer the feel of those shorter mags with a Pearce grip extension... It just seems to console your hand in it and your pinky gets this nice little recliner to rest on while you cap off rounds... I love it... I can't wait to pick up some more of those beautiful 13 round mags though...

DirtyD

Well-Known
Sep 20, 2008
Spring
Dont know if you are refering to the 16 rounders or 18 rounders as "long" but the 18 round mec gars are a flush fit in a service XD which means with the sleeve on it it should be a flush fit (full size grip) on the SC as well...

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member