Springfield XD9

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by DirtyD, Jan 5, 2009.

1. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    My new Springfield XD9

On New Years Eve I added a Springfield XD9 Service model to my collection. I was going to go with a Glock 19, but when Gaston's fine people told me it would be a 12 week wait minimum I decided to go another route. After only 200 rounds, I must say I am glad I did. This little sucker shoots like a dream. I completley blew a few of my buddies minds with a rapid fire group (17 rounds) the size of an orange from 15 yards, and so far it will eat anything I feed it. I figure I will add some meprolights and a few mec-gar 18 rounders and call it complete, oh and a Crossbreed....

2. jiannichan

jiannichan New Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Little Elm/Frisco
    Glad you like it. I picked up an XD9 Service around October because it was a really good deal. Traded it for a G26 for more compacta month later. Put about 250 rounds through the G26, and wasn't as happy with the trigger feel and traded that after 3 weeks for an XD9SC. Back to being happy again. I will probably pick up an XD9 Service or an XDm9 later on.

3. Lumberjack98

Lumberjack98 Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Katy
    Congrats on the purchase.

Check out www.txdpsa.com and come out and shoot with us sometime. We shoot at Impact Zone the 4th Saturday of each month.

4. brickboy240

brickboy240 Active Member

May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    They're very good shooters!

I still have my 7 year old XD-40 Service, even though I carry other pistols. You don't ditch pistols that hit center mass all the time and never jam.

- brickboy240

5. chevydeerhunter

chevydeerhunter Well-Known

Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Is yours the new XDm 9mm? I was just reading about it in the latest G&A mag. It seems like a great gun and with 19+1 capacity, I just may have to enter the world of the 9mm again!

6. PopsXD9sc

PopsXD9sc Active Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Great choice and great gun. Went from the XD40 service to an XD9sc and it shoots almost as good. Pretty much lights out at 7-15 yds; even with an old codger like me running it.

7. xavierherrera

xavierherrera New Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Was looking for feed back like this. Think you made up my mind for me.

Thanks!!!!

8. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I have the XD9 Service, not the XDm, although it was a tough choice. Both are more acurate out of the box than many shooters are capable of, however the 1/2 inch shorter service just felt better IWB. As for ammo capacity I just ordered some mec-gar 18 round mags, so that one round doesnt make too much of a difference for me.... That being said I may go ahead and get an XDm in the near future, just because....

9. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    If you are anywhere near the Spring/Tomball area and would like to give it a whirl just shoot me a PM...