• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Hopefully they will not sucumb to these scum bags...I would hate to have to boycott them...My wife would kill me...

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    If they do an about face I'll never pass through their door again.
    I would rather been in a room full of legal gun owners that a room full of questionable people!
    I know the legal gun owners attitude and feel much safer.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Now I'd buy coffee from this place!

23198.gif

Cheers! M2

Young Gun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    DFW, TX
    Now I'd buy coffee from this place!

23198.gif

Cheers! M2

My thoughts exactly! What a cool logo!

These individuals who have been carrying guns into Starbucks have all the firepower of a SWAT team, and none of the law enforcement training.

This quote from the Brady sight really gets under my skin. It's misguided to say the least.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    The article states:
    "These individuals who have been carrying guns into Starbucks have all the firepower of a SWAT team, and none of the law enforcement training"

ALL the power of a SWAT team? Really? What in the world are they carrying over there? Full-auto's? Shotguns?

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    I go to Starbucks every morning for my cup o joe and I am actually surprised since they are out of Washington state and I thought it was pretty liberal up there. I sent them a note thanking them and telling them to stick to their guns.....haha get it....

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    I always thought Starbucks tasted like over-roasted crap. I really hate their coffee. That said, I just shot them a little note on their contact page, thanking them for supporting our Second Amendment rights, telling them I hate their coffee, but I am willing to try drinking it again in support of this policy.

Young Gun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    DFW, TX
    Sent a message to them, thanking them for their support. I drink their cold drinks but I've never been a fan of hot coffee.

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    i used to go for the frozen frappuchino's, but the coffee tastes like burnt nasty swill..

i havent been in forever, my old job used to brew their stuff everyday, the lib-retards there loved the crap

I don't drink coffee unless it's black, and hot. No sugar, no cream, no sprinkles, no cool whip. Just give me coffee. that's actually fun to order at Starbucks. "I'd like a cup of coffee." When they start speaking in tongues and asking all sorts of silly questions, I get to laugh at them and say, "no. just coffee. a whole cup. [points] that cup looks like the right size."

I worked at a place that only brewed Starbucks...those military folks loved that crap. I bring a thermos full of home brewed Dunkin Donuts coffee. Best stuff on earth.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I have boycoted starbucks since they made thier "screw the troops" comment when asked to send free coffee overseas. But what i want to know is what open carry state is this in? It keeps saying that people are open carrying in starbucks. But if they fall to Brady i will put up a stronger boycot against them.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    if they are bold enough to say screw the troops lets hope they are bold enough to stick to their guns on this. i would really like to kick that brady campaign guy in the nads.

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx

I support and hope Starbucks continues its resistance to progressive bull$hit, and I do patronize Starbucks. However, this article is the kind of unnecessary "fury" emanating from the unnecessary OC of firearms. OC is alarmist and provides a "feeding frenzie" for the anti-gun movement. Yea to CC, No to OC. Why do we, the pro-gun movement, continue to "feed" the anti-gun movement with a "John Wayne brandishing" of firearms?

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    Starbucks: Bring on the guns - San Jose Mercury News

Starbucks has brushed aside a request from a gun control advocacy group to ban the display of guns in its retail locations, saying it will abide by laws that allow patrons to openly carry unloaded weapons.
    The national Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence made the request in the wake of a series of meetings in local restaurants over the past few months by Bay Area Open Carry, a group that hopes to make it legal to carry loaded guns in California. Peets Coffee & Tea and California Pizza Kitchen responded to similar requests by banning displays of weapons in the companies' coffeehouses and restaurants.
    "Starbucks does not have a corporate policy regarding customers and weapons; we defer to federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding this issue," Starbucks' customer relations department said in response to the Brady Campaign's request.
    The head of a local chapter of the Brady Campaign was disappointed by the response.
    "I don't want someone who carries a gun into a store to be making life-and-death decisions. I don't think it's safe for them to be there," said Griffin Dix, who leads the Oakland-Alameda County chapter, which has more than 500 members and other chapters in San Mateo and Contra Costa counties.
    The Brady Campaign has sent e-mails to its approximately 180,000 members nationwide suggesting that they e-mail Starbucks asking the coffee giant to create an anti-gun policy.
    An active participant in the
    Advertisement

Bay Area Open Carry chapter hailed Starbucks' approach."We definitely applaud Starbucks for allowing law-abiding citizens to defend themselves and we will continue to patronize them as long as they do," said Brad Huffman, who is also a National Rifle Association-certified instructor and member of Bay Area Open Carry, which lists 610 members on its Facebook page.
    Huffman said Open Carry advocates often visit Starbucks displaying unloaded weapons, either during formal events or informally. The Antioch chapter of the group has had about six meetings at a Starbucks there, he said. Other meetings have taken place at a Peet's in San Ramon and in Livermore at Panama Red Coffee Co.
    Open Carry has a scheduled an event today in Walnut Creek, but has not announced a location.

Drs2288

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I don't drink coffee unless it's black, and hot. No sugar, no cream, no sprinkles, no cool whip. Just give me coffee. that's actually fun to order at Starbucks. "I'd like a cup of coffee." When they start speaking in tongues and asking all sorts of silly questions, I get to laugh at them and say, "no. just coffee. a whole cup.

I bet your hanging down to your ankles after drinking straight black coffey for x amount of years

Top Bottom