• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    You know what ... Guns and Coffee has a ring to it. How about we organize a series of meetings in cities all over Texas on Saturday mornings for gun talk and coffee? Let's show that we as the community support Starbuck's decision.
    Venture Surplus ad

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    Sounds like a plan even though I don't drink coffee, I am a morning shower followed by a glass of Orange Juice kinda man, works just as well. But I am always up for sitting in a breakfast joint and bullshitting about the weeks topics and discussing guns!

On another note:
    I decided to sign up for Brady Campaign's emails, I thought that it would be a good idea to know what they are organizing. I mean yes some of there ideas I like, but some I can't stand with a passion. I did like this little exert from the FaQ's under Assault Weapons "A threaded barrel designed to accommodate a silencer which allows an assassin to shoot without making noise" I don't really think a assassin cares about the law when they want to assassinate someone and not be heard.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Over the past few months, more and more gun owners have been gathering at restaurants and coffee shops like Starbucks with guns strapped to their hips, intimidating fellow patrons.

Not a problem in Texas.

Businesses can legally prohibit guns from being carried in their establishments – and so far, Peet's Coffee & Tea and California Pizza Kitchen have heeded customer concerns and barred the open carrying of guns.

Civilians can also prohibit themselves from entering said establishments and giving their money to establishments that have the mental fortitude of a mature adult.

But Starbucks is refusing to prohibit the open carrying of firearms in its stores, despite protests from loyal customers.

Did the Brady Campaign not read the same law as the comment above abides to? Business owners have the right to not only bar patrons from carrying weapons, but also have the right to accept the lawful carry of firearms into their business.

Because of Starbucks' refusal, the Brady Campaign has teamed up with CREDO Action to tell Starbucks to keep guns out of its coffee shops.

How befitting ... "You don't do what we want you to ... so we're going to "tell" you what to do". Next time you should put this in German for your fan base. In fact, here's something for you to copy off of:

"Halt! Sie können nicht Waffen hier tragen! Daß ist verboten! Sieg Heil für deinem Führer Obama!"

The practice of packing heat in places like Starbucks is intimidating and could be potentially dangerous to our families and communities – and it must be stopped.

I really enjoy the Hollywood script writer diction that is employed into every sentence. It's meant to instill fear through it's propagandic connoctation. Fear is the tool most commonly used by Dictators, Criminals, and Tyrannts.

It's everyone's right to sit in a restaurant or coffee shop with their families without intimidation or fear of guns, either concealed or openly carried.

It's not everyone's right to do so, on the contrary ... it's the right of every American and human being to preserve their own means of self-defense and to carry firearms in accordance. I suppose while they were looking up laws they forget to read the 2nd Amendment. Nothing a little homework couldn't fix for these children.

Under the law, Starbucks has the right to adopt a gun-free policy, with an exception for uniformed police officers. Such a policy can easily be implemented in most cases by putting up signs at store entrances.
    We need to tell Starbucks to bar guns in its stores. These individuals who have been carrying guns into Starbucks have all the firepower of a SWAT team, and none of the law enforcement training.

I have given numerous cops, cadets, and otherwise "trained" individuals a number of tips to improve their shooting ability. I, as a lowly civilian, can outshoot 99.9% of the police officers that come to our range. This isn't because I am any better than them, but it's because I simply train more often.

Carrying a pistol does not equate to fully automatic carbines, submachine guns, flashbangs, tear gas, shotguns, body armor, precision bolt rifles, and armored vehicles ... all of which are commonly found on a SWAT team. I can think of a few people that possess plenty of the above (legally mind you), but they would be hard pressed to carry it into a Starbucks. It's unnecessary, this isn't Haiti or Somalia.

You know, I would be more supporting of the Brady Campaign if they would at least try to make some degree of rational argument. Everything they have is nothing more than childish, Hollywood induced, bullshit. Are these people really this scared of firearms? I already know that answer, but their psychotic and irrational fear of a weapon does not entitle them to prohibit my freedom.

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    "Huffman said Open Carry advocates often visit Starbucks displaying unloaded weapons, either during formal events or informally"....now if this isn't ridiculous and alarmist I don't know what is. OC "unloaded weapons".....LOL. This feeds the anti-gun movement. We in the pro-gun movement sometimes appear to be "our" worse enemies, more so than the anti-gun, anti-American progressive movement. When are we going to "wise up" and drop the OC issue?

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    If the law changed that I could open carry I never would as I don't have a need to show off
    that I'am carrying a firearm. The whole idea of CC is to be able to protect yourself and family
    Without having a sign saying I'am armed and then being the first one the bad guy goes after.
    The less who know the better chance you have to survive should a problem arise.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    The article states:
    "These individuals who have been carrying guns into Starbucks have all the firepower of a SWAT team, and none of the law enforcement training"

ALL the power of a SWAT team? Really? What in the world are they carrying over there? Full-auto's? Shotguns?

I second that ... last time I was in one I didn't see any M4's or MP5's.

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    If the law changed that I could open carry I never would as I don't have a need to show off
    that I'am carrying a firearm. The whole idea of CC is to be able to protect yourself and family
    Without having a sign saying I'am armed and then being the first one the bad guy goes after.
    The less who know the better chance you have to survive should a problem arise.

+1 - No "John Wayne" allowed.

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    APatriot, if you don't like open carry, that's fine. But why must you continue to tell the rest of us how we may carry?

Simple answer. Let me say it again, OC is a "feeder" for the anti-gun movement which characterizes the entire pro-gun movement as "whacko". We don't need this issue clouding our pro-gun efforts to protect our gun rights which the progressives are always, without any reservation or qualification, trying to diminish.

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    We have a thread about OC vs CC :
    http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/gun-legislation/8523-open-carry.html

This thread is about Starbucks and their willingness to stand up to what Starbucks wants to do, not what they are "told" to do.
    I too sent them am email thanking them for allowing carry in their store and will make my wife very happy when we go there for coffee in the morning.

The premise of the article is Open Carry. How can you possibly discuss this article without referencing OC? Please!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Grayson County
    I sent off a message to Starbucks letting them know that their (current) position on carrying in their stores is what will make me choose them over a competitor.
    Hope the Brady campaign flops on this one.

pheet17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Baytown, Texas
    The premise of the article is Open Carry. How can you possibly discuss this article without referencing OC? Please!!

The premise of this tread is is Starbucks decision to follow a California State Law, and not be bullied by the Brady Group. I sent them a note and Thanked them for allowing law abiding citizens the ability to obey the law. It doesn't matter if its OC or CC.

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    The premise of this tread is is Starbucks decision to follow a California State Law, and not be bullied by the Brady Group. I sent them a note and Thanked them for allowing law abiding citizens the ability to obey the law. It doesn't matter if its OC or CC.

The following is quoted from the article, and IS the "instigator" as to the premise of this article which you identified above.

"Dear Friend,

Over the past few months, more and more gun owners have been gathering at restaurants and coffee shops like Starbucks with guns strapped to their hips, intimidating fellow patrons.
    Businesses can legally prohibit guns from being carried in their establishments – and so far, Peet's Coffee & Tea and California Pizza Kitchen have heeded customer concerns and barred the open carrying of guns. But Starbucks is refusing to prohibit the open carrying of firearms in its stores, despite protests from loyal customers........"

The "instigator" issue in the article IS OC, no matter how you want to spin it, divert from it, or ignore it!!

The consistent advocacy for OC IS "feeding" the anti-gun movement as I have previously argued.

Recommendatiion: read and disect the "elements" of the issue.

pheet17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Baytown, Texas
    The following is quoted from the article, and IS the "instigator" as to the premise of this article which you identified above.

"Dear Friend,

Businesses can legally prohibit guns from being carried in their establishments – and so far, Peet's Coffee & Tea and California Pizza Kitchen have heeded customer concerns and barred the open carrying of guns. But Starbucks is refusing to prohibit the open carrying of firearms in its stores, despite protests from loyal customers........"

The "instigator" issue in the article IS OC, no matter how you want to spin it, divert from it, or ignore it!!

The consistent advocacy for OC IS "feeding" the anti-gun movement as I have previously argued.

Recommendatiion: read and disect the "elements" of the issue.

My statements had nothing to do with the article. I know the elements of the issue. I don't wish to disect it, spin it, or ignore it. I spoke of this thread, and as you read the thread, the overwhelming topic of the thread is the fact they choose not to buckle to request of the brady champaign, but to follow the law of the state. The issue in the thread is what Starbucks was doing, not OC. If they were in TX and chose to follow our CC law as opposed to buckling under pressure to post a 30.06 this thread would still be relevant.

Recomendation: Follow the thread and read what you quote. The 5th word in my statement was thread not article.

pheet17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Baytown, Texas

chopper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    east tx
    My statements had nothing to do with the article. I know the elements of the issue. I don't wish to disect it, spin it, or ignore it. I spoke of this thread, and as you read the thread, the overwhelming topic of the thread is the fact they choose not to buckle to request of the brady champaign, but to follow the law of the state. The issue in the thread is what Starbucks was doing, not OC. If they were in TX and chose to follow our CC law as opposed to buckling under pressure to post a 30.06 this thread would still be relevant.

Recomendation: Follow the thread and read what you quote. The 5th word in my statement was thread not article.

+1 I couldnt have said it any better.
    Its Starbucks choice to sllow or disallow carry of any method. The Brady bunch just doesnt like it that choice dont fit into what they decide is good for everyone and moves to bully and intimidate Starbucks into falling into line, all under the quise of being against intimidating fellow patrons

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I'm more inclind to think that this is apathy, rather than pro-gun by Starbucks. I doubt they are having a problem from law-abiding citizens, and it would just be one more stupid rule they probably wouldn't enforce.

WiseOne

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Relentless Purgatory
    Now I'd buy coffee from this place!

23198.gif

Cheers! M2
    I don't drink coffee , But I want a shirt with this.

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    Sent:

Sent: Feb 5 2010 7:31AM
    To: Customer Relations
    Subject: corporate social responsibility
    Message: Regarding the Brady campaign to restrict patrons from lawfully carrying firearms in your stores.... Legally carrying patrons are the least likely trouble-makers in your establishment. Any restriction of my second amendment rights will result me taking my $100/month habit elsewhere.

Reply:

Hello Kurt,

Thanks for contacting Starbucks Coffee Company.

For Starbucks, the safety of our customers and partners is a paramount concern. We have existing security protocols in place to handle situations related to safety in our stores. We will continue to adhere closely to local, state and federal laws and the counsel of law enforcement regarding this issue.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your perspective.

Warm Regards,

Colleen N.
    Customer Relations
    Starbucks Coffee Company
    800 23-LATTE (235-2883)
    Monday through Friday, 5AM to 6PM (PST)

How's that for a non-answer.

Top Bottom