• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    The more I think about, the more I like the remote camera idea. My little toy drone has a camera on it that you can connect directly to with your phone or tablet; no wifi network needed. You can get the camera by itself for $30: http://www.amazon.com/Blomiky-Camer...d=1449590720&sr=1-1&keywords=syma+wifi+camera

Get a large battery for it, set it up downrange close to the target, connect to it with your phone and no more squinting through cheap spotting scopes!
    Those wifi cameras are limited to about 50 yards though. You could mod the antenna on it, but even then I doubt it would work out to 100 yards
    Lynx Defense

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Line of sight should be no problem for most out 100 yards or more.

http://www.6mmbr.com/targetcam.html old but has some ideas.
    Lol look at that monitor and camera in those pictures.
    Your right it should be, but in my experience with drones and cameras it is a problem until you start spending some money. Even with cameras running 2.4ghz and radios on 5.8ghz. I know it can be done, but is it worth it?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Those wifi cameras are limited to about 50 yards though. You could mod the antenna on it, but even then I doubt it would work out to 100 yards
    Yeah,I'll have to play with it to see what kind of range I can get out of it. I've got some high gain wifi antennas in a box somewhere so I can probably hook the little cam up to one of those.

Lol look at that monitor and camera in those pictures.
    The point of using obsolete equipment like that is it's dirt cheap. Camcorders and small old TVs are pretty much free when you find them. A VHF transmitter costs about $30.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    The point of using obsolete equipment like that is it's dirt cheap. Camcorders and small old TVs are pretty much free when you find them. A VHF transmitter costs about $30.
    That makes since. Just seems like a hassle to lug out to the field.

Top Bottom