• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    Do you have a problem submitting to authority or is there a particular policy that you take issue with?
    If so, are contributing to correct this injustice? Anarchy doesn't work very well, long term.
    If I were to provide my opinion it would be a really long diatribe that cites all the bullshit the US government has done to keep its global hegemony afloat whilst stamping on the rights of Americans as the politicians fill their greedy pockets with the hard earned money of the average person whilst trying to impose their agenda on the people, right or left they both hate the American citizen whilst using the media machine to paint them as better than they actually are, this isn't a right versus left issue nor a safety issue, any sort of government program is an attack on your rights, on my rights, on the people's rights to property and their money. any government owned enterprise isn't for the people, its for profit. a greater outcome would be the balkanization of the USA and Texas becoming its own free country as it ought to be.
    The government should ONLY be for defense and protection of borders, not for taking peoples money and telling them what they can and cannot own or buy or sell. and this idea that the US is a democratic nation is also a farce due to the fact that votes in national elections dont really represent the people as a whole and for the fact that democracy itself as the US has it is basically a 1 party system, the Democrats and Republicans work for the same team and some of yall are too blinded by nostalgia, ignorance, or just willful dismissal of the facts.

that's the short version.

the TLDR in one picture.

1687049471554.png

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Will EVs still need to be inspected in the 17 counties which require it?

Since emission tests were designed to improve air quality around the major metropolitan areas, logic would dictate EVs wouldn’t be subject to those tests. (But then again, logic flew out the window a couple years ago).

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Since emission tests were designed to improve air quality around the major metropolitan areas, logic would dictate EVs wouldn’t be subject to those tests. (But then again, logic flew out the window a couple years ago).
    hybrids might be subject to emissions testing but i suspect they would be very low emmisioif any at all!

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    From an article..

"However, some vehicles are exempt from emissions testing. Only gasoline-powered vehicles are required to undergo the annual test, according to the Texas Department of Public Safety. Diesel-powered vehicles and motorcycles are exempt from emissions testing.

Gasoline vehicles between the ages of two and 24 years old, or upon the expiration of a vehicle’s initial two-year inspection sticker, must have an emissions test."

I never thought about 18 wheelers.
    Does this mean that they will no longer have be inspected?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    From an article..

"However, some vehicles are exempt from emissions testing. Only gasoline-powered vehicles are required to undergo the annual test, according to the Texas Department of Public Safety. Diesel-powered vehicles and motorcycles are exempt from emissions testing.

Gasoline vehicles between the ages of two and 24 years old, or upon the expiration of a vehicle’s initial two-year inspection sticker, must have an emissions test."

I never thought about 18 wheelers.
    Does this mean that they will no longer have be inspected?
    irc they would come under dot requirements for a safety inspectionbut would be exempt from emmissions testing!

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    I have to say we are thrilled about this. One more sticker next year on some of our vehicles and done. We have two cars and one bike with antique plates (and the wife’s 99 Miata will join that group next year) so as long as I can get through 2024 no more dealing with that annoying procedure. Since we have lived in Kendall County (27 years), one inspection found a center brake light bulb that needed replacement. That’s it, and we had well over 100 inspections in that time.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    The biggest problem with safety inspections as they exist today is that the shops don't make enough money to actually perform a safety inspection.
    Horn and light test with a quick and nearly worthless braking test in the back parking lot.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angee
    Top Bottom