• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cliff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2010
    Houston, Texas
    Hi Guys,

I am affiliated with Suarez International but these opportunities are unrelated to SI.

I have a line on some security work in Iraq.

Static Gate Security in Green Zone in Iraq
    9 month contract, $76K, all expenses paid.

2 Year's Former Military minumum
    2 Years Security experience
    2 Years Firearm experience with Quals
    Nobody over age of 45
    American Citizens Only
    No Felonies
    Must meet physical/mental standards.

If interested, please email me a resume to cliffwiese@gmail.com

Thanks,

Cliff
    Guns International

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    Can you advise what the name of the company is that's hiring; and which U.S. govt entity is footing the bill for the contract. I spent the last two years in Iraq working for a government agency. The contractors we dealt with, Black Water, SOC and MVM paid their security personnel more than this. Then again, they all required more than 2 years MIL experience.

Cliff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2010
    Houston, Texas
    Roscoe,

I can't give you the name of the company. They have 3 positions open right now. If you are interested please send a resume.

Thanks!

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    It may just be me, but a professional wouldn't just send his resume to someone without knowing the employer. I know I would want to investigate the company before sending one.

LilIrishTemper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    DFW - Sherman
    Then dont apply. I am dealing with these people and it is totally legit. I'm on terminal leave and OPSEC with these folks is very serious. After speaking to Cliff, he is a stand up guy who is very open and honest about want they do and do not want. Being a longtime soldier, I'm very protective about my SSN and I have no problem giving it to this group.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Seriously? Send your resume for an application to work in Iraq to someone with 8 posts on a gun forum? The company name is not not published...

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    If he works for Suarez International then he's legit, IXLR8.

Still, I wouldn't take a security contract in the middle east for 76k since I've known guys doing non-dangerous work getting paid over four times that amount. Still not a bad gig if a guy gets into the Army, does a two year enlistment as a MP or infantry, and gets out.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Then dont apply.
    lol. Ya think?
    I am dealing with these people and it is totally legit. I'm on terminal leave and OPSEC with these folks is very serious. After speaking to Cliff, he is a stand up guy who is very open and honest about want they do and do not want. Being a longtime soldier, I'm very protective about my SSN and I have no problem giving it to this group.

Thats nice. No need for the hostility. It is good for you to stand up for Cliff, but for me, see IXLR8's response. Rofl

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I did not mean to flame anyone. I was just pointing out the obvious. If you have confidence in the gentleman then by all means apply for the position.

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    Not a slur at Cliff; he's just passing an employment tip to those looking for security work. I was just surprised that the money just doesn't seem all that in-line with what other contractors are offering out there. Not looking for a job, but I have over three years in Iraq, and another in Afghanistan. Carpenters, cooks, a/c guys, generator guys, warehouse people, drivers, even janitors are paid $35-$45/hour by KBR, IAP and numerous Haliburton subcontractors; and as Clockwork mentioned, these aren't dangerous jobs. Static security covering gates in the Green Zone sucks, sounds like someone is taking over for the Military after the draw down. Anyone manning a green zone gate will more than earn their money. Major security companies pay by the day - last I heard MVM paid base security $400-$500 per day, regardless of hours worked (usually 8 hrs/7 days a week). SOC pays their mobile security guys $600-$800 daily - and they don't work 7 days a week. Black Water (Xe) is no longer working in Iraq (at least I think they're out); they're big in Afghanistan and their pay is pretty much the same as the other security companies. I've known a lot of security contractors who bounce around from one company to another, depending on assignment and timing. Most guys work 2-3 months at a stretch, then take a month off. Again as Clockwork said, for a guy finishing up a two year enlistment, it could be a good deal, giving experience for moving on to better jobs. For a long term soldier, I think there are much better paying options.

LilIrishTemper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    DFW - Sherman
    IXLR8, no offense taken. My issue is with Tx Investigator saying a "professional" wouldnt send a resume off without doing his homework. I did my homework and Company X does alot of training with one of TGT's larger sponsors. The hostitility comes from when Tx Investigator, questions something about a 3rd party company that he has no clue about. And while youre at it you probably should tell Allan to drop Suarez International as a TGT sponsor, and tell them to let Cliff go since your spidey sense is tingling and its possibly a scam to recruit for one of their clients.

Just my 2¢

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Anyone that has any actual experience with the military knows about OPSEC. What caught my eye wasn't the unusual way that the contracting job was offered but the comparatively low pay of the job.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Major security companies pay by the day - last I heard MVM paid base security $400-$500 per day, regardless of hours worked (usually 8 hrs/7 days a week). SOC pays their mobile security guys $600-$800 daily - and they don't work 7 days a week. Most guys work 2-3 months at a stretch, then take a month off.

OK, where do I sign! LOL... Unfortunatly, I only had 6 yrs combined Guard/Regular Army....I'd go do it for a couple of yrs...why not..

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    The security companies I listed all have websites. I've worked closely with contractors from all three companies, and in almost every case they were highly professional and great guys to work with.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    The security companies I listed all have websites. I've worked closely with contractors from all three companies, and in almost every case they were highly professional and great guys to work with.

+1

Also, they don't hire ONLY Americans. There were a lot of bilingual or trilingual Ugandan soldiers that were cool as hell working for SOC.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    For $77K without any living expenses, it might not be so bad. I see people work offshore in the oil industry without a college degree, and relatively little training for $150K/yr. But it is long stretches of boring work, no privacy, and dangerous conditions. The best part is that there is no place to spend it, and it leaves large sums for later spending.

Sorry Cliff, did not know you were a sponsor. If a reliable person like Clockwork would have made the initial post, I would have never said anything. There are a few people on here that have no credibility, yet are very vocal. For all I knew Cliff was a Nigerian prince trying to give me some money... ;)

Top Bottom