• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jr urbina

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    CenTex
    Seriously? Send your resume for an application to work in Iraq to someone with 8 posts on a gun forum? The company name is not not published...

I'm fairly new to TGT, but I'll vouch for Cliff. He and I have trained together for a few years now, both prior to working with Suarez Int. and since. Cliff is solid. If he's posting a job for someone, it's legit. If the money ain't good enough for you, look elsewhere.

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    Clockwork - we had Ugandan MIL guards manning internal gates on Ramadi Base. They were great guys, fun to be around. SOC was paying them $30/day for their work. The Ugandans in Ramadi only had 10-12 bunks in their barracks for 40-50 guys, most slept on a blanket on the floor. We gave them a dozen or so bunkbeds, at least enough so every man had a bunk to sleep on. We used to check the gates and towers they manned on our side of base and would drop off gator aide, cokes, candy and cookies for them. SOC treats the Americans good, but 3rd world personnel are usually treated like crap. You do one of those guys a favor, and they act like they owe you for life.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Clockwork - we had Ugandan MIL guards manning internal gates on Ramadi Base. They were great guys, fun to be around. SOC was paying them $30/day for their work. The Ugandans in Ramadi only had 10-12 bunks in their barracks for 40-50 guys, most slept on a blanket on the floor. We gave them a dozen or so bunkbeds, at least enough so every man had a bunk to sleep on. We used to check the gates and towers they manned on our side of base and would drop off gator aide, cokes, candy and cookies for them. SOC treats the Americans good, but 3rd world personnel are usually treated like crap. You do one of those guys a favor, and they act like they owe you for life.

Yeah, those guys were really cool. Super friendly but very professional about their work. You're absolutely right about them getting treated like shit, though. I remember one time I was over on Camp Victory and this big white South African SOC dude just hauled off and punched one of the Ugandan guys in the face for some minor infraction. Think I heard they were making around $500/month. I think that's shit pay but supposed to be really great for Uganda, but still. Risking your life day in and day out, living in crappier conditions than deployed soldiers, I wish they got paid more. But such is life.

I was always sad to hear when one of them were K.I.A.

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    The SOC guys that worked with us were really decent. The ones who worked with DoD pretty much came across as POS!!! Don't think State Dept hired SOC for anything.

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    Let's have this conversation without the shit slinging or I lock this thing up and send it to purgatory.
    Cliff, I 'm sorry your thread got shit on. Good luck filling the positions.

Cliff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2010
    Houston, Texas
    Gentlemen,

If you don't think it's legit, don't apply. That's pretty simple, huh?

If you have a line on security jobs that pay twice the money, send them a resume. That's not rocket science. I have three positions that need to be filled. If you don't like something about what I posted, see sentence #1.

Cliff

LilIrishTemper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    DFW - Sherman
    Gentlemen,

If you don't think it's legit, don't apply. That's pretty simple, huh?

If you have a line on security jobs that pay twice the money, send them a resume. That's not rocket science. I have three positions that need to be filled. If you don't like something about what I posted, see sentence #1.

Cliff

Thanks for the email this morning, good talking to you.

Eric

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    I think all the security contract jobs require at least a SECRET clearance; some require TOP SECRET. A SECRET clearance can be obtained fairly quickly, especially if its requested by a company doing work for the government.

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    FWIW, if anyone has questions on PMC stuff, send me a PM and I will do my best to answer. I will try to clear some stuff up for those that don't know. All of these jobs require at least a Secret clearance. There are only 2 companies I know offering jobs with TS clearances. I will not talk about those. As always, the client (i.e. DoS, DoD, etc.) sets the hiring standards and then the companies try to hire the best they can within those standards. Static is not the highest paying job out there for contracting. Pay can vary from 30k-90k depending on company and task-order (location). Also benefits (if any) vary as well. You are always covered by Defense Base Act but you may have to purchase your own health care. Requirements for this job are usually 2 years mil/LEO experience. Combat MOS is usually preferred for these positions but not required (for some companies this varies). Mobile teams generally make the most out of all the contractors. Pay can go up to 700/day. PSS is the main gig out there for shooters. Combat MOS is a requirement along with 1 year hazardous theater time. LEO experience is acceptable as well. Pay for these is standard at 500/day with pretty much every company out there. Requirements for all jobs are posted on each companies website. Look them up to see if you qualify. Hiring process can take anywhere from a couple weeks to 6 months to a year. Depends on how bad they need manpower downrange and if they can get money from putting you thru training. Clearance is the longest process, if you have never had one before, and also a pain in the ass. Also, there are always jobs for IT gurus, repairmen, vehicle maintenance men, armorers, and various other positions. Requirements are always listed on the companies website. Best way to get hired is get a recruiters direct email address. Applying through the website puts you in an electronic folder and you get lost in the masses. It's all about who you know and who you blow.

I WILL NOT GIVE OUT ANY EMAIL ADDRESSES TO ANYONE! But any other questions feel free to ask.

Top Bottom