• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Roseann said some friends had told her they could set up a go fund me for them but she declined. She may change her mind but that is what she said to me yesterday during my visit.

The idea of a TGT fund and just having someone here that knew him give it to her sounds good. Otherwise she might kindly refuse if we ask her.
    @robertc1024
    Thoughts?

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    Terrible news, so sorry to hear this.

I also never had the pleasure of meeting Sterling in person and only know him from the forum, which I consider to be clearly my loss...

My condolences go out to his family and hope they're able to stay strong through this.

Rest in Peace Sterling, may you find yourself welcomed into God's eternal light.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    How about naming it "Silent triggers" or something like that.
    It's getting started here. I never really thought about using anything but "Left the Range," an homage to another shooting organization with a very old demographic that dealt with losses all too regularly. But nothing is set in stone, yet.

Anyone is welcome to PM me or any member of the staff with you ideas and suggestions.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Are you saying one, in addition to the normal meet coming up, or dedicate that one to him?
    Either. I didn't know one was coming up. I never get to go because they're on Saturdays, so they stay off my radar. If one is coming up, then I say everyone that can, come, and make it a huge one. I'm sure Sterling would like a lot of people having a good time and building bonds. I'll make sure to take off this go round.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I think we should have a meet in his honor, and focus heavy on 1911's, long range rifles, and brisket.

Sterling was gunna stop by to shoot at my place several months ago when he was gunna be up my way. His wife ended up getting sick that weekend so he never made it by.
    I'd be up to host a shoot at my place in EAST TX.

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    I have been saying for YEARs that I have wanted to meet Sterling, he has been here as a member for a very long time. We used to do private fundraisers here on TGT when a member was in need or the family of a member, but that was many years ago.

Sterling, I am grieved by your premature departure, and deeply saddened that I will never get to meet you in person. Although we have never met, I have felt a deep kinship with you. May you be presented in the Great Beyond with the finest pair and tastefully engraved 1911s created by the Great Gunsmith, may your ammunition supply never run low, and the classiest tooled leather gun belt and holsters are waiting there for your pleasure. Fair winds...

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Sterling was gunna stop by to shoot at my place several months ago when he was gunna be up my way. His wife ended up getting sick that weekend so he never made it by.
    I'd be up to host a shoot at my place in EAST TX.
    You got east covered.
    I'll host the west.
    Same weekend.
    I claim long range unless FireInTheWire bumps me .

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I have been saying for YEARs that I have wanted to meet Sterling, he has been here as a member for a very long time. We used to do private fundraisers here on TGT when a member was in need or the family of a member, but that was many years ago.

Sterling, I am grieved by your premature departure, and deeply saddened that I will never get to meet you in person. Although we have never met, I have felt a deep kinship with you. May you be presented in the Great Beyond with the finest pair and tastefully engraved 1911s created by the Great Gunsmith, may your ammunition supply never run low, and the classiest tooled leather gun belt and holsters are waiting there for your pleasure. Fair winds...
    Nice.
    I bet JMB himself is listening to Sterling spin a yarn right about now.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Okay....I'm gonna ramble a bit...but I don't care. I've been trying to come to terms with this all day. Sterling was one of those friends that you can share your darkest thoughts with, and he'd keep the confidence. He also had a wicked sense of humor, and could take it in any direction you wanted.

A couple of stories y'all might enjoy.....

We were having a get-together BBQ here at the house, and Sterling was coming. I made sure the only "open" spot was in the driveway, directly behind my truck. I printed up a sign and taped it to the back "WHITE FOLKS ONLY".....Sterling parked, got out, and busted out laughing as he came over to me to shake hands. He KNEW I had his back, and that I'd laugh just as hard when he came up with a retort (which he was VERY good at, lol).

A number of years back, we were having a shoot at the Bullethole in SA. The day turned miserable, with misting rain and cold temperatures, but we decided to go ahead with the eating part.....I went to get some stuff from the store, and also came back with a watermelon that I drew a 1911 on. After eating, I announced that I'd finally decided to give Sterling one of my .45's....and handed him that watermelon with the drawing. He looked at it, got that "poor me" look on his face and said - "That's just like whitey - gives the poor black boy the gun that doesn't work!"

Sterling was on a LOT of the old gun boards all over the country, just as I am. I happened to be surfing one when a string caught my eye - can't really say why, but as I opened it and started reading it, I quickly realized that one of the participants was none other than Sterling, and some of the white trash on the board were REALLY busting on him for no other reason than he was black. I did a quick double-take, because I couldn't believe that kind of talk would be allowed....then I started hunting down the various admin's. In fairness, it was a large board with LOTS of activity, and I honestly feel that the discussion had fallen between the cracks. Those of you who know me know that one thing I won't stand for is a friend being attacked, and I proceeded to light into each of them individually and personally, countering every BS comment they'd made....I was beyond pissed. Eventually, an admin showed up and started handling things....but Sterling called me later, concerned that I might have angered some folks with my comments. Typical of him - he'd take the abuse rather than endanger a friend. I think that was the day that he finally realized just how much I respected and cared for him - but I never regretted my actions that day.

The Cabela's story I've already told - those of you that might have been there that day can remember how nervous everyone was.....lol Sterling was my brother - and I'm going to miss him terribly. I doubt I'm going to handle any of this well, but guys learn from this - treasure your friends, because they're taken all too soon. Sterling's the 3rd really close friend I've lost in my life - and it sucks.

Old buddy, I know you're finally free of the constraints of your body, and you're up there...please say "Hi" to Mom & Dad - they'll be happy to see you again. Until it's my turn, old son, keep things in order - and be in God's peace.

Top Bottom