• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I understand helping those impacted, but if you’ve kept your income...
    My income has remained steady for the last 4 years, but yes, I have been impacted by the 20-30% increase in the cost of groceries, goods and services in the last year. I see the $600 as just a small offset to the cost of living. The 1.3% COLA adjustment for SS and military pension just doesn't cut it.

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Is that surprising? It is just the bait of low-hanging fruit offered for VOTES for Biden. Originally only $600 was offered a crumbs to the needy by Democrats. Trump pushed the amount up to make it more beneficial to those in need AND the Democrat caponized on it again for votes.
    The whole stimulus check thing was political from the beginning. Some people got them while others did not. I was one that did NOT. I got the message.

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    My income has remained steady for the last 4 years, but yes, I have been impacted by the 20-30% increase in the cost of groceries, goods and services in the last year. I see the $600 as just a small offset to the cost of living. The 1.3% COLA adjustment for SS and military pension just doesn't cut it.
    Now that Biden has been confirmed, I am sure that my income (retired) will decline rapidly. My wife is retired military and I am disabled and cannot get SSA disability. Wrong color. I cannot afford to throw more money into lawyer and fees.

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Yes I have kept my income. But it too has severe limitations. My wife gets her "retirement" retainer but has to work to keep us solvent. She is under 65. I get regular Social Security and have some investments but the taxes on that is a bit restrictive too. I am a Gunsmith but there is really no money in that right now with the economy the way it is. I am the sole financial support for my 88 year old mother which is a pain,,, but it is mom.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Now that Biden has been confirmed, I am sure that my income (retired) will decline rapidly. My wife is retired military and I am disabled and cannot get SSA disability. Wrong color. I cannot afford to throw more money into lawyer and fees.

How does Social Security disability affect Social Security retirement benefits?
    your disability benefits automatically convert to retirement benefits, but the amount remains the same. If you also receive a reduced widow(er)'s benefit, be sure to contact Social Security when you reach full retirement age so that we can make any necessary adjustment in your benefits.

What You Need to Know When You Get Social Security Disability ...

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    How does Social Security disability affect Social Security retirement benefits?
    your disability benefits automatically convert to retirement benefits, but the amount remains the same. If you also receive a reduced widow(er)'s benefit, be sure to contact Social Security when you reach full retirement age so that we can make any necessary adjustment in your benefits.
    What You Need to Know When You Get Social Security Disability ...
    I do NOT get Social Security Disability. I have been to court four times and denied.. that costs time and bucks. Throwing away funds for court costs and lawyers just is bad economics.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I do NOT get Social Security Disability. I have been to court four times and denied.. that costs time and bucks. Throwing away funds for court costs and lawyers just is bad economics.

Then you got ripped off. Attorney doesn't get paid until you actually get disability.

How Much Does a Social Security disability attorney cost?
    Your Social Security Disability lawyer's fee will be 25%, of your back benefits, and this is often paid to them directly from the SSA. However, the fee is capped at $6,000, no matter how much in past-due benefits you receive.Aug 15, 2018

Social Security Disability Lawyer Contingency Fees

What are Contingency Fees?
    If you’re concerned about whether or not you can afford to hire a disability lawyer, don’t be.

Social Security Disability lawyers work on a contingent fee basis. This means that they are only paid if, and when, you are granted Social Security benefits. If your claim isn’t approved at any point in the process, you won’t pay them.

There’s no upfront cost to hire a top disability lawyer. When you hire your lawyer, you’ll sign a “contingency fee agreement” that will set forth the exact terms of their payment.

These fee agreements are reviewed, and must be approved by, the Social Security Administration (SSA,) but do be sure that you carefully read it before signing, and ask questions if there’s anything that you don’t completely understand.

BTDT already.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Wrong color? Are you a flying purple people eater from outer space, an illegal intergalactic alien?

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    You're doing it wrong if you paid upfront.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    What’s everyone doing with their stimulus checks from themselves? What’s really the best thing to do to piss off the feds? Guns, gold, ammo, body armor, pistol braces, 80% lowers and polymer 80 stuff?

Kayt00

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    North DFW
    What’s everyone doing with their stimulus checks from themselves? What’s really the best thing to do to piss off the feds? Guns, gold, ammo, body armor, pistol braces, 80% lowers and polymer 80 stuff?
    Its the beginning of the year so health insurance deductibles are in again. So much for new toys...

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    [

Plumber got most of mine.
    If I get anything.

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Living here in the "people's Republic of Calinois (formerly Illinois) is a challenge to say the least. Guns are tough and ammo even tougher. Fortunately I was good to myself and while I could work, invested in many things. Guns and lots of them was my biggest expense. I sit on my FFLs and play things pretty close to the vest as they say. I do not have alot of income but I do not have any real bills either. No children, no mortgage, just taxes. My most recent expenditure was a bit of a stretch of my "expendable" funds. With the complete take-over of Illinois by Chicago Demoncrats. the governor push most of the gun shops out of business. I was a long time friend and customer of a business here that had been a mainstay of the firearms community for almost 50 years. Democrats made it too expensive to keep their business open. The last couple days they had left. I had a meeting with the family/owners. I bought the remaining contents of their business. NO GUNS! So no hassle with the fing government. All of the ammo, supplies, powder, tools and parts. Then parceled off the stuff I don't use to recoup some of my expense. That was over a year ago and I am still sorting stuff. Kinda like Christmas to my self. My basement is a disaster zone! But lots of fun during lock-down.

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Well that is possible but not likely. Very few people are allowed into my inner sanctum. Security is paramount. besides, I am a bit grumpy. Most of my relatives are not allowed in. They all think I am an ass anyway... lol. I am the weird old uncle nobody invites to family gatherings. I don't care much for them either. I always say, "you can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you cannot wipe your friends on a horse's saddle"
    I have shared some glimpses into my rooms a long time ago. so here is a couple shots for fun?
    DSC_0552-a.jpg
    DSC_0555-a.jpg
    DSC_0559-a.jpg
    DSC_0576-a.jpg
    DSC_0580-a.jpg
    DSC_0588-a.jpg
    DSC_0587-a.jpg

Top Bottom