• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    You might want to reconsider that. I learned yesterday that its like the other stimulus payment years ago. Its considered an advance payment of your refund. Whether you keep it or not, it will be part of the calculation of your taxes & payments for 2020 taxes.

You people that think its a free hand out, it aint. Its the gubment giving you an advance on your 2020 refund.

Please show me link supporting this.
    Everything I have found states that it's not taxable, and won't come out of your 2020 refund.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Check my posts from the primaries, lol. I had choice words. Once Cruz was out I got on the train though and shoveled coal.

Trump has been much better than I ever expected him to be. I will call out things I dislike but he has done much good. Just wish he was more pro-2A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HJB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2020
    Texas
    You might want to reconsider that. I learned yesterday that its like the other stimulus payment years ago. Its considered an advance payment of your refund. Whether you keep it or not, it will be part of the calculation of your taxes & payments for 2020 taxes.

You people that think its a free hand out, it aint. Its the gubment giving you an advance on your 2020 refund.

According to forbes, that is absolutely not true. I've never even heard anyone reputable say this might be the case.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackfriedman/2020/04/14/stimulus-check-myths/#373eeb6aea3f

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town
    I was a Cruz supporter as well and really didn't like Trump as he is a horse's heinie; I was really suspicious of his former life with the liberal/Dem camp and thought he would turn on all the promises he made. He didn't. The only thing I find disappointing is that when he had the first two years of his term with a Rep Congress he didn't get the darn wall erected or at least funded fully. Other than that, I have been pretty impressed and even "lyin' Ted" has got on board. Pence also proved to be pretty solid as VP. I voted for Trump as the alternative was the beast.
    McCain and company (RINO's) prevented it.

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    According to forbes, that is absolutely not true. I've never even heard anyone reputable say this might be the case.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackfriedman/2020/04/14/stimulus-check-myths/#373eeb6aea3f

How about this:
    “Okay, I don’t understand. What is a refundable tax credit?

“A refundable credit means that you can take advantage of the credit even if you do not owe any tax. Unlike with a nonrefundable credit, if you don't have any tax liability, the "extra" credit is not lost but is instead refunded to you.

“In this case, the stimulus check acts like a refund for a new, temporary tax credit that you get in advance based on your 2020 income. That’s confusing because you don’t know how much you’re going to earn in 2020, but it’s why the IRS is using earlier returns. But since it’s an advance payment on a new credit does not affect your “normal” tax refund for 2020: you won’t lose out on your expected tax refund for 2020 with the check.
    Okay, I don’t understand. What is a refundable tax credit? A refundable credit means that you can take advantage of the credit even if you do not owe any tax. Unlike with a nonrefundable credit, if you don't have any tax liability, the "extra" credit is not lost but is instead refunded to you.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyp...e-tax-stimulus-checks-but-were-afraid-to-ask/

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    How about this:
    “Okay, I don’t understand. What is a refundable tax credit?

“A refundable credit means that you can take advantage of the credit even if you do not owe any tax. Unlike with a nonrefundable credit, if you don't have any tax liability, the "extra" credit is not lost but is instead refunded to you.

“In this case, the stimulus check acts like a refund for a new, temporary tax credit that you get in advance based on your 2020 income. That’s confusing because you don’t know how much you’re going to earn in 2020, but it’s why the IRS is using earlier returns. But since it’s an advance payment on a new credit does not affect your “normal” tax refund for 2020: you won’t lose out on your expected tax refund for 2020 with the check.
    Okay, I don’t understand. What is a refundable tax credit? A refundable credit means that you can take advantage of the credit even if you do not owe any tax. Unlike with a nonrefundable credit, if you don't have any tax liability, the "extra" credit is not lost but is instead refunded to you.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyp...e-tax-stimulus-checks-but-were-afraid-to-ask/

From your link....

"It will not affect your “normal” refund in 2020, nor how much you owe."

"Is my check taxable? No. This is not taxable income."

HJB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2020
    Texas
    Seriously? Have you been hiding under in a cave for the last four years?

I'm not even going to dignify that with a reply!
    No, I'm just curious what you would like to see him do that is more pro gun than he has already done. Can't you dignify that with an answer ?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    No, I'm just curious what you would like to see him do that is more pro gun than he has already done. Can't you dignify that with an answer ?

You seriously must be daft.

Let's see. He could have stood up more opposed to how bump stocks were handled.

How about the Hearing Protection Act?

How about all the anti gun states essentially violating the 2nd Amendment? Like California, Virginia, New York, ect, ect.?

Shall I go on?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

How about all the anti gun states essentially violating the 2nd Amendment? Like California, Virginia, New York, ect, ect.?

Shall I go on?
    She/he is a troll. Don’t take the bait.

HJB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2020
    Texas

Shall I go on?
    Why do you have to be so rude ? I'm just trying to have a discussion about things you might disagree with. You seem to want to avoid legitimate discussions so thanks for your comments.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Why do you have to be so rude ? I'm just trying to have a discussion about things you might disagree with. You seem to want to avoid legitimate discussions so thanks for your comments.

You seem to only be interested in finding things that people here will disagree with

HJB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2020
    Texas
    You seem to only be interested in finding things that people here will disagree with

How did I ask what anyone disagreed with when I only asked him what things he wished Trump would be more outspoken on ?

And what else have I asked that people would disagree with ?

Top Bottom