• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    In a general way, my opinion of the ACLU is very very poor. IMO they are a political org for decades. I can recall very few cases they have taken that weren't blatantly leftist or reverse racism. A very few... it always surprises me when they take up a cause I support.

Regarding "disbanding".... uhmmmmm @Axxe55 is right on that score... they are a private org. In a free country we cannot "disband" an org just because we don't agree with them... tho I must admit the left works pretty hard at it, at least to the point of suppression, manipulation of opinion, censorship, cancel culture, etc.

Back to gun talk, silly, this is a thread about the rotten state of the criminal justice system. Any talk of guns should be within that context or it's gonna be seriously off-topic. But hey, go for it, I like off-topic.
    We may have some minor differences of opinions of the ACLU, but trying to be civil in our disagreements is what respect is about. Thank you for saying what you did @bbbass

Kind of chaps my ass when some noob, only being here about four days, and on his 5th post, trying to tell someone what we can discuss on the forum. @tshan17 , I might suggest learning some manners and respect for others if you plan on posting in the politics section of the forum. Or don't.
    Capitol Armory ad

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    The aclu I know is a far left org pretending to represent all - they don't.

Of all the lawyers I've known in general, only one is/was (he died recently) a Conservative.

For reasons I can't fathom, like public school teachers, most (not all) are left leaning or are hard leftists.

I hope that's just my experience...

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    We may have some minor differences of opinions of the ACLU, but trying to be civil in our disagreements is what respect is about. Thank you for saying what you did @bbbass

You're very welcome @Axxe55 !!!

Kind of chaps my ass when some noob, only being here about four days, and on his 5th post, trying to tell someone what we can discuss on the forum.

^^^THIS.

People seem to have lots of brass and attitude today. Rudeness abounds. Must be the internet. :frog:

Since this is a gun forum, here is their official position on gun control. https://www.aclu.org/blog/civil-liberties/mobilization/aclus-position-gun-control

They are so WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I disagree.
    The FBI and ATF need to be disbanded. We managed 150 years without them.

*MAYBE* A federally supported organization to assist states in crimes spanning jurisdictions, but without any investigative or enforcement ability themselves, but I'd be just fine living without such an organization too.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Disband all federal LE agencies except one - the US Marshal Service. Fire the employees - don't just shuffle them into other fedgov jobs of the same or higher paygrade. That would cut a huge chunk out of the budget and save the taxpayers bigly.

US Marshal Service could take over the role of Executive Protection for those that get it - which should be limited to the POTUS, VP, Speaker of the House, and Senate Majority Leader. All other members of gov't - cabinet officials, congress critters, etc can hire private body guards or carry a damn gun.

US Marshal Service would be primarily tasked with what they do now - prisoner transport and interstate fugitive apprehension. They can be that agency that bridges the gaps between states - coordinating with the individual states. This may be controversial - but I'd say we could eliminate 99.5% of federal laws as well - leave the Constitution and Bill of Rights as they are and wipe the slate clean otherwise on criminal law.

Congress would primarily serve to pass a budget and decide on matters like declaring war, voting on international treaties, and serving as a check against the abuses of the executive and judicial branches.

Disband almost all the other federal agencies - no more US DOT, no more FAA, no more US Dept of Ed, etc. Could leave immigration - sans law enforcement authority - to process people in and out of the country and process citizenship and asylum seekers claims.

Let the individual states handle that shit as they see fit, within the bounds of the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Dare I say - we should even look to transitioning the active duty and federal reserve military branches away from full time Federal authority into the National Guard - individual state militias that spend the bulk of their time under the authority of the governor of their state, only called to Federal service during emergencies and times of war. The US Navy gets transitioned into the Naval National Guard or some such. Maybe keep the Coast Guard as a federal thing, I dunno - it could probably likewise be transitioned to the states or incorporated into the Navy. Not sure why it couldn't be absorbed into the Navy now and add those missions to the Navy's current missions.

The Federal court system would be primarily to settle matters of Constitutional law, or to handle disputes between the states, like they were originally intended.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Maybe keep the Coast Guard as a federal thing, I dunno - it could probably likewise be transitioned to the states or incorporated into the Navy. Not sure why it couldn't be absorbed into the Navy now and add those missions to the Navy's current missions.

PHuck that part of the plan.

The U.S. Coast Guard is a military service, it is NOT a "federal thing". Big diff in quality between USCG and Navy pukes/squids. You really want a bunch of swingin dick sailors responsible for nearshore rescue work and drug interdiction?... Pretty sure they'd all be too high to save anybody. And too busy examining their "white rage" and rooting out Trump supporters and other patriots... can't have that patriot thing going on in the services.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Actually the United States Coast Guard is a unique department, as in peace-time, it comes under the jurisdiction of the Department of Homeland Security, it's jurisdiction can be transferred to the Department of the Navy. That transfer can be done by the president at any time, or by Congress during times of war.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Actually the United States Coast Guard is a unique department, as in peace-time, it comes under the jurisdiction of the Department of Homeland Security, it's jurisdiction can be transferred to the Department of the Navy. That transfer can be done by the president at any time, or by Congress during times of war.

+wikipedia is just as leftest as the scum sucking anti American ACLU.
    Axxe if that's your source for information, it's no wonder you are so supportive of commie groups. I'll bet you support health care from Planned Parenthood too. Trick question, PP does not provide health care.
    wiki is great for finding out if your favorite actor has died or the top record the week you were born. wiki monitors and rewrites anything submitted to insure its leans left in every respect.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    +wikipedia is just as leftest as the scum sucking anti American ACLU.
    Axxe if that's your source for information, it's no wonder you are so supportive of commie groups. I'll bet you support health care from Planned Parenthood too. Trick question, PP does not provide health care.
    wiki is great for finding out if your favorite actor has died or the top record the week you were born. wiki monitors and rewrites anything submitted to insure its leans left in every respect.
    You have not a clue what I support or believe in. Are you implying that I'm a communist? Because I happen to believe that people have rights and freedoms, and that the ACLU has taken up those fights to battle? So if you are implying that I'm a commie, then at least man up and say it out loud if that's what you believe. Otherwise, STFU.

So the source I linked about the USCG, please for all reading, show us what's false about the information provided.

Last edited:

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Or maybe us Coastie SAR Aircrewmen can just go back to the days of being in the Dept of Transportation, and leave the serious armed work to the real military. Or disband us... since it's really not important work.

I'll remind folks that in the War to End All Wars, USCG Coxswains piloted many of the landing craft... the only guy on board with his head sticking up above the armor. And that during the Vietnam Conflict, is was often Coasties piloting the boats going up the Mekong R.

But that's ok, they were just doing the "federal thing".

Watching the movie "The Guardian" might be instructive, or maybe ask the people of Brownsville, Tampa, Miami, or the Bering Sea how they see it.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Or maybe us Coastie SAR Aircrewmen can just go back to the days of being in the Dept of Transportation, and leave the serious armed work to the real military. Or disband us... since it's really not important work.

I'll remind folks that in the War to End All Wars, USCG Coxswains piloted many of the landing craft... the only guy on board with his head sticking up above the armor. And that during the Vietnam Conflict, is was often Coasties piloting the boats going up the Mekong R.

But that's ok, they were just doing the "federal thing".

Watching the movie "The Guardian" might be instructive, or maybe ask the people of Brownsville, Tampa, Miami, or the Bering Sea how they see it.
    Some people never give the Coast Guard their deserved respect they have earned many times over.

I have even heard a couple of times over the years, that the USCG is not a legitimate branch of the service. Hmm.....I have to wonder at the stupidity of that line of thinking!

tshan17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2021
    Arizona
    In a general way, my opinion of the ACLU is very very poor. IMO they are a political org for decades. I can recall very few cases they have taken that weren't blatantly leftist or reverse racism. A very few... it always surprises me when they take up a cause I support.

Regarding "disbanding".... uhmmmmm @Axxe55 is right on that score... they are a private org. In a free country we cannot "disband" an org just because we don't agree with them... tho I must admit the left works pretty hard at it, at least to the point of suppression, manipulation of opinion, censorship, cancel culture, etc.

Back to gun talk, silly, this is a thread about the rotten state of the criminal justice system. Any talk of guns should be within that context or it's gonna be seriously off-topic. But hey, go for it, I like off-topic.
    Sorry, but those very words are in the title of this forum: “TexasGUNTALK”.

tshan17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2021
    Arizona
    I disagree.
    The FBI and ATF need to be disbanded. We managed 150 years without them.

*MAYBE* A federally supported organization to assist states in crimes spanning jurisdictions, but without any investigative or enforcement ability themselves, but I'd be just fine living without such an organization too.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    I agree with you on the FBI and ATF for sure!

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Sorry, but those very words are in the title of this forum: “TexasGUNTALK”.

Apparently some people can't read...

The forum room we are in is OFF TOPIC > POLITICS.

Anybody with the reading comprehension of a 3rd grader and a room temp IQ would know that any gun talk in such a room should be consistent with a political discussion of guns. Therefore, as I wrote, any talk of guns should surround politics or events which have a political component or it's seriously off-topic.

I like off-topic, but you're just being silly here.

That aside, you come into a forum and in short order start telling people how threads should go.... To put it VERY politely, YOU can go _________________ ______________.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom