• ...and so much more!
  • Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    TFBTV made a new video today comparing the 30SC M&P vs the 9mm version. It's a 22 minute jerk off session about how wonderful 30SC is and why everyone should be using it.

So I fired back.

Screenshot from 2022-05-30 19-46-03.png
    Texas SOT

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Pretty much sums it up............

Can't think of anyone here that got excited about it.......or bought one.....

I'm sure a lot of new gun owners were sold on it not knowing any better................

The thought of them wasting primers on the 30SC makes me sad...........

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I've been watching the stores just to see if I can find any on the shelf. Ammo stocks are getting a lot better, but I still haven't seen any 30SC on the shelf yet.

I'm content just reading about them and scavenger hunting for them on the shelf myself.

brashears9567

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 12, 2016
    Me neither. I had seen a thread a while back talking about it, but I had to look it up because I knew nothing about the cartridge.

Ian at forgotten weapons put out a video on 30SC too. Watched it last night. He's a fan. Worth checking out, if you like the forgotten weapons channel. I don't think Ian is paid to promote the caliber. I'll stick with 9mm, but if you want more of analysis of the caliber, it's probably the video to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Ian at forgotten weapons put out a video on 30SC too. Watched it last night. He's a fan. Worth checking out, if you like the forgotten weapons channel. I don't think Ian is paid to promote the caliber. I'll stick with 9mm, but if you want more of analysis of the caliber, it's probably the video to watch.

I do enjoy his videos, but in all honesty, every cartridge will have it's admirers, even if they end up being more of a niche round that never get popular.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

Ian liked it because it's based on an obsolete French round. He really didn't get into its performance or practicality.

I like the concept, but I don't think they did anything that makes it a better choice over 9mm or .380. It doesn't have the effectiveness or versatility of the .327Fed. And they introduced it during an ammo shortage...which killed off cartridges like the .45GAP and nearly offed the .327. In the end, Moonpie had it right....

An answer to a question that no one has asked. Ever.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Ian liked it because it's based on an obsolete French round. He really didn't get into its performance or practicality.

I like the concept, but I don't think they did anything that makes it a better choice over 9mm or .380. It doesn't have the effectiveness or versatility of the .327Fed. And they introduced it during an ammo shortage...which killed off cartridges like the .45GAP and nearly offed the .327. In the end, Moonpie had it right....
    Most won't embrace the 30 SC until Glock brings out a pistol in the cartridge!

brashears9567

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 12, 2016

Yeah, he didn't get into terminal ballistics or anything. More of a side by side comparison to the French. Ian loves anything French. I'd be interested to see TNoutdoors9 do a video, if he hasn't already. He does a pretty good analysis in his videos. I'm still sticking with 9mm. TNoutdoors9 took a very long break but he has put out at least one video in the past year.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    The fact is this caliber is not going to be widely adopted unless law enforcement or the military pick it up. the chances of either of those groups doing that is probably 0.
    The key to a handgun rounds success is not only mil/leo adoption, but commercial viability, 9mm does well in a duty role, and is still economical for the average person to shoot relatively often (even though they may not)

Not many people are going to buy the same gun in 2 different calibers, one in 9mm and the other in a rare, expensive cartridge that has slightly worse performance than 9mm but gives an extra 2-3 rounds.

Top Bottom