Patriot Mobile

Stopped by Texas Guns on Bandera on Tuesday... remembered why I don't go here.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Obama is a Fraud

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Heritage Guns in Cedar Park must have the same employees, ....I entered and went straight to the counter, I find two of the three employees talking to each other, and another just stood with his arms folded...after a few minutes I walked over to the one with folded arms and let him know I needed to drop off a shotgun and a pistol for some gunsmith work that they advertised (re-blueing the shotgun and new sights for the pistol).... he looked to his right and then looked back at me and said; 'we don't do that'.....I am not for sure what they do there, but I won't be back.

Last edited:

Gun Shack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Helotes, TX
    If you are in the area near Texas Guns you should head on out Bandera Road to Helotes and visit us at Gun Shack. If anyone doesn't treat you like a customer should be treated, let me know and I will make sure it doesn't happen again. We try and keep prices in check with Academy and in many cases much lower.

jodster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    San Antonio
    I agree...I went there once when I was around 18 or 19...I asked to see a keltec sub2000. After waiting for 10 to 15mins at the counter, they told me that I was not allowed to touch it since I didn't have a "rifle permit". I told them "are you serious?" and they said "yes, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave." So I left and will never go back there again. This was around the time of the Virginia tech shooting and since I'm asian, they didn't seem too happy that I was there.

Gilgondorin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2012
    San Antonio
    There's a tiny (TINY) little store here in SA that doesn't advertise or anything like that, and exist solely from passing traffic to Bracken range nearby. It was so small we passed it several times because the only way you could tell it was a gun store was by the one sign out front that said "GUNS", and we figured it probably sucked in there. They really don't have much, but the three guys there were friendly enough and I was actually surprised because they had a genuine Bushmaster AR-15 there for about $1,400 (IIRC) last time I checked about a month ago. I've seen poorly built, disreputable, and/or no-name AR-15's going for almost twice than that much online. I'm not an AR person myself, but I think if I had the money to kick around, I would have sprung on it just because I've been wanting one for a few years now.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    There's a tiny (TINY) little store here in SA that doesn't advertise or anything like that, and exist solely from passing traffic to Bracken range nearby. It was so small we passed it several times because the only way you could tell it was a gun store was by the one sign out front that said "GUNS", and we figured it probably sucked in there. They really don't have much, but the three guys there were friendly enough and I was actually surprised because they had a genuine Bushmaster AR-15 there for about $1,400 (IIRC) last time I checked about a month ago. I've seen poorly built, disreputable, and/or no-name AR-15's going for almost twice than that much online. I'm not an AR person myself, but I think if I had the money to kick around, I would have sprung on it just because I've been wanting one for a few years now.

I've been meaning to stop in there. Seen it one night after hours, thanks for reminding me.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone

Are you talking about Nagel's? Their prices are usually pretty mediocre at best. I've also personally seen one of the employees talking about how he sold someone an unsafe pistol.

Any deals there are will usually be found in the junk drawer in the back or in the used pocket pistol section.

tmpqZJNZ4_full.jpeg

WNRB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    TEXAS
    So WTH is with San Antonio?! I keep hearing bad things about shops, ranges, libtard politicians, etc. WTF​

Julián Castro Mayor Demopuke gradguate at Harvard Law School pretty much sums it up. IMHO. (Nothing really wrong going to Harvard just so long as you learn to "THINK FOR YOURSELF!")

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Are you talking about Nagel's? Their prices are usually pretty mediocre at best. I've also personally seen one of the employees talking about how he sold someone an unsafe pistol.

Any deals there are will usually be found in the junk drawer in the back or in the used pocket pistol section.

View attachment 18595

Not Nagels, this is off of 3009. It's actually in Bracken or just right on the outskirts of it.

Jwhughes3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    San Antonio
    I have been to Texas Guns on Bandera many times since its closest to where I live. I took my last CHL class there. Have to agree most of the time customer service is a bit lacking, prices are sky high on limited selection. The range is the most expensive I have ever been to.

I bought from there in past. Won't likely again.

most recent purchases from Dury's and Powderhorn went well. I like inventory of used guns at Nagels, but service there is tough too like being at Academy.

Hoping The Bullet Hole expands their gun inventory soon!

jw

pcnotpc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    San Antonio, Texas

The name of the gun shop is Bracken Guns:

Gun Shop San Antonio | New Guns | Used Guns| Gun Service | FFL Transfers

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Shops gotta remember that times will not always be like this. Hopefully, in a few months all this madness will be over, and many of us will remember how we were treated during the "crisis." Texas Guns wasn't the friendliest place even before all this started, and they've always had a reputation for being overpriced. I can understand it if the place is busy but I've been in there with almost no customers and was still ignored.

There is a lot of competition in the firearms industry, online sales and gun shows directly compete for peoples' hard-earned money. Brick and mortar shops may not have the best prices but they can still retain customer loyalty by treating folks well. When they don't, there really isn't much reason to choose them over the other alternatives. Forgetting that will have serious ramifications down the road...

Gilgondorin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2012
    San Antonio

I don't like Nagel's. Their customer service every time I've called or walked in to the store was lacking, and their prices bite. The older guy (Nagel himself?) doesn't really seem like he wants to help or be there, though I usually get along well enough with the others there. To be honest, I've found better deals on some guns at the Pawnshop about 100 yards down San Pedro, by the drainage ditch.

What junk drawer?

Top Bottom