Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    This is why HIPAA has to be revoked. If you have a serious mental illness we need to be able to verify that before you buy a firearm. It isn't the gun laws that are the problem. It's the Medical privacy laws. If you're fucked up in the head enough you could be a danger to other people that shouldn't be private.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    This is why HIPAA has to be revoked. If you have a serious mental illness we need to be able to verify that before you buy a firearm. It isn't the gun laws that are the problem. It's the Medical privacy laws. If you're fucked up in the head enough you could be a danger to other people that shouldn't be private.
    Nope

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Actually, if I'm not mistaken, HIPAA wouldn't apply if the visit was court ordered by a judge.

That was why they really screwed the pooch on this one.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Nope

You like bureaucratic laws? I didn't realize you were such a big Bill Clinton fan.

You're a statist. See conservatives claim they want less regulation and less government, except when they don't which is most of the time. They're no different than democrats on damn near every issue because they always support more government, more spending, and more military conflicts overseas that aren't our business.

Revoke HIPAA and make people's psychiatric history available to the NICS. Pretty simple. If you're too fucking crazy to own a gun you shouldn't. I know that hurts a lot of people's sensitive feelings here, but if you are an SSRI or an SSNRI you shouldn't be able to own a firearm. EVER.

It's like committing a violent act, it should automatically disqualify you. If you need ANTI PSYCHOTIC medication to be safe in society you shouldn't have the ability to purchase a firearm.

I've been 10000% psychoanalyzed by multiple government and non government agencies for previous jobs and I'm still sitting here with my thumb up my ass waiting for the ATFs approval to take possession of a suppressor that, if I wanted to, I could build in my fucking garage. Meanwhile this jackass threatened to shoot up a school and was able to walk into a gun store in NEW YORK FUCKING STATE and purchase an AR15. Something ain't right here GREG.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    You like bureaucratic laws? I didn't realize you were such a big Bill Clinton fan.

You're a statist. See conservatives claim they want less regulation and less government, except when they don't which is most of the time. They're no different than democrats on damn near every issue because they always support more government, more spending, and more military conflicts overseas that aren't our business.

Revoke HIPAA and make people's psychiatric history available to the NICS. Pretty simple. If you're too fucking crazy to own a gun you shouldn't. I know that hurts a lot of people's sensitive feelings here, but if you are an SSRI or an SSNRI you shouldn't be able to own a firearm. EVER.

It's like committing a violent act, it should automatically disqualify you. If you need ANTI PSYCHOTIC medication to be safe in society you shouldn't have the ability to purchase a firearm.

I've been 10000% psychoanalyzed by multiple government and non government agencies for previous jobs and I'm still sitting here with my thumb up my ass waiting for the ATFs approval to take possession of a suppressor that, if I wanted to, I could build in my fucking garage. Meanwhile this jackass threatened to shoot up a school and was able to walk into a gun store in NEW YORK FUCKING STATE and purchase an AR15. Something ain't right here GREG.
    Revoking HIPAA would just grant more government intrusion into our private lives and business.

One Idea that was floated several years ago, was that they wanted to be able to deny a person based upon what drug prescriptions they were using. And anyone using any type of anti-depressants would be denied because of mental illness. At one point I was prescribed an anti-depressant to help me quit smoking, and if they had been allowed access to my private business, I could have been denied the ability to legally purchase firearms.

And if a person is committed to a mental facility by the courts, by a judge, due process of the law has been served, and those records are Suppose to be updated to NICS. And to the best of my understanding, HIPAA would never apply in such a case.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015

Psycho much?

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Revoking HIPAA would just grant more government intrusion into our private lives and business.

One Idea that was floated several years ago, was that they wanted to be able to deny a person based upon what drug prescriptions they were using. And anyone using any type of anti-depressants would be denied because of mental illness. At one point I was prescribed an anti-depressant to help me quit smoking, and if they had been allowed access to my private business, I could have been denied the ability to legally purchase firearms.

And if a person is committed to a mental facility by the courts, by a judge, due process of the law has been served, and those records are Suppose to be updated to NICS. And to the best of my understanding, HIPAA would never apply in such a case.

If you used an anti psychotic medication to quit smoking I've got some ocean front property in Abilene for you. The studies show that the drugs they were prescribing had a placebo affect and the side affects caused more harm than good. Chantix was one of the drugs (not an anti psychotic) that was hailed as a quit smoking drug. It doesn't work any more than cold turkey (in fact cold turkey has the highest success rate and is how I quit)

If you are stupid enough to take something like lithium or prozac to quit smoking maybe you're too stupid to possess a firearm, I dunno. That's just me.

Only danger to that is when none of us our psychologist, how can we be sure this would be a good idea? Psychologist are just as capable of having an agenda as anyone else.

They don't have the ability to deny you. They only have the ability to report a psychological diagnosis (and it would require proof) it's not a free pass to deny people gun rights. Right now a paranoid schizophrenic can lie on the 4473 and no one is the wiser.

I'm willing to bet my retirement fund (which was nearing 7 figures before the crash) that most of these fuckheads have been on antipsychotics at one point or another. There is a common denominator in these shootings, it's not white supremacy. It's they're mentally fucked up dude.

EDIT -- It's funny to me how many folks on this forum are crying about these drug companies and their complicity with the vaccine thing, but no no their SSRIs and SSNRIs are completely safe and have not increased violence. People are confusing. Interesting, but confusing.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    If you used an anti psychotic medication to quit smoking I've got some ocean front property in Abilene for you. The studies show that the drugs they were prescribing had a placebo affect and the side affects caused more harm than good. Chantix was one of the drugs (not an anti psychotic) that was hailed as a quit smoking drug. It doesn't work any more than cold turkey (in fact cold turkey has the highest success rate and is how I quit)

If you are stupid enough to take something like lithium or prozac to quit smoking maybe you're too stupid to possess a firearm, I dunno. That's just me.

They don't have the ability to deny you. They only have the ability to report a psychological diagnosis (and it would require proof) it's not a free pass to deny people gun rights. Right now a paranoid schizophrenic can lie on the 4473 and no one is the wiser.

I'm willing to bet my retirement fund (which was nearing 7 figures before the crash) that most of these fuckheads have been on antipsychotics at one point or another. There is a common denominator in these shootings, it's not white supremacy. It's they're mentally fucked up dude.
    You are advocating more intrusion into our private lives with this line of thinking.

I'd rather have to deal with one mental case going on a shooting spree than allow more government intrusion into our private affairs.

And if they revoked HIPAA, where will that intrusion stop? Can't put the genie back in the bottle once it's out!

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Yes they are fucked. No difference between this buffalo shooter and the 4chan user who killed his gf in wa state, posted it, and timed it for her kid to come home from school to his nude mom strangled.

I understand points from all sides and don’t have an answer.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019

According to this, whoever evaluated him was obligated under the law to report his intentions and HIPAA doesn't prevent or counter that.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    This, crazy folks being denied a gun via background check and legal purchase, is a moot point unless he bought the gun thru a background check legally. Which he didnt.

ETA APPARENTLY HE DID. STILL DO YOU WANT THE GOOBERMENT IN YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS?

Did he have a documented history of mental issues and on med's for it? I havnt seen that yet so I honestly dont know.

I will also add, probably a waste of time since some people seem to know everything about every subject and love to demonstrate and pound the desk about such knowledge every chance they get...i.e. every phucking post, but being on anti psychotic meds may just be a coincidence not causality here. These mental conditions manifest them selves at this age and some people are just phucked up evil or crazy. Which came first the psychosis or the meds?

IMHO folks are doing the gooberments work for them by handing them clubs to beat our rights into fictional once upon a time stories when they offer up reasons someone shouldnt own a gun and how the gooberment should be able to deny purchase of one. Cause you will get your wish, if you let them, and they will eventually deny all of us the ability to get a gun.

The example of waiting on a silencer makes this clear. As does gun laws in other states. Why would you want them to have more power over this? The only logical end is registration then complete and total control over every gun and when that wont work, cause its impossible to stop evil bastards, door to door confiscation and control. All to protect us from the few crazy evil phucks among us, which will never be achieved.

Evil people do evil shit. The gooberment is among them.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom