ARJ Defense ad

Stumpy is moving to Monument, Colorado this January.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    Dear knuckleheads,

I am moving to Monument, Colorado this coming January to work as a missionary apprentice with Pais Project for 18 months. But that is a whole 'nother story entirely.

I have some questions. What are their gun laws like? Open carry? Carry license? Age to carry? Age to own? Gun registration?
    Is there a cool internet forum for Colorado gun owners?
    Does South Park really exist?
    What does it take to go kill an elk up there?
    What should I know before I go up there? Yall tell me about Colorado.

- Stumpy
    Guns International

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Must draw tags to hunt, but they have millions of acres of BLM land there (public land). In spite of their reputation as a liberal bastion, there are lots of guys like us there. Especially in small towns.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    And, it's friggin gorgeous there. Great fishing too. But watch for: snow, cliffs, bears and cougars.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    And, it's friggin gorgeous there. Great fishing too. But watch for: snow, cliffs, bears and cougars.

He means these:
    wildcat-cougar.jpg

...not these:
    DagmarMidcap1.jpg

Or this:

83-john-cougar-mellencamp.jpg

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Monument is very very nice da internet will keep you close.. I like cougars meowwwwwwwww purrrrr mount one over the fire place!
    Stay out of denver

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Just never tell them you are from Texas, they hate Texans. They blame Texans for all of the summer traffic, and clogging up the winter resorts.
    The Colorado Springs area has a lot to see and do. Yes, I lived in Boulder for a few years before it fell to the liberals from California. I have a friend that still lives there and gets an Elk tag about every other year. It is a bitch packing an Elk out of the sticks, but it will feed a family for year.
    Good luck!

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Debating between a .30-06 or a .308. Will most likely get a Rem700 ADL or a Howa 1500 w/ Hogue stock.

I've got the Howa 1500 with the Hogue stock in .308. If that's the way you decide to go you won't regret it. If you get a weekday off soon we can run out to my buddies ranch north of Pecos and let you stretch it out.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    A Jeep buddy of mine moved up there a few years back, he said he got his CHL in less than two weeks...

It took me longer to get the paperwork filled out, get the cashier's checks, and get my butt down to the sheriff's office than it did to receive my permit after turning in my paperwork.

Plus, as mentioned there's lots of open land to hike, Jeep etc. unlike Texas which is something like 95-98% privately owned and fenced off!

I go up to Colorado Springs for work on occasion, it's a nice area but during the winter it can be cold as heck! If you want a nice, drive up to Pike's Peak; the lack of oxygen makes you feel more drunk than having a few beers. It makes for a really fun drive (and get a rental, as you'll be smoking the brakes coming down!).

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom