• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bryonbush

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Terrell
    sent in my paperwork Nov 11th 2012. called last month and they lost my original trust. had to re send them a copy. no errors at all. when I called them they said I went pending status jan 2013. called today and said I went to approval june 12th. seriously 8+ months for these people to do a service that was paid for. im going to be really pissed off if I go through 6 weeks of having off work, building a home range, and it comes after I go back to work. my wife and I made a baby faster than they can look over and stamp some paperwork. :mad:
    Capitol Armory ad

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    That's nothing. It took them 2 years to get the paperwork on my DIAS in order.

The first year and a half they didn't even look at it.

Just imagine how wonderful our healthcare system will be when it's run by the fedgov death panels. Will only take 6mo - 2 years to get approval for surgery or chemo treatments.

I suspect all those liberal jackasses clamoring for govt run single payer hellscare have never actually dealt with a federal govt agency before.

Last edited:

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    How many people do they have processing these applications? What are the exact steps they have to follow? Based on the number of applications they process and the resources they have allocated, how long SHOULD it take?

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Texas only has 1 examiner her name is Sara Jones. ATF losing stuff happens a lot, last month they lost 60 of my form 4s.

Sent from a creepy ass cracka.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    How many people do they have processing these applications? What are the exact steps they have to follow? Based on the number of applications they process and the resources they have allocated, how long SHOULD it take?

The fastest form 4 I've ever gotten was 34 days back in GWB's first term. That was when NFA Branch first moved to West Virginia and they jettisoned a lot of the Chicago office deadweight. That timeframe would be a nice goal to strive for.

Once upon a time they were pretty fast, everything slowed to molasses after a certain someone seized power.

Last edited:

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I'll bet they got/get paid right on time didn't they.

Nothing "gets lost" it gets throw in the trash. It's much like our POS mail carrier. He drives down the street everyday, in the same crappy vehicle, shoving the same mail in the same box, day after day after day. Our POS shoves mail into one box, drives three houses forward and shoves the rest in that box. Do you think our lovely neighbors get off of their collective fat lazy asses to walk their neighbors mail one house down and help out by putting it into the right box. Oh no I think Libtardily not. It's a thankless job with no upward mobility or much of any way to make more money or earn credit for anything so why bother getting it right. Juuuussst do enough to not get fired and collect the top pay, huge benefit package and a sweet retirement.

Essentially there is zero motivation.

So my guess is that your paperwork, much like our mail, has simply been shoved into some other hole commonly known as a wastepaper basket.

... and YES, this will be the face of our healthcare system in a few short months.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    When stuff gets lost it's almost always at the transition between the bank in Georgia and the ATF office in West Virginia.

The bank is the first place to open the packets and take the checks out then stuff gets jumble up and lost. The 60 forms they lost were in a box of 250

bryonbush

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Terrell
    ive posted a thread on AR15.com about the wait times. the best way to put it is this: IF the GOV delayed food stamps to the amount of people who put in for NFA stuff, there would be riots in the streets. in fact, a few months back, I believe it was FT Worth, food stamps were late by a few days and there was almost a burning of the city. this is a TAX that we willingly pay for and there should be no reason at all why it takes over 3 months to get stuff processed. now the down side. many people believe that we shouldn't bring it up to be changed due to the fact that we don't need to bring attention to the NFA community. So what do we do? ive been reading that others who bought stuff during the panic of 13 that are looking at a years wait.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    ive posted a thread on AR15.com about the wait times. the best way to put it is this: IF the GOV delayed food stamps to the amount of people who put in for NFA stuff, there would be riots in the streets. in fact, a few months back, I believe it was FT Worth, food stamps were late by a few days and there was almost a burning of the city. this is a TAX that we willingly pay for and there should be no reason at all why it takes over 3 months to get stuff processed. now the down side. many people believe that we shouldn't bring it up to be changed due to the fact that we don't need to bring attention to the NFA community. So what do we do? ive been reading that others who bought stuff during the panic of 13 that are looking at a years wait.

So three months is unreasonable in your estimation? How long should it take? What resources does the government have to process these applications. Another poster said Texas had ONE person assigned.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    They can If they want but as a service to our customers we fill all the forms out for them and send them to the ATF.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Man that sucks, im about to send in a form 4 and this is concerning me..

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    Texas only has 1 examiner her name is Sara Jones. ATF losing stuff happens a lot, last month they lost 60 of my form 4s.

Sarah is transferring/transitioning to another position right now, and Jason Bowers, from what I hear, is taking over for her. Last form 4 I sent still has not gone pending 2 months after the check was cashed. The person I talked to in Martinsburg last week said the waits are 9 months now.

Last edited:

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I've had a few form 4s signed by Jason but the last few batches were still Sara. Whoever is running that department need to pull their head out of their ass and get stuff more streamlined. There is no reason why they shouldn't get their budget increased when they are pulling in 15-20 million a year in tax checks.

9 months is unacceptable when it should take 3 months at most. When you think about it all they are really doing is filling out a few lines on a form, signing it, putting a stamp on it, then logging it in.

Last edited:

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    I wouldn't be surprised if things have been intentionally slowed down from somewhere higher up the chain... But it's probably much more likely that the amount of cans people are buying these days has simply overwhelmed the number of people they have to process them. Add to that moving experienced examiners like Sara to other positions, and you have typical bureaucratic charlie foxtrot.

Top Bottom