• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Title say's it all. I was out checking out sub-compacts yesterday, handled the Glock 27 and 30. Although the grip on the 30 was slightly larger, they still feel funny to me. How did you react when actually shooting a pistol (for the first time) with such a vastly different feel to it. I am looking at the 40 and 45 cals, just because that's what ammo I have on hand already.
    Gun Zone Deals

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I own a Glock 19, and I've shot the 26. Frankly, if I'm going smaller than a 19, I'd don't think the 26 would be much more comfortable to carry than the 19. The grip and barrel are a little shorter, but not any thinner. It probably conceals a hair easier, but not much. Maybe it is just me, but if I'm going smaller, I'm also going thinner for a gun that really is easier and more comfortable to carry.

That being said, the 26 is on my list of guns to buy (of course that list isn't exactly a small one).

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I have a S&W 908 9mm sub and its my primary carry.
    I really like it.
    I've shot several and the Glocks are the only one's I don't like.
    They just don't fit my hand very well.
    The Kal-Tecs are hand killers IMO so I would avoid those.
    For a carry piece I want something I shoot a lot and I am very failure with so in a "situation" I and comfortable with the guns workings and POA

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    They don't fit right in my monkey paws. And the Glock 26 isn't much smaller than the 19, just has a slightly shorter grip. I'll take the 19 for my trouble.

MikeN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Allen (Dallas), TX
    Well, like them for what purpose? Fun to shoot? Not so much... easier to carry? Definately :) My typical carry is a Keltec PF-9, which is quite a bit smaller and lighter then my XD40 4" (and for that matter even the 3" subcompact). I also have a P-3AT for the occasionally carry as well.

Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    I've owned a G30 goin on 9 years I really loved that gun until last year when I held a Kimber ultra cdp which
    is now my edc it fits like a glove in my hand

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    I like XD-9 Sub, although I have found more and more I carry my 5 shot 357 snub nose.

The pinkie under the grip is no biggie for me as with my gorilla hands the pinkie is under the grip on my 1911 SA Champion

A_FIVE-O

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    I own the Glock 27 and use to own the Glock 26, hands down the G26 9mm shoots easier on the smaller frame. The pinky finger left behind can be resolved with a Pearce Grip Magazine +1 or +2 extension for $9.99 (see pic below). I however could not get use to the hump on the back of the Glock Sub-Compacts. I also have an issued Glock 22, but the frame is bigger where the hump is not as big and its farther down on your palm. So only one way to resolve that, is a grip reduction from Dale at GripReductions.com Check out pics below:

BTW, for me the Glock 27/26 is still too big to carry in shorts so I carry a Kahr PM9 in the summer.

glock27-500x372.jpg

IMG_2054.jpg

streakpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Well, like them for what purpose? Fun to shoot? Not so much... easier to carry? Definately :) My typical carry is a Keltec PF-9, which is quite a bit smaller and lighter then my XD40 4" (and for that matter even the 3" subcompact). I also have a P-3AT for the occasionally carry as well.

+1 for P-3AT as pocket carry. Much better than a PF-9 since my trigger finger kept releasing the magazine (I shoot left-handed).

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    I have a S & W MP 9c that is dead on accurate and very dependable. It's a great carry gun but the absolutely best carry gun is a snubbie revolver. I have a S & W 442 with Crimson Trace Laser Grips, loaded with +P ammo, and two strip loaders that I often carry. The main reason I consider it a good carry gun is just because it's so light and easy to conceal.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    I have a S & W MP 9c that is dead on accurate and very dependable. It's a great carry gun but the absolutely best carry gun is a snubbie revolver. I have a S & W 442 with Crimson Trace Laser Grips, loaded with +P ammo, and two strip loaders that I often carry. The main reason I consider it a good carry gun is just because it's so light and easy to conceal.

I like the idea of a small revolver too. I was just thinking of 40 or 45's because that is the ammo I already have. I guess I should get out of that mindset, it is limiting my options too much. (and I don't want to cut into my AR savings too much...lol)

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I've tried several sub compacts and for me, none really worked. Kahr PM9, HK P2000SK and G26 all required I dangle my pinky under the grip which just does not allow me to point naturally. And those guns with the mag extensions make them almost as big as a "compact" So, when I need a small weapon, I've settled on a SW J Frame air weight 642. Slightly less fire power than a 9mm, and only 5 rounds but I find it comfortable to carry and shot. I can point shot and hit center of mass out to 15 yards without a problem so I've got confidence in the little revolver. For regular carry when wardrobe permits, a HK P2000 or Commander sized 1911 fills the bill.

642-2.gif

Young Gun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    DFW, TX
    Well, I haven't carried it yet (no CHL) but I got a PF9 yesterday and am confident it will make a great carry gun as far as size and weight go. Even with a grip sleeve installed it should be thin enough for pocket carry. I tried on all my favorite coats and jackets in the house to see which ones best accommodated the gun.

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    I have carried the XD9sc for a couple of years and absolutely love it. Sure it is blocky and a little on the heavy side but conceals great IWB and is so accurate it's hard to not carry it. Kinda got caught up in the .45 mania and now alternate between the 9sc and a Kimber Ultra Carry. About the same weight and size but have to give up bullet capacity with the Ultra. Then there's the XD45c that somehow makes it into the rotation every now and then.

Top Bottom