Target Sports

Sub Teacher fired and arrested for epic beat down of teen who swung on her.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Hypothetical: two hours later the student has the same behavior with female LEO. Female LEO uses lethal force after the first punch is thrown.

Does that change anyone’s opinion?
    Since were making shit up I'll say no because I'll add that she tried to take the officers gun as the officer was down and groggy.

:bring::cowboy:

Just having fun.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The head stomp while satisfying, definitely crossed the line. I'm not saying he didn't deserve it, but she's likely to spend some time in jail over it. Her career in teaching is definitely 100% over.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    If this student was "special needs" and prone to seizures like say punching, then she shouldn't have been in a classnroom like that to start with.

That lawyers statement sounds like something Nancy Pelosi or Chuck Schumer would say

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    If this student was "special needs" and prone to seizures like say punching, then she shouldn't have been in a classnroom like that to start with.

That lawyers statement sounds like something Nancy Pelosi or Chuck Schumer would say

Unfortunately that's not how it works anymore. We've socialized education to the point we're giving the lowest common denominator EVERY benefit and the normal kids and even advanced kids are losing out. They call it "inclusion" and it screws everyone in the classroom. We're slowly delving into the abyss in education. I got out of education, I might go back, the benefits and pay are just too good. Don't EVER let a teacher bitch to you about their career. It was by far the most rewarding when it comes to pension, salary, and time off. They work 187 days a year. Most of us work 250. They get a pension that is 60% of their salary when they retire AND they don't have to pay into the scam that is social security.

@Charlie If you really are an administrator you should tell the whole story. You have more discipline problems now than you did 30 years ago because these kids don't get their asses beat when they challenge authority in the classroom. I've had plenty of teacher friends physically threatened only to have the students put back in the classroom with them. No charges filed, no discipline handed out, and worse the teachers often get told things like: "you're singling out this student" or "you're not maintaining good classroom management." Even worse one of my buddies was accused of being racist. Ironically he's married to a black woman, but our society is so ready to throw out that card in any instance he actually left that district. He's a math teacher they aren't easy to get and keep and they got him to leave and he had a job the next day.

Substitutes are even worse. The students KNOW they won't get any sort of REAL discipline for screwing with a sub. Maybe if these students knew there were some consequences for their actions they wouldn't do shit like this. These students behavior are NOT the exception and you know it. In the DFW area after I was done teaching I would get calls from 6 to 8 districts daily to go sub for them, they pay under 115 dollars a day for a certified teacher with a bachelors degree. Who the hell would do that?

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm

And if they were involved they wrote the statement 3 months before the incident.

The teacher was a traitor who wasnt their teacher and had foreign communist help/collusion to get hired.

AKA the teachers union.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    As an educator, I want to know if the school district is pursuing charges against the student for assaulting a public servant. If not, then every teacher in that district should resign in protest.

And Texas teacher "unions" are not like those in other states. They have slightly less political clout than this online forum. And they are prohibited by law from collective bargaining or calling for strikes. I joined ATPE for the legal protection they offer to fight administration decisions and for hotel discounts. I have no illusions that they influence anything in Austin....and the last few legislative sessions prove that.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Unfortunately that's not how it works anymore. We've socialized education to the point we're giving the lowest common denominator EVERY benefit and the normal kids and even advanced kids are losing out. They call it "inclusion" and it screws everyone in the classroom. We're slowly delving into the abyss in education. I got out of education, I might go back, the benefits and pay are just too good. Don't EVER let a teacher bitch to you about their career. It was by far the most rewarding when it comes to pension, salary, and time off. They work 187 days a year. Most of us work 250. They get a pension that is 60% of their salary when they retire AND they don't have to pay into the scam that is social security.

@Charlie If you really are an administrator you should tell the whole story. You have more discipline problems now than you did 30 years ago because these kids don't get their asses beat when they challenge authority in the classroom. I've had plenty of teacher friends physically threatened only to have the students put back in the classroom with them. No charges filed, no discipline handed out, and worse the teachers often get told things like: "you're singling out this student" or "you're not maintaining good classroom management." Even worse one of my buddies was accused of being racist. Ironically he's married to a black woman, but our society is so ready to throw out that card in any instance he actually left that district. He's a math teacher they aren't easy to get and keep and they got him to leave and he had a job the next day.

Substitutes are even worse. The students KNOW they won't get any sort of REAL discipline for screwing with a sub. Maybe if these students knew there were some consequences for their actions they wouldn't do shit like this. These students behavior are NOT the exception and you know it. In the DFW area after I was done teaching I would get calls from 6 to 8 districts daily to go sub for them, they pay under 115 dollars a day for a certified teacher with a bachelors degree. Who the hell would do that?
    I really "was" and administrator in a high school and a middle school. About 90% of my job most of the time was to make sure the students were safe. I retired almost 12 yrs. ago from a small school district (wonderful to work in!) West of Kerrville. Everybody knew everybody and parents were involved with all the activities. No way would I ever have worked in a large, inner city school. I was fortunate because we had good kids, good parents, and good staff. Physically I was much bigger back then. I worked out with the coaches every afternoon and at that time I was 6'2" tall and weighed 220 lbs. with little body fat. Because of the involvement of the parents and the great staff, we had very few issues with students or parents.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I really "was" and administrator in a high school and a middle school. About 90% of my job most of the time was to make sure the students were safe. I retired almost 12 yrs. ago from a small school district (wonderful to work in!) West of Kerrville. Everybody knew everybody and parents were involved with all the activities. No way would I ever have worked in a large, inner city school. I was fortunate because we had good kids, good parents, and good staff. Physically I was much bigger back then. I worked out with the coaches every afternoon and at that time I was 6'2" tall and weighed 220 lbs. with little body fat. Because of the involvement of the parents and the great staff, we had very few issues with students or parents.
    Two things. #1.Kyle is not a large, inner city school. #2.Guys who're 6'2" & 220-not-fat pounds quite often don't have problems with knuckleheaded students. :evil:

Top Bottom