• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    LW Commander in .45 ACP, shorts, belt, short sleeved fishing shirt from Academy. Pretty much my 11 months of the year gear.

I also carry two spare mags and a knife as well as wallet and phone.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I have a P938 Combat Micro-Compact with an inside the pants carry holster.
    I also have the Glock 43. Both are nice, but the Glock costs considerable less then the Sig.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I don't get the ongoing issues/concerns about carrying during the summer. Even before OC, I hauled around a Springfield XD(M) 5.25" Competition Series .45 without a problem using either a Tucker & Byrd OWB leather holster or an Uncle Mike's neoprene IWB one. "Printing" was never an issue.

Since OC has been allowed (since 1 Jan 2016), I mainly carry the XD(M) in the T&B OWB.

I am not an overly large individual (6'2", 198 lbs), and wear cargo shorts (or occasional tactical kilt) and t-shirts the vast majority of my leisure time.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't get the ongoing issues/concerns about carrying during the summer. Even before OC, I hauled around a Springfield XD(M) 5.25" Competition Series .45 without a problem using either a Tucker & Byrd OWB leather holster or an Uncle Mike's neoprene IWB one. "Printing" was never an issue.

Since OC has been allowed (since 1 Jan 2016), I mainly carry the XD(M) in the T&B OWB.

I am not an overly large individual (6'2", 198 lbs), and wear cargo shorts (or occasional tactical kilt) and t-shirts the vast majority of my leisure time.

Well... It's not really a issue/concern of mine. It's more like I'm new to concealed carry. I'm trying to see what works for others before I go blow money on crap that doesn't work. I'd like to learn from y'all what works and what doesn't. I'm looking for a set-up that's comfortable and doesn't print. I'm trying to get use to something inside my waist band. It seems that appendix is the most comfortable location for me though. Thanks for all the shared info...

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Printing is not an issue. But my shorts don't accommodate a good gun belt (won't fit in belt loops), so OWB carry is not feasible.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

What belt are you using to carry?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    In that case, it would help if you provided more info on your physique, i.e. height, weight, girth, etc. That way it will be a lot easier to recommend what may work for you...

But my point is that many people overstress the issue, concerned about such ridiculous aspects such as "printing" (which wasn't an issue even before open carry).

Your best course-of-action is to go to a place that has a lot of holsters available such as a gun show and see what fits your bill. Usually the vendors at show will have weighted replica pistols that allow you to test who their products feel in use. Otherwise, most recommendations will be specific to the person providing the opinion.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In that case, it would help if you provided more info on your physique, i.e. height, weight, girth, etc. That way it will be a lot easier to recommend what may work for you...

But my point is that many people overstress the issue, concerned about such ridiculous aspects such as "printing" (which wasn't an issue even before open carry).

Your best course-of-action is to go to a place that has a lot of holsters available such as a gun show and see what fits your bill. Usually the vendors at show will have weighted replica pistols that allow you to test who their products feel in use. Otherwise, most recommendations will be specific to the person providing the opinion.

I'm 6'4" 210. I wear 34" pants/shorts. Do ya'll buy your pants bigger to accommodate the IWB carry? I can't wear a belt with my shirt untucked because most belts pull my hair on my stomach and it freakin hurts! the only ones that don't pull are the cloth belts with the double loop.

I guess I'll have to take a trip to a gun store next time I'm in the big city.

Top Bottom