Lynx Defense

Tactical Firearms (Katy, TX) being "forced" out of business?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Savage805

blueberry in tomato soup
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    paradise, ATX
    The guy has had to have made a mint in the last two years. He must have thought the good times (for him) would last forever.
    Lynx Defense

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I heard that there are already a few credit card companies that take a dim view of firearms ...

Yes. See: The McMillan Story | McMillan Merchant Solutions

...if the Obummer administration is pressuring other institutions through back-door deals then we will have bigger issues in the future.

Agreed, fearfully. Anyone with substantiated sources, please post.

I sincerely hope this is just the rant of short-sighted jerk (you feel me Alcede?) and not something with a larger grain of truth...

I haven't dug into it very much because, frankly, Occam's Razor and your hopes lead to the same place.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    OK.

You could start here but it's not really much help; it just demonstrates the general attitude held by many towards the proprietor.

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...oof-jeremy-alcede-tactical-firearms-dbag.html

The store owner cooperated with Piers Morgan at the height of Morgan's efforts to kill off the 2nd Amendment.

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/off-topic-chat/42302-piers-morgan-coming-houston-live-show.html

The same gun store owner is on record as being OK with some gun control. Note in this thread the (unsubstantiated) list of people suing him; I find it interesting.

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/news-articles/42352-more-about-alcede.html

Initially, I think what caused most people to feel that Tactical (as nice a facility as I've heard it is) and its owner are bad for the cause of firearms freedom stems from his alleged willingness to put profit before principle, as outlined and discussed at length here:

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...l-firearms-katy-supports-online-ammo-ban.html

I'm limiting my sources to TGT. A little googling on your part will turn up quite a bit more.
    I did a little googling. C-ya

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Agree with him and his I'll chosen words or not, and if his facts are accurate, this should be a concern to all gun owners and those that believe in unfettered competition.

Sent from an undisclosed location.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    I don't know all the facts but let's just say, for argument's sake, this guy is a jerk with weakened support for true 2A rights. My guess is the authorities selected this guy because they know he has a bad rep... so EVEN WE will support their crucifixion of him.

Think about that for a moment.....

Last edited:

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Never done business with the guy he certainly has an interesting way of earning fans.

Sadly enough that's an accurate word. The guy does have fans. You should have seen the shameful ways they conducted themselves online when guys like me and M. Sage called this dude on his bullshit. Some of them even hid behind (questionable) veteran status to try and act like they are infallible and unquestionable.

They are the absolute worst little-man tactical dorks you'll ever see. Goodbye to TF and its cult of perpetual 13-year-old confrontational know-nothing dickhead queer-gear fanboys.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Sadly enough that's an accurate word. The guy does have fans. You should have seen the shameful ways they conducted themselves online when guys like me and M. Sage called this dude on his bullshit. Some of them even hid behind (questionable) veteran status to try and act like they are infallible and unquestionable.

They are the absolute worst little-man tactical dorks you'll ever see. Goodbye to TF and its cult of perpetual 13-year-old confrontational know-nothing dickhead queer-gear fanboys.

So tell me ... how do you really feel?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...queer-gear...
    I've seen "gear-queers". Outside the tactical arena, I've had that moniker thrown in my direction from time to time.

But "queer-gear"? What's that? Pink plate carriers decorated with rhinestones?

:)

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I've seen "gear-queers". Outside the tactical arena, I've had that moniker thrown in my direction from time to time.

I always understood it to mean some slob who buys all the latest and greatest(aka most expensive) gear available thinking the gear makes him Tier 1.
    Many of them couldn't hit the side of a barn from the inside.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I always understood it...
    Suggest you carefully re-read the order of the words used by London and contrast that with my alternative-order inquiry.

Or maybe I've just always misunderstood. That's certainly possible.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Wonder why Jeremy and his sock-puppets haven't shown up to threaten everyone in this thread yet.

oh, right... The banhammer hit him pretty hard.

i wouldn't be surprised if we see a brand new member pop into this thread using his first posts to defend Alcede and call us all communist liberal nazi facist homo hugging secret democrats.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I don't know how business loans work but I don't see the bank breaking any contract with the business.

I first knew the owner of TF back a couple of weeks after he opened his first store. He may have had a dozen guns in stock.

He was looking at Silencers. I asked if he knew about Silencer Co. He didn't so I pointed him to the website. I also pointed out Sean to them and we talked about trusts.

I got a good sense of him but wasn't vocal about it till he came out on the radio against online ammo sales.

He called me and seemed sorry to have ticked off a bunch of gun folks.

Five gun ranges in TX refused to host Morgan before they found this guy.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I don't seem to share the same "hatred". I have gotten some good deals there. As a business customer, I was always treated fairly. Any disparaging comments that Jeremy has made have been retracted to my satisfaction.

I look at this as the first domino in what is sure to be a long line of closures. Perhaps the banks are testing the waters to see what backlash will emerge.

It is the only place I know that you can rent a F/A suppressed Kriss and shoot to your heart or wallets content.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone

Queer gear is the gear sought after by gear queers. Now say it three times fast!

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Wonder why Jeremy and his sock-puppets haven't shown up to threaten everyone in this thread yet.

oh, right... The banhammer hit him pretty hard.

i wouldn't be surprised if we see a brand new member pop into this thread using his first posts to defend Alcede and call us all communist liberal nazi facist homo hugging secret democrats.

I guess i missed something....

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I will bet TF has 500 cans waiting on tax stamps. I wonder what will happen to them. When I picked up my last one, they were delivering 30 that week.

Top Bottom