• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 91wm6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2012
    San Antonio
    A few days ago I received an inquiry from a gentleman regarding a shotgun I had listed on Tx gun trader. We exchanged 5 or 6 emails and he was very interested, so he asked me to call him. We spoke on the phone for a good 10-15 minutes, and the guy sounded normal, asked the usual questions about round count, condition, etc. and we agreed on a price and arranged to meet later that day. He called a few hours later and we agreed to meet at a local shopping center parking lot. Just before we hung up he says, " You don't mind taking a check do you?". I told him it would have to be cash, and he started explaining how the bank was far away, and it would take time to get the cash, didn't think he could make it today, etc(It was only 400 bucks so he could have hit the atm). I basically just said "Okay no problem, give me a call later if you get the cash". I didn't really expect to hear from him again, and I never did... Have any members here been brave(or dumb) enough to accept a check for a ftf firearms transaction? How did it work out for you?
    Gun Zone Deals

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Not no, but helll no!

Too easy to pull a fast one on you, pretty much I only see old people writing checks anymore. If he doesn't seem to be late 50's or older, I'd say it stinks to high heaven.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I don't take checks for anything from anyone. I'm a businessman and have burned too many times before. Cash or a card (with matching photo ID) only. USPS money order only if by mail.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I wouldn't take a check from my own grandmother. In my eyes its about as valid a currency as Monopoly money.

Cash only. Not even a money order or anything like that...dead presidents win this one.

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I wouldn't take a check from my own grandmother. In my eyes its about as valid a currency as Monopoly money.

Cash only. Not even a money order or anything like that...dead presidents win this one.

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

Yep.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    No. Nyet. Non. Nunca. NO!

Friend of mine left a motorcycle for consignment sale at a dealer. They sold it. Guy paid with a check, rode off, and apparently went straight to the bank to issue a 'stop payment'. Check bounced. They got his bike back, but it had been "ridden like they stole it" in the intervening time it took to recover it. Guy played it for as long as he could. Took months to get things sorted out.

I'd just say "DANGER! DANGER Will Robinson!"

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    Now that we all seem to have come down on the same side you did. How about letting us know who he was.. I am sure that many of us post on both TGT and TGT so not wasting our time with someone who just strings you along would be of benefit to us all. Also, if he were to contact me regarding anything I was selling I would respond letting him know that others had warned me that he is unable to make a cash payment and therefore is not in any way shape or form wasting my time.

Possibly if enough people are on to him he will move to another place

Top Bottom