• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OldPhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    That's awesome!
    It scares me that only 3% of high school students can pass.
    I'm sure that number was much much better before the formation of the Department of Education. Since it's formation, Civics, as it was called back then has taken a back seat to communist doctrine. I graduated High School in 1969; my daughter in 2001. She was taught almost nothing about US History and zero about how the government is supposed to function. My hardest job was to convince her her teacher was wrong.
    Venture Surplus ad

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I'm sure that number was much much better before the formation of the Department of Education. Since it's formation, Civics, as it was called back then has taken a back seat to communist doctrine. I graduated High School in 1969; my daughter in 2001. She was taught almost nothing about US History and zero about how the government is supposed to function. My hardest job was to convince her her teacher was wrong.
    Yep. If you ever watch those "let's ask the man on the street" spots, most folks can't tell you who the prez or VP are.

Then again, maybe it's a protection mechanism?

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

Civics hasn't taken a back seat. It's been left by the side of the road. The less the general public knows about how things are supposed to work, the fewer complaints they'll raise over what's being done.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Civics hasn't taken a back seat. It's been left by the side of the road. The less the general public knows about how things are supposed to work, the fewer complaints they'll raise over what's being done.
    True dat.

And there really is no reason to bother them with that pesky Constitution - the list of their enumerated rights.

festering

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    sw houston
    ff.jpg

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

I got 90.

I was always told that Madison & Adams wrote the Constitution, with help from Jefferson, who was in Europe-France at the time.

James Madison is often referred to as the “father of the Constitution.” Madison was a delegate from Virginia, and he played a major role in drafting. . . . “​

I didn’t see Madison as a choice ?

<>

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    <>

I got 90.

I was always told that Madison & Adams wrote the Constitution, with help from Jefferson, who was in Europe-France at the time.

James Madison is often referred to as the “father of the Constitution.” Madison was a delegate from Virginia, and he played a major role in drafting. . . . “​

I didn’t see Madison as a choice ?

<>
    There’s your issue. The question asked who wrote the Declaration of Independence. .

Top Bottom