• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Yes, yes. Forced patriotism - that will cure the nation of what ails it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How can you force someone to be patriotic? You can't as it comes from within, a state of mind.

No, this is ensuring they are not disrespecting the flag and those who died for it as the rules for the NFL clearly state. Also as a part/condition of the employment contract you signed that directs your behavior by saying you're to avoid shitting on your employer by your actions while in uniform.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Yes, yes. Forced patriotism - that will cure the nation of what ails it.

If they are getting paid to be there, then they have to play by his rules. Nothing illegal about requiring players to stand during the National Anthem, so if the players don't like it, then they can go get jobs at Taco Bell instead!

Plus, you are ignoring the fact that it is showing respect for the country and the owner's wishes. I agree it shouldn't be forced, but when children act like whiny little brats, sometimes a little discipline is necessary...

gaines67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2018
    Park City
    How can you force someone to be patriotic? You can't as it comes from within, a state of mind.

No, this is ensuring they are not disrespecting the flag and those who died for it as the rules for the NFL clearly state. Also as a part/condition of the employment contract you signed that directs your behavior by saying you're to avoid shitting on your employer by your actions while in uniform.

I never said they couldn’t set rules requiring them to stand, I’m expressing my opinion that it’s bad policy and is not consistent with the freedom that the flag stands for. I support the freedom to sit while the national anthem is played, just like I support the freedom to own and carry a firearm.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2018
    US
    I'm bot goung to disagree with your argument that it is their freedom to sit. However what does it hurt to stand and show respect for the freedoms that flag AND those who served and in some case died for represent?
    I never said they couldn’t set rules requiring them to stand, I’m expressing my opinion that it’s bad policy and is not consistent with the freedom that the flag stands for. I support the freedom to sit while the national anthem is played, just like I support the freedom to own and carry a firearm.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

gaines67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2018
    Park City
    I'm bot goung to disagree with your argument that it is their freedom to sit. However what does it hurt to stand and show respect for the freedoms that flag AND those who served and in some case died for represent?

It doesn’t hurt anything and it has been something I do with pride each and every time I have the opportunity. That said, why must we, supporters of providing maximum freedom to our fellow countryman, so focused on forcing a fellow citizen who feels differently, to act in a certain way, i.e. you must respect this flag. There is a joke that “consistency is the hallmark of small minds”, but how about some consistency. Either you are for freedom of expression or you aren’t. I fear that this country has devolved to the point that people are for freedom of their own expression, but not those of others if they disagree with the message.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2018
    US
    It doesn’t hurt anything and it has been something I do with pride each and every time I have the opportunity. That said, why must we, supporters of providing maximum freedom to our fellow countryman, so focused on forcing a fellow citizen who feels differently, to act in a certain way, i.e. you must respect this flag. There is a joke that “consistency is the hallmark of small minds”, but how about some consistency. Either you are for freedom of expression or you aren’t. I fear that this country has devolved to the point that people are for freedom of their own expression, but not those of others if they disagree with the message.

So by reading that I guess you're all for abortion. What about the freedoms of those 50 million aborted babied? You also have the freedom of speech but you can't yell fire in a theater or bomb in an airport. Their has to be guidelines with freedoms or you have anarchy.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Let’s say you drive a company owned vehicle for work and they have a policy about political bumper stickers but you want to put your Bernie sticker on , are they restricting your 1st Amendment Rights?
    You can go ahead an put it on, but you also are putting your job in jeopardy

Same thing with the punk assed, over paid, wife beating, BLM, NFL players who protest the national anthem, US Flag and Military of which I am a veteran.

Last edited:

lbbf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2017
    Lake Jackson
    Not about freedom. It's about your job. You are free to take a knee, stay seated, what ever... when your are in the stands or watching from where ever, but if you are at work you must follow the rules of your job. If you don't like the rules where you work you are free to find another job.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    “Our policy is you stand during the anthem, toe on the line,” Jones said”
    a9f9d616986ad686f36c56aa4ebd4680.jpg

It’s my freedom to not watch the NFL any longer. Guys making two million dollars a year (& more) are free to express their opinions... just not on “company time”.

And when the “company” endorses something I don’t agree with, my wallet and I go elsewhere.

Last edited:

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio

This is the argument made by people who don't understand the constitution or employment contracts. There is no first amendment issue in making them stand. They are on the clock. They will do as told or find another job.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I’m expressing my opinion that it’s bad policy...
    Why would you think it’s bad policy? Professional football is a business. Businesses are in business to make money. If through an action (either omission or commission), that action started costing your company, money - wouldn’t you take steps to correct it? The NFL is in the “entertainment business” and as such, it relies on the fickle whims of its audience. If the objective is for the NFL to continue to make enormous profits, they have absolutely got to keep their audience happy (period).

It’s just like Hollywood entertainers espousing their beliefs on ‘gun control’ - we don’t pay them to be our political policy makers; we pay them to entertain us through their acting abilities. And when they start ranting about their own personal views on societal issues, they do so at the risk of alienating half their audience. Their call.... but it’s gona cost ‘em (just like the NFL).

gaines67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2018
    Park City
    Somebody is confusing Freedom with Respect. The freedom to not show respect for the flag was purchased by the blood of our forefathers. At least respect their contribution and honor their memory.

I think it is a bad idea to attempt to force respect either by employment contract or otherwise. I also think it’s ineffective. I do agree that much blood has been spilled by American patriots to ensure we have the freedom to respect or disrespect whatever we choose.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The NFL is a business and the players are employees of that business. The NFL has a policy for standing, helmet in hand. An employee can be reprimanded or fired for not following policy. Don't confuse freedom of speech with a business's policy. You won't go to jail for using free speech as an employee, but you could be reprimanded or fired for doing so if it is against policy. Fans (customers) are not bound by those policies, unless there are rules set forth for attendance.

IMO the NFL should have stuck by those policies in favor of not offending their customers.

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI

Do they (as employees) have the “freedom” to wear jerseys that say “Jerry’s a jerk”?

What about saying “kiss my ass coach”?

Freedom of speech to be disrespectful to your boss/employer? Wow, interesting world you live in.

Hate to tell you, your “freedom” to carry a firearm can be taken away (contractually) by your employer too.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The first problem that I have with the kneeling is that it is based on a false narrative (i.e., black lives matter movement). And other ways exist to promote their "cause" that would be less offensive.

Those who disagree with the kneeling need to do two things: don't send any money the NFL's way; speak out in a positive manner.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    They can stand all they want, or not, I still won't watch them. It is about viewers and money and not about respect. JJ know the issue was costing them $.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The first problem that I have with the kneeling is that it is based on a false narrative (i.e., black lives matter movement). And other ways exist to promote their "cause" that would be less offensive.

Those who disagree with the kneeling need to do two things: don't send any money the NFL's way; speak out in a positive manner.
    Exactly what I did. I was an avid fan, although Seahawks. I haven't bought any NFL products or even watched an NFL game since they started kneeling.

Although I did buy a tee shirt that says "I Don't Kneel".

Top Bottom