• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2018
    US
    What amazes me is the big difference between MLB and the NFL. MLB shows their patriotism by standing for the National Anthem and singing God Bless America. Even though a large percentage of them are from other countries they still show respect for the country which has given them such a great opportunity. The NFL, primarily US citizens show no respect. For the most part, they are a bunch of whiny, spoiled, entitled, ignorant uneducated assholes, not all, but enough where I won't support them anymore. If they think it's so bad here, send their asses to some 3rd world shithole for a few years so they can see just how good they've got it making millions playing a freaking game. Better yet. Put some camo on them, send them to a war zone with an M16 to defend the flag they show so much disrespect for and pay them $30,000.00 a year to risk their sorry asses defending this country. Maybe then they'd show more respect. I'm beginning to think ending the draft was a bad thing. At least with the draft young men learned teamwork and patriotism. Now all they learn is me, me, me. What do I get. The hell with everyone else, the hell with my team mates, I'm just worrying about me
    Rant Over!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    ARJ Defense ad

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    It aint forced they can always quit and move on to where they can protest on there time not on the fans dime.

Yes, yes. Forced patriotism - that will cure the nation of what ails it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Sam7sf, don’t be so hard on Colin Kaepernick. He has a job.

You just need to let him know if you want fries with that.

He received $39 million of his $126 million contract.

He’s not hurting for money.

He was also adopted by an upper middle class white family when he was 5 weeks old.

He’s a social justice warrior who’s had no experience with the social injustices he ranted about.

Most accounts say he became a SJW when he got involved with his girlfriend, Egyptian-born SJW and radio personality Nessa Diab.

It was her meddling that caused the Baltimore Ravens to rescind their contract offer to Kap...implying that your man’s future employer are slave owners tends to do that .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I’m expressing my opinion that it’s bad policy and is not consistent with the freedom that the flag stands for. I support the freedom to sit while the national anthem is played, just like I support the freedom to own and carry a firearm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get what you're saying. I certainly have an issue with players not standing for the anthem, because during game time it's their job to stand.

On a side note, the flag didnt represent freedom for everyone for a very very long time. When I see the flag it's a reminder of the dark part of our history just as much as the good part that we now enjoy. We seem to forget that.

America fucked over the natives, the Africans force to come here, the Chinese and the (insert favorite immigrant minority ethnic group here) to be what she is today. Francis Scott Key didn't have those folks in mind when he wrote the poem that would become our national anthem.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Pronstar,
    Yep, knew all that. (My posting was meant as a joke - but I guess if that has to be explained, maybe it wasn’t as funny as intended).

Seattle was going to invite him for tryouts but when he wouldn’t answer their questions about kneeling, they decided to forego the offer. (He still hasn’t learned). He’s got a pending lawsuit against the league’s owners for collusion (...with Russia....or something).

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    meh
    afcf35bf1cbb4fbe85a8e3aca60fa42b.jpg

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2018
    US
    I get what you're saying. I certainly have an issue with players not standing for the anthem, because during game time it's their job to stand.

On a side note, the flag didnt represent freedom for everyone for a very very long time. When I see the flag it's a reminder of the dark part of our history just as much as the good part that we now enjoy. We seem to forget that.

America fucked over the natives, the Africans force to come here, the Chinese and the (insert favorite immigrant minority ethnic group here) to be what she is today. Francis Scott Key didn't have those folks in mind when he wrote the poem that would become our national anthem.

Now lets put things in context. Slave trade and world conquest were accepted practices 150 years or more ago. African and Chinese slaves could not have been bought if their fellow countrymen weren't selling. It is just as much the fault of their countryman whether it was African, Chinese, or whatever for selling them.
    It was not my generation or 3 or 4 generations before me that had any part in these atrocities so why are they protesting me and my generation? Because I'm a white male? Let's learn from the past, avoid making the same mistakes. As I see it, it is the white male that's discriminated against now. There are no special exceptions for me like there are for minorities. The government keeps saying don't judge by race creed or color yet they ask it on every government document? Why? Because they want to make sure their quotas are strictly adhered to. If they can keep us divided on these lines it keeps us fighting amongst ourselves and makes it easier for the different government factions to compete for our support. If they truly want to end racism quit asking.
    "United We Stand, Divided We Fall" comes to mind here.
    As for the American Indian, yup, they got screwed royally. Once again though, it was many generations before mine that did this. If the American Indian today wants to join into the American Society we live in, nothing is stopping them. Those that live on reservation today do so because they choose to, not because they have to.
    Yes, this country did plenty of bad things in the past but if we don't learn from that past, we are doomed to repeat it. It's time to quit making excuses and move forward together.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Funny how no one gives a shit when people lose many of their rights when they join the military, but we're supposed to shed a tear for these clowns because they can't make political statements while in uniform. Funny, that same right is removed when you're in the military as well; but it gets worse because you get sent overseas away from your family for months or years at a time to places where certain individuals are trying to kill you. These poor "oppressed" NFL players can only retreat to their multi-million dollar mansions and seek sanctuary in their saunas and hot tubs.

But Goodell could care less, despite less people watching the NFL their profits increased in 2017 to $14 billion! That’s a $6 billion increase from 2010, so the league is laughing all the way to the bank. They don't care about this country, its flag or any of its other institutions; it's all about how much money they can separate from the fools who worship the game like a religion. Heck, for some it's even more than a religion.

Forget 'em...

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE

"AMERICA" didn't fûck over anyone. Slaves weren't imported by the nation, but by merchants and businessmen. It was a fûcked up system and we're ALL glad it's long gone. No one alive today, no one's parents alive today, and no one's grandparents alive today lived under chattel slavery. So get the fûck over it, move on, and stand for the national anthem and flag.

Last edited:

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Now lets put things in context. Slave trade and world conquest were accepted practices 150 years or more ago. African and Chinese slaves could not have been bought if their fellow countrymen weren't selling. It is just as much the fault of their countryman whether it was African, Chinese, or whatever for selling them.
    It was not my generation or 3 or 4 generations before me that had any part in these atrocities so why are they protesting me and my generation? Because I'm a white male? Let's learn from the past, avoid making the same mistakes. As I see it, it is the white male that's discriminated against now. There are no special exceptions for me like there are for minorities. The government keeps saying don't judge by race creed or color yet they ask it on every government document? Why? Because they want to make sure their quotas are strictly adhered to. If they can keep us divided on these lines it keeps us fighting amongst ourselves and makes it easier for the different government factions to compete for our support. If they truly want to end racism quit asking.
    "United We Stand, Divided We Fall" comes to mind here.
    As for the American Indian, yup, they got screwed royally. Once again though, it was many generations before mine that did this. If the American Indian today wants to join into the American Society we live in, nothing is stopping them. Those that live on reservation today do so because they choose to, not because they have to.
    Yes, this country did plenty of bad things in the past but if we don't learn from that past, we are doomed to repeat it. It's time to quit making excuses and move forward together.

Not to drift too far off the topic, I'll only address a few things. Slavery was only an accepted practice by those that did the enslaving. The spread of slavery to western territories was one of the key causes of the Civil War, so obviously slavery was a hot button issue back then and not simply an accepted practice.

Yeah their countrymen might have assisted in the slave trade but that doesn't take away from the situation. I would imagine the Africans that did assist didn't have the means to build ships and have the resources to have a logistical network capable of transporting millions of people around the world for over 200 years. This is where you get into blaming the victims. Blaming Africans for the slave trade is a bunk argument.

I'm not blaming people living today for what happened hundreds of years ago. What I'm saying is to understand the historical reasoning for why some might choose to not publicly celebrate the US flag or the national anthem. People love to say well that's all in the past, let it be. If that's the case why celebrate any national holiday or even study American history.

It's not a standpoint I agree with on all fronts but I can understand why people have the feelings they have about the issue.

If (and that's a big if) white people are the targets of discrimination today then where do minorities fit into that picture? Its comical to say that a system of discrimination that was designed and implemented by white has backfired on them and now they're the victims. It makes no sense.

Minorities dont run the government or Wall Street or the educational system or any other institution where racism can be enacted. If whites are being discriminated against today then truthfully they have to look at their own people. Affirmative action was simply a response to right past wrongs and give minorities a fair shake (supposedly) at opportunities that had been historically denied to them like housing, business opportunities and education. Whether it's still applicable today is a topic for debate and should be the topic of a separate thread.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Yep, but they reap the rewards bestowed upon them by being an American by birth..........too bad they don't appreciate that fact they could have been born in a crap country....something I'm thankful for every day....

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    There have been atrocities in every country if you go back far enough. I have blood from several nationalities, even native American , but I was born American. You can't hold people that had no say in the matter for those things that happened in the past, and it's even more ridiculous to hold people responsible based on the pigment of their skin.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Much of that profit will begin to evaporate once the product advertisers put two & two together and figure out their TV viewership isn’t as large as the NFL claims. I expected there to be a significant “lag time” in recognition of loss of viewership. Long term, it’s going to depend if the so called boycott holds up.

I think many of the owners began to get a little nervous last year when photos were put on the internet showing all the empty stadium seats. Whether stadium seats stay empty (or not) will be an early bellwether sign as to television viewership numbers too.

I’m not sure how that’s going to turn out - many of my friends have given up on the NFL permanently. I think it’s worrisome to the NFL as evidenced by this year’s early attempt at mandating a solution: If outside, then they must stand respectfully; otherwise, they have to stay inside the locker room. I actually thought that maybe was a good solution for those “owners” who are cuckolds and no longer have any balls. As a side benefit, the customers of the NFL could easily tell which games [teams] they want to boycott. The teams would reap what they sowed.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom