• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    This has nothing to do with the national anthem or the flag. It has to do with their perception of injustice and the fact that they are on national tv so they can show it off to the whole world.
    And people that stop watching the NFL because of it has nothing to do with "their cause", but because of their disrespect to the flag and the national anthem, and thus America... and THAT is the problem, they don't know how to reach people... unless they just want to punish their employer, and get their contracts reduced... good job.

I put "their cause" in quotes, because I call this LACKtivism... as professional athletes earning millions of dollars this is LITERALLY the LEAST they can do. I'm sure if they took time out of their self-absorbed lives funded by the very fans they are alienating, they could find ways to help "their cause"... if they even have the first clue how to fix it.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Depends on the person. When they force me to participate in "their cause" It makes me want to say kiss my rear. I don't watch Pro Sports for political statements.

I also could care less how an actor feels about something.

Dinoble1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Maybe a silly suggestion.

I feel it is disrespectful for the NFL players to protest during the national anthem.

I also believe they have a right to voice their opinions.

Why can’t there be some compromise here. Why not allow the players to line up on the 50 yard line for a minute of protest prior to the playing of the national anthem.

Afterwards they can join the rest of their teammates and stand for the anthem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

The "protestors" of the NFL should be glad that I'm not (& won't ever be) the NFL Commissioner, as I would "set a date certain" after which any player who fails to stand respectfully for our flag & anthem would be suspended W/O pay for 2 games for the first offense, 5 games W/O pay for the second offense & FOREVER for any offense against the USA thereafter.

There is NO Constitutional RIGHT to protest anything at your place of employment, if the employer says: NO.

yours, satx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2018
    US
    You would be easier on them than I would. As an employer I have found that when hiring people it's best to have them sign that they have read and understand their conditions for employment. They also understand that ANY infractions to these conditions could result in immediate termination.
    To All,

The "protestors" of the NFL should be glad that I'm not (& won't ever be) the NFL Commissioner, as I would "set a date certain" after which any player who fails to stand respectfully for our flag & anthem would be suspended W/O pay for 2 games for the first offense, 5 games W/O pay for the second offense & FOREVER for any offense against the USA thereafter.

There is NO Constitutional RIGHT to protest anything at your place of employment, if the employer says: NO.

yours, satx

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    This is not about 1st amendment rights, nobody that follows the constitution is going to tell them they can't exercise their rights. It's about a business that doesn't follow it's policy. A business stays in business by giving the customer what they want. An employee follows that example in order to produce that outcome. If a business allows an employees needs over the customers needs they lose customers.

The NFL business lost this customer.

Dinoble1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Realistically, the NFL’s customers are split on this arguement as well. So forcing the players to conform or penalizing them will also alienate some customers. That’s a win - lose for the business.

The NFL does a pretty good job of voluntarily supporting a variety of causes endorsed by some players. Why not recognize the ‘social injustice’ (or some other designation) cause these players support? Give them a platform so they have no excuse to disrespect the anthem.

Sometimes a business needs a creative compromise to to survive. The current situation is only polarizing the players, the fans, and the country.

The players and the NFL need to talk and listen to each other and find a workable compromise or else they will both kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2018
    US
    Realistically, the NFL’s customers are split on this arguement as well. So forcing the players to conform or penalizing them will also alienate some customers. That’s a win - lose for the business.

The NFL does a pretty good job of voluntarily supporting a variety of causes endorsed by some players. Why not recognize the ‘social injustice’ (or some other designation) cause these players support? Give them a platform so they have no excuse to disrespect the anthem.

Sometimes a business needs a creative compromise to to survive. The current situation is only polarizing the players, the fans, and the country.

The players and the NFL need to talk and listen to each other and find a workable compromise or else they will both kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

I don't think they are as split as you think. MLB requires it's players to stand for the National Anthem and their viewership is increasing. The MAJORITY of those spending their money supporting major league sports are patriotic americans. I think it would be wise for all major league sports to cater to that crowd first as like I said, it's the majority. There is no harm to showing respect for the flag and those who have chosen to defend the freedoms that flag represents.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

I bet you're in favor of political correctness too. What anyone does on their own time IMO is their own business, as long as it doesn't encroach on anyone else's rights. If the NFL want's their employees to practice something that many current or would be customers find offensive, fine, I will never be a part of it, and then they can fly a swastika flag for all I care. The NFL can do whatever they want, inside the law, but if they want the fan base they once had, then they have to consider the customers need over the employees, and as far as I last heard nobody is enslaved to the NFL.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    You would not like my compromise. I don't care why, if they don't stand, **** them. Period.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Dinoble1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2016
    Southeast FL
    I’m not arguing for either side. I would just hope a solution can be worked out
    As for political correctness - suffice to say you would lose the bet.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2018
    US
    As far as I'm concerned, it is worked out. Do as your employer requires within the law, or seek employment elsewhere. I still hear my father when I was young boy. He said, son, this country offers more freedoms than any other country on earth. It also offers you the freedom to leave if you don't like the great nation you're so lucky to live in.
    I’m not arguing for either side. I would just hope a solution can be worked out

Dinoble1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2016
    Southeast FL

IMO the current confrontational actions of both the players and the NFL is not solving the problem.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX

IMO the current confrontational actions of both the players and the NFL is not solving the problem.
    what problem do you think they'll solve? They play a game for a living, and act like spoiled children when not "working"... and then there are the players.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2018
    US

And that's exactly what most here are trying to say. If you don't like the conditions of your employment, move on down the road to an employer that places conditions you agree with. If there are no such employers, they are free to start their own league and not even play the national anthem if that's what they want. Bet they won't do that though because they know they wouldn't get the support to be able to make millions like they are earning now.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    "AMERICA" didn't fûck over anyone. Slaves weren't imported by the nation, but by merchants and businessmen. It was a fûcked up system and we're ALL glad it's long gone. No one alive today, no one's parents alive today, and no one's grandparents alive today lived under chattel slavery. So get the fûck over it, move on, and stand for the national anthem and flag.

Not quite true. Slavery is alive and well in Africa and the Middle East.

There are people here in the US right now who's parents or grandparents were slaves in those areas.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I hate when I hear things like America did this and America done this. America implies "every American". It was a very small percentage of Americans that bought and owned slaves. Most people, Americans, in the era of slavery didn't have anything to do with slavery. It was many more Americans that ended slavery in America. It's the leftist narrative that places the blame on all white Americans for slavery, when in fact the vast majority of white Americans was either against or indifferent to slavery. Certainly there were black activists against slavery at that time, but they couldn't have ended it on their own. America had slavery? Yes, but Americans also ended slavery in America.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    You really should not tell the truth about the matter. Its way more important to make a good story.

I hate when I hear things like America did this and America done this. America implies "every American". It was a very small percentage of Americans that bought and owned slaves. Most people, Americans, in the era of slavery didn't have anything to do with slavery. It was many more Americans that ended slavery in America. It's the leftist narrative that places the blame on all white Americans for slavery, when in fact the vast majority of white Americans was either against or indifferent to slavery. Certainly there were black activists against slavery at that time, but they couldn't have ended it on their own. America had slavery? Yes, but Americans also ended slavery in America.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    This has nothing to do with the national anthem or the flag. It has to do with their perception of injustice and the fact that they are on national tv so they can show it off to the whole world.
    They don't understand the difference between doing something that LOOKS like they're doing something vs. doing something that actually accomplished something. Their "protest" is taking the easy way out and means they don't need to actually do anything substantial. If they gave two shîts about whatever their issue du jour might be, they'd work towards a solution on their own time on their own dime and use their celebrity to make a difference.

Top Bottom