• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    At a big box retailer today and the young man behind the counter was saying that the military and police only use 9mm because they don't want to kill people and the police have made the choice of 9mm to put folks in jail not kill them to make more money.

"So let me get this straight." I said. "The military and police are given less effective ammunition, risking their and the public's life, so they can throw more folks in jail and get more money?"

He choked a bit but still said "yes".
    Target Sports

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Because prisons are a huge source of income ?

Better believe it. The privatization of correctional facilities is BIG money with lots of powerful lobbyists. But this clerk is still an idiot. The use of 9mm by law enforcement has nothing to do with the prison lobby. These gun store employees make me wonder how they can survive without their tinfoil hats.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Better believe it. The privatization of correctional facilities is BIG money with lots of powerful lobbyists. But this clerk is still an idiot. The use of 9mm by law enforcement has nothing to do with the prison lobby. These gun store employees make me wonder how they can survive without their tinfoil hats.

I've known of private funded prisons but ddidn't realize there was a lobby for it, either way it makes no sense for any municipality to use ammo that would put more folks in prison for the income, it would still cost them money to pay for the inmate to be there.

Not sure why I even went through that, sorry.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    In my CHL classes I am amazed at what people say they think about these topics.

Same when people claim traffic tickets are about revenue, when in reality for most most cities (I have researched many) ALL fines from ALL tickets (traffic, code enforcement, fire dept, etc,) amount to less than 1% to less than 5% of all city revenue. Much less than it takes to staff and operate those divisions and people enforcing.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I've known of private funded prisons but ddidn't realize there was a lobby for it, either way it makes no sense for any municipality to use ammo that would put more folks in prison for the income, it would still cost them money to pay for the inmate to be there.

I 100% agree with you. I was just saying that there are people who get rich off incarcerating people. The state/LEO/etc have to pay for these dirt bags. In China, they shoot them and bill the family for the bullet.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    At a big box retailer today and the young man behind the counter was saying that the military and police only use 9mm because they don't want to kill people and the police have made the choice of 9mm to put folks in jail not kill them to make more money.

"So let me get this straight." I said. "The military and police are given less effective ammunition, risking their and the public's life, so they can throw more folks in jail and get more money?"

He choked a bit but still said "yes".

Well, I'm glad someone finally had the courage to speak the plain truth. That clerk should be commended, if the black helicopters don't get him first.
    I still remember like it was yesterday when those black choppers swooped out of the sky, descending into the woods behind my fortified bunker that I had just finished building with Jesse Ventura.
    Those guys came at us so fast, my ninja boots were completely ineffective against them! Jesse fought off several of them until one of them knocked him out after repeatedly hitting him in the head with his blue UN helmet.
    The next thing I remember was being in some dark room with concrete walls. They were interrogating us! We had saved up WAY too much canned food and potable water. They were on to us, they said. They then proceeded to inform us that all our gold that we were hoarding had been "redistributed" to the Hillary Clinton presidential election campaign. This was in the mid 90's, and she was just the first lady then, so I didn't think they were serious. Looking back now though... Man. They had that shit planned for some time!
    Afterwards, a young black man that I would later recognize as our 44th President came in, strapped us in our chairs, and began showing us re-education films. We were forced to watch their NWO garbage for hours. I never cried so hard in my life! Jesse too...
    At some point, the both of us passed out. I awoke in my own yard and learned that I had been missing for over a week. I was worried about Jesse, so I called him, but was told that he had no idea who I was. The bastards had succeeded in reprogramming him! I cried some more!

I guess I've gotten a bit off point, but I wanted to tell you all that "they" are indeed arming our police and soldiers with those tiny, ineffective 9mm bullets so anyone they shoot will live a long life, and they can incarcerate them and make even more money, while their new inmates make license plates. Have you ever considered how profitable the license plate business is? I'm tellin' ya! This is just the tip of the iceberg!

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I was just saying that there are people who get rich off incarcerating people. The state/LEO/etc have to pay for these dirt bags.

Pretty sure the only profit to be made is by the private prison opeators, maybe lobbyists also. Muni's/LEO do not PAY for prisoner upkeep, just the state. No matter who profits it's a drain on the taxpayer and bigbox counterboy remains a straight up idgit.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Celeste

of course they have a lobby. lobbying for your industry in washington/state capital happens for all industries.

this gun clerk obviously is a moron, not sure why anyone would be getting advice from someone like him in the first place. but your spot on there is a disconnect between the private prisons and government LEO. there is no incentive for the government to want to imprison people in private prisons beause that costs tax dollars.

FlashBang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Bastrop TX
    Well, I'm glad someone finally had the courage to speak the plain truth. That clerk should be commended, if the black helicopters don't get him first.
    I still remember like it was yesterday when those black choppers swooped out of the sky, descending into the woods behind my fortified bunker that I had just finished building with Jesse Ventura.
    Those guys came at us so fast, my ninja boots were completely ineffective against them! Jesse fought off several of them until one of them knocked him out after repeatedly hitting him in the head with his blue UN helmet.
    The next thing I remember was being in some dark room with concrete walls. They were interrogating us! We had saved up WAY too much canned food and potable water. They were on to us, they said. They then proceeded to inform us that all our gold that we were hoarding had been "redistributed" to the Hillary Clinton presidential election campaign. This was in the mid 90's, and she was just the first lady then, so I didn't think they were serious. Looking back now though... Man. They had that shit planned for some time!
    Afterwards, a young black man that I would later recognize as our 44th President came in, strapped us in our chairs, and began showing us re-education films. We were forced to watch their NWO garbage for hours. I never cried so hard in my life! Jesse too...
    At some point, the both of us passed out. I awoke in my own yard and learned that I had been missing for over a week. I was worried about Jesse, so I called him, but was told that he had no idea who I was. The bastards had succeeded in reprogramming him! I cried some more!

I guess I've gotten a bit off point, but I wanted to tell you all that "they" are indeed arming our police and soldiers with those tiny, ineffective 9mm bullets so anyone they shoot will live a long life, and they can incarcerate them and make even more money, while their new inmates make license plates. Have you ever considered how profitable the license plate business is? I'm tellin' ya! This is just the tip of the iceberg!

All you had to do to avoid this was flash your CHL Badge! Once they realized your were an All American Super Hero they would have bowed down to you and worshiped you for the deity that your badge shows you are.

Top Bottom