• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    If Allred were running against Cornyn, I'd have to think about who to vote for.
    Hopefully someone can Primary Cornyn next time around.

Yep, running biker chick was a major mistake. So was running Beto vs Cruz last time. If Dems just ran a reasonable moderate, Cornyn might be gone.
    Gun Zone Deals

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Allred is just a jerk. Yup, ad is about abortion only, but he states 'if my wife had a problem she couldn't get help'. BS, just Dems pushing abortion by tax funding. Big voter push for this across the plain states. D voters will cry if/when he gets into ANY office. Funny, DMN used to be against Rs, now endorses some. Guess as nobody subscribes anymore they gotta change.
    Johnson changed to R, to get elected again.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Yeah, but if the choice is between someone who betrays us almost 50% of the time, or someone who's going to oppose us 100% of the time, it doesn't make sense to vote for the dedicated enemy and hope things get better next election.
    I don't disagree one bit. I would just prefer more Ted Cruzes and no John Cornyn's in our mix.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I keep voting against Cornyn in the primaries, but to no avail.

As long as he's in good with the entrenched "go along to get along" republicans, he's safe. They'll withhold support from anyone who tries to primary him. I think Col. West is the only one who's got enough instant recognition to give Cornyn a challenge without that party support.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    As long as he's in good with the entrenched "go along to get along" republicans, he's safe. They'll withhold support from anyone who tries to primary him. I think Col. West is the only one who's got enough instant recognition to give Cornyn a challenge without that party support.
    This exactly.

I think West has not only the name recognition, but also the cred amongst GOP primary voters who are generally the most conservative and politically savvy in my opinion versus those who just show up to vote GOP in the general.

I think he just picked the wrong target in Abbott, but could beat Cornyn, and maybe quite handily. Let's hope he tries.

ak2u

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2024
    Houston
    Better be leery of Colin Alred. He is a very popular representative and could be a challenge to Cruz. Remember Cruz almost got his ass kicked by that goofball pseudo-hispanic Beto O'Rourke a couple of years ago, so there are enough half wit democrats around to elect Alred. Cruz is not all that popular and very controversial and could possibly be beat. We can not afford to let the dems keep control of the Senate any more.

Just FYI Colin Alred is a Soros backed candidate.

Top Bottom