• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Our Milky Way galaxy will collide with the Andromeda galaxy. The Andromeda galaxy is approaching us at 244,800 miles per hour. This collision will occur in 4.5 billion years and result in a super massive black hole and may result in a quasar.

It's also likely to result in tens of thousands (if not more) of stars being ejected from both galaxies, and both galaxies losing their spiral structure and becoming a large elliptical galaxy when the merge is done. Both galaxies do already have supermassive black holes at their centers, which will begin to orbit each other while devouring various dust, stars and anything else that gets in their way as they spiral in and merge - possibly into a quasar as you mentioned...which could be very bad for any life that might exist near the center of the galaxy. It'll also kick off a new round of star formation in the newly formed elliptical galaxy.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    It's also likely to result in tens of thousands (if not more) of stars being ejected from both galaxies, and both galaxies losing their spiral structure and becoming a large elliptical galaxy when the merge is done. Both galaxies do already have supermassive black holes at their centers, which will begin to orbit each other while devouring various dust, stars and anything else that gets in their way as they spiral in and merge - possibly into a quasar as you mentioned...which could be very bad for any life that might exist near the center of the galaxy. It'll also kick off a new round of star formation in the newly formed elliptical galaxy.
    Wonder who will be playin' that jam?

1687479867614.png

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Our Milky Way galaxy will collide with the Andromeda galaxy. The Andromeda galaxy is approaching us at 244,800 miles per hour. This collision will occur in 4.5 billion years and result in a super massive black hole and may result in a quasar.
    4.5 billion!!.

I better start getting my shit together. :grenade:

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Rhodes Scholar Kris Kristofferson flew helicopters and went through Ranger training before getting into music.

View attachment 393125
    Capt. Kristofferson was offered a position teaching literature at West Point, but decided to pursue a career as a songwriter instead. He had various odd jobs including as a school janitor and as a commercial helicopter pilot, until one day he had an opportunity to hand a demo tape for a new song he wrote to Johnny Cash.

Unfortunately, Cash was handed a LOT of tapes, and Kristofferson watched his tape land in a wastebasket as Cash headed into his dressing room.

So Kristofferson did what any reasonable man would do. He stole a UH-1 Huey from the National Guard and landed it on Johnny Cash's back lawn. Cash came out angry and demanded that he move it, and Kristofferson said "Not until you listen to my tape" - which Cash did, and he loved the song, and so Johnny Cash came to record "Sunday Morning Coming Down", written by Kris Kristofferson.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Capt. Kristofferson was offered a position teaching literature at West Point, but decided to pursue a career as a songwriter instead. He had various odd jobs including as a school janitor and as a commercial helicopter pilot, until one day he had an opportunity to hand a demo tape for a new song he wrote to Johnny Cash.

Unfortunately, Cash was handed a LOT of tapes, and Kristofferson watched his tape land in a wastebasket as Cash headed into his dressing room.

So Kristofferson did what any reasonable man would do. He stole a UH-1 Huey from the National Guard and landed it on Johnny Cash's back lawn. Cash came out angry and demanded that he move it, and Kristofferson said "Not until you listen to my tape" - which Cash did, and he loved the song, and so Johnny Cash came to record "Sunday Morning Coming Down", written by Kris Kristofferson.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

IIRC HE ALSO HAD A DEGREE IN HISTORY

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Power's out and it's washday so I headed to the local washateria and found out something I didn't know. I thought I'd share.

Some people clean their brooms along with their clothes in the washing machine. :)

View attachment 393060
    Funny story, I moved my family to Texas 6 years ago. We hit our rental in spring with most of our stuff in a truck set to arrive a week later. While I started my job my wife needed to do laundry. Our washer and dryer were in transit, so she set destination to the nearest Laundromat. She drove very far. That night she was complaining, "how do people wash their clothes here!" I had to educate her and explained there was a "washateria" on the corner.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Funny story, I moved my family to Texas 6 years ago. We hit our rental in spring with most of our stuff in a truck set to arrive a week later. While I started my job my wife needed to do laundry. Our washer and dryer were in transit, so she set destination to the nearest Laundromat. She drove very far. That night she was complaining, "how do people wash their clothes here!" I had to educate her and explained there was a "washateria" on the corner.

HAVING A WASHING MACHINE AND DRYER AT HOME IS A LUXURY I WOULD ALWAYS GET AT LEAST$20.00IN QUARTERS EVERY PAY DAY FOR LUANDRYCHORES!

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    HAVING A WASHING MACHINE AND DRYER AT HOME IS A LUXURY I WOULD ALWAYS GET AT LEAST$20.00IN QUARTERS EVERY PAY DAY FOR LUANDRYCHORES!
    I think what my wife didnt understand was why the nearest Laundromat was 20min away. with all the apartments around spring she figured they would be on every corner. And they are, we just call them washaterias here. She must have drove past 5 on her way to the "Laundromat".

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I think what my wife didnt understand was why the nearest Laundromat was 20min away. with all the apartments around spring she figured they would be on every corner. And they are, we just call them washaterias here. She must have drove past 5 on her way to the "Laundromat".

MOST APARTMENTS ALWAYS HAD A WASHATERIA FOR THE RESIDENTS

Top Bottom