• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Funny story, I moved my family to Texas 6 years ago. We hit our rental in spring with most of our stuff in a truck set to arrive a week later. While I started my job my wife needed to do laundry. Our washer and dryer were in transit, so she set destination to the nearest Laundromat. She drove very far. That night she was complaining, "how do people wash their clothes here!" I had to educate her and explained there was a "washateria" on the corner.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk
    All she needed wad a bucket and a scrub board.
    Target Sports

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    353804427_737730131689865_5230878829415144981_n.jpg

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    In 1996, a nice Scottish lady named Mary Blair opened a little sandwich shop in the north of England and called it "MacDonald's McMunchies". There were no golden arches, just a thistle on a St Andrew's Flag. The MacDonald's burger chain caught wind of it and sued her, on the basis that they had prior claim to the name and nobody else could use it.

Mrs Blair's story got a lot of attention and she began receiving phone calls of support from around the world, but McDonald's would not back down and continued to insist they had the name first, before anyone else.

Eventually, Lord Godfrey MacDonald of MacDonald, chief of the Clan MacDonald caught wind of it and contacted Mrs Blair. He went to the court date with her and produced royal grants and charters showing that the burger chain was about 1000 years late with their claim to the name McDonald/MacDonald, and threatening to countersue to prevent them from using his clan's name, on the basis of previous claim to it.

McDonald's quietly dropped the lawsuit.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    The whole gender ideology / trans craze IS based on the works of a man who can only be described as a pedo Doctor Mengele:

That was one sick puppy. And some folks wonder why some of us don't trust the mental health field.
    I knew a pshychiatrist that quit and got a law degree. Because he did not want to be associated with people that were crazier than his patients were.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    The gauge of modern train tracks is based on the width of the axle on a typical Roman wagon or chariot.

See, the Romans were master road builders, and their roads still exist today - some with ruts worn in them from centuries of use. Roman carts, chariots and wagons started those ruts, and medieval European wagon makers had to maintain that gauge for their wagon wheels so they wouldn't break in the ruts when people were using the Roman roads. When early railroads were being built in England, they went ahead and used the most familiar axle width - which was commonly used on wagons and carriages at the time. The Roman axle gauge. And when railroads came to the US, they were built pretty much the same way, and the same width. So modern train tracks were standardized...by the ancient Romans.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    LBJ liked to drive his Lincoln Continental convertible around his ranch while drinking Cutty Sark Scotch and soda.
    Two more facts about LBJ.

First -

Among his preferences, he liked his coffee hot.

A friend of mine was in the Air Force in the 1960s. He wound up as a Flight Attendant on Air Force One. It was often his job to bring coffee to wherever it was needed, including to LBJ.

LBJ yelled at him several times about wanting his coffee hot, hotter than it was being served. He couldn't get the galley to keep the coffee hot enough and he got tired of being yelled at for it.

He decided to try out the microwave oven. After pouring the coffee, before delivery, he popped the cup into the microwave and nuked it for a couple of minutes. It was boiling just before he served it to LBJ. As usual, without looking or hesitation, LBJ took a giant swallow out of the coffee cup. He then glared briefly at the FA and went back to his meeting.

LBJ never complained again.

Second -

Wikipedia says
    During the Johnson Administration, the United States Air Force acquired a Beechcraft King Air B90 which was designated VC-6A (66-7943).[70] The aircraft was used to transport President Johnson between Bergstrom Air Force Base and his family ranch near Johnson City, Texas,[71]
    According to my friend, that's true but incomplete. The plane was also often used to take LBJ to his ranch in northern Mexico. Free from prying eyes, he used those trips to indulge his more unseemly desires.

In memoriam -

RIP, Jim Faure. You were a heck of a guy.

ETA - Minor edits made to clean up wordiness and be more accurate.

Last edited:

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    On a related subject to Ben's post with the LBJ info...

Any USAF aircraft the President is aboard automatically becomes Air Force One. Same with any Marine Corps aircraft, Army aircraft or Navy aircraft - when GBW went out to visit the USS Abraham Lincoln, the S-3 Viking he was aboard became Navy One. The reason for this is because President Eisenhower's aircraft was confused with a commercial flight using the same flight number and the confusion was a wake-up call that the President's aircraft needed a unique and consistent callsign.

As soon as the President departs an aircraft, it loses the "One" callsign and reverts back to its standard designation. For instance, the current VC-25A aircraft that are used for "executive transport" revert to the callsigns "Sam 28000" and "Sam 29000" when the President isn't aboard.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    On a related subject to Ben's post with the LBJ info...

Any USAF aircraft the President is aboard automatically becomes Air Force One. Same with any Marine Corps aircraft, Army aircraft or Navy aircraft - when GBW went out to visit the USS Abraham Lincoln, the S-3 Viking he was aboard became Navy One. The reason for this is because President Eisenhower's aircraft was confused with a commercial flight using the same flight number and the confusion was a wake-up call that the President's aircraft needed a unique and consistent callsign.

As soon as the President departs an aircraft, it loses the "One" callsign and reverts back to its standard designation. For instance, the current VC-25A aircraft that are used for "executive transport" revert to the callsigns "Sam 28000" and "Sam 29000" when the President isn't aboard.
    I HAVE HEARD OR READ THE SAME THING BEFORE!

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    In 1990, Tom Stuker bought a lifetime pass from United Airlines for $290,000. He has since flown 23 million miles

Reactions: gll
    Top Bottom