• Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    2943AC72-AE92-412D-BE26-C9112AE729CA.jpeg
    You all are too young to know about this. After I hunted down the last dinosaur, me wife fried it up the way I likes it...........Wait for it:

It tasted just like chicken!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    It's the honest truth
    Google it

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Google it, my ass. All that shows is that mythbusters did a show where they came up with "I guess it's not entirely impossible?"

Besides that, there is no evidence that pirates or regular sea captains were prone to wearing eye patches regularly at all, for whatever reason. Then, would you handicap your vision, both distance and stereoscopic, for the off chance that you might have to check on something in your cabin? Next, wearing eye patches permanently really screws up your vision, permanently.

So just because Charles Sheard, Charles fantasized about this idea in his article "Night Vision". for the Minnesota Academy of Sciences Journal. 2–12: 26, doesn't make it an actual fact.

Further memes you can find in Reader's Digest that are equally, verifiably bogus are the notion that Einstein sucked in school, and that Coca Cola invented Santa Claus.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Google it, my ass. All that shows is that mythbusters did a show where they came up with "I guess it's not entirely impossible?"

Besides that, there is no evidence that pirates or regular sea captains were prone to wearing eye patches regularly at all, for whatever reason. Then, would you handicap your vision, both distance and stereoscopic, for the off chance that you might have to check on something in your cabin? Next, wearing eye patches permanently really screws up your vision, permanently.

So just because Charles Sheard, Charles fantasized about this idea in his article "Night Vision". for the Minnesota Academy of Sciences Journal. 2–12: 26, doesn't make it an actual fact.

Further memes you can find in Reader's Digest that are equally, verifiably bogus are the notion that Einstein sucked in school, and that Coca Cola invented Santa Claus.
    I thought you were making that remark about my post since it was made after it.

nlam01

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015

Well, everyone has their own theories, but in one history course I took some pirates were notorius for attacking at night. They were greatly feared as they seemed to move with ease in the dark. I can't speak for all pirates, but 2 groups were known for all of the shipmates wearing eye patches, but neither eye was damaged. I like to believe that the theory of switching for combat and night vision is more accurate. It makes more sense.
    This article was about how I learned it in my history course. https://www.cleareyes.com/eye-care-blog/201804/why-pirates-use-eye-patches/

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Pennies cost more than a cent to make. In 2005, the cost to produce a penny was 0.97¢. The price of metal jumped in 2007 and it now costs 2.41¢ to make a penny.

As a comparison, it costs 5.6¢ to make a dollar bill and 11¢ to make a 5 dollar bill. You gotta wonder why it costs nearly double, to print a $5 bill. A twenty dollar bill costs less to make (10.8¢) than a five dollar bill.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Pennies cost more than a cent to make. In 2005, the cost to produce a penny was 0.97¢. The price of metal jumped in 2007 and it now costs 2.41¢ to make a penny.

As a comparison, it costs 5.6¢ to make a dollar bill and 11¢ to make a 5 dollar bill. You gotta wonder why it costs nearly double, to print a $5 bill. A twenty dollar bill costs less to make (10.8¢) than a five dollar bill.

One dollar bills don't have the same security features like the strip embedded in them so they are cheaper to produce. They may not have the water marks either but not sure.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Some very interesting stuff I’ve learned from the documentary “Fasting” and “The Science of Fasting “ available on Amazon Prime Video:

- two groups of mice were given extremely high/lethal doses of Chemo drugs. One group was fed normally and the other was fasted for 48 hours. The experiment was run several times. Every time, the fasted mice showed no ill effects. The fed mice all got extremely ill and many died.

- When our bodies are in a fasted state, our immune system kicks into overdrive and begins to eliminate unhealthy cells while strengthening healthy cells. Cancer cells and abdominal fat cells seem particularly vulnerable, but fasting for 5 or more days is proven to help many ills including heart disease, chronic headaches, arthritis, and gastric disorders.

The Russians have been studying fasting since the early Cold War days and used it to cure many chronic disease (no, they didn’t starve folks to death).

The above mentioned health documentaries are worth watching. The science is proven...but the reason you have probably never heard of this simple and free way to heal yourself is because the big pharmaceutical industry can’t sell it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom