• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Polytetrafluoroethylene, or PTFE, sometimes known by the brand Teflon was discovered by accident by the Dupont Chemist in 1938
    It has one of the lowest coefficients of friction known, sometimes compared to wet ice on wet ice.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Diamonds may be a girls best friend, but the hardest material known they are not. There are at least 3 materials harder:

1) wurtzite boron nitride (w-BN) made of carbon and is similar to diamond

2) lonsdaleite (also called hexagonal diamond) stronger than w-BN and 58 percent stronger than diamond

3) Ocasio Cortez's head

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    McDonald's can't sell the McRib all the time because the pork suppliers can't meet the demand.

There had to have been a change in what goes in those things because they used to taste great and the last time I had one, I don't think I took more than two bites because it was so freaking disgusting.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    What to Know: California’s wildfires are hurting its tourism industry.

This summer’s relentless California wildfires have claimed at least a dozen lives and destroyed more than 1,200 homes,” the Los Angeles Times reports. “But along with the loss of life and property, the blazes have also taken a tremendous toll on taxpayers and the state’s huge tourism industry. In less than two months, California has nearly wiped out the emergency wildfire funds set aside for the entire fiscal year, spending about $405 million out of the nearly $443 million allocated. Tourism officials, meanwhile, have complained that televised images of the wildfires are deterring visitors, especially international travelers.”

The TPPF Take: How politicians approach policy is having a big effect on the wildfires.

“For more than 20 years, federal policies have discouraged tree thinning and brush removal on the 60 percent of California forest owned by the federal government while federal and state policies have similarly tilted against the use of controlled burns to reduce the fuel load,” says TPPF’s Chuck DeVore, a former California assemblyman. “This is largely due to politicians and bureaucrats whose backgrounds don’t include forestry management. When they fail to listen to the experts, the results can be disastrous.”
    For more on the California fires, click here.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    What to Know: California’s wildfires are hurting its tourism industry.

This summer’s relentless California wildfires have claimed at least a dozen lives and destroyed more than 1,200 homes,” the Los Angeles Times reports. “But along with the loss of life and property, the blazes have also taken a tremendous toll on taxpayers and the state’s huge tourism industry. In less than two months, California has nearly wiped out the emergency wildfire funds set aside for the entire fiscal year, spending about $405 million out of the nearly $443 million allocated. Tourism officials, meanwhile, have complained that televised images of the wildfires are deterring visitors, especially international travelers.”

The TPPF Take: How politicians approach policy is having a big effect on the wildfires.

“For more than 20 years, federal policies have discouraged tree thinning and brush removal on the 60 percent of California forest owned by the federal government while federal and state policies have similarly tilted against the use of controlled burns to reduce the fuel load,” says TPPF’s Chuck DeVore, a former California assemblyman. “This is largely due to politicians and bureaucrats whose backgrounds don’t include forestry management. When they fail to listen to the experts, the results can be disastrous.”
    For more on the California fires, click here.

Very true. Same disastrous results when wildlife is not managed through hunting .

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    There had to have been a change in what goes in those things because they used to taste great and the last time I had one, I don't think I took more than two bites because it was so freaking disgusting.

Next time, don't be a jerk when ordering. Did the ticket say "extra loogies"?
    JK, ....yeah, gotta admit , last one I had wasn't as good, but I'm sure whoever made its Failbook account is up to date.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Talkin about showing/not showing TDL/LTC in the other thread made me remember.

You know how the cashier always struggles with "your" birthday to see if your legal age or not?

On your TDL if its a full face view. Legal age...

Profile view...under age :facepalm:

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    9 are not sold yet, so you can buy 2...

screen-shot-2018-08-24-at-2-36-21-pm-1535135812.png

HENNESSEY PERFORMANCE
    Let's get specs out of the way first. The engine is claimed to push out 1600 horsepower at 7200 RPM, and 1300 lb-ft of torque at 4400 RPM. It has billet-aluminum machined 7.6-liter block with steel cylinder sleeves, a 9.3:1 compression ratio, and a dry-sump oiling system. The turbos are precision ball-bearing units, with billet aluminum compressor wheels. They run at 24psi of boost.

0 to 186 mph in under 10 seconds, and exceed 300 mph flat-out. The company has yet to show a finished, working version of the car publicly, but claims 15 of the 24 cars it plans to build have already been spoken for. The Venom F5 carries a starting price of $1.6 million, with up to $600,000 worth of options available.

venom-1512400016.jpg

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    The sally port at the police station is NOT named after Sally Port, who was arrested every Saturday night & caused too much grief when it was raining.

It was Mayor Marion Barry who said: "Outside of the killings, Washington (D.C.) has one of the lowest crime rates in the country."

Allegedly, Henry Ford said "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian!"

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    It was Mayor Marion Barry who said: "Outside of the killings, Washington (D.C.) has one of the lowest crime rates in the country."

I ran across a study the other day saying pretty much the same thing. The summary said, and here I'm paraphrasing, if you're not counting drug-related, gang killings and black on black ghetto shootings, it's mostly white males who kill people with guns, or words to that effect anyway.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    When you classify everyone that is not black as "white people", that is pretty much a given. Still just a way to not be honest about the nature of the crime. They don't want to admit that most shootings are committed by people that don't obey the law to begin with. Any law.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom