• ...and so much more!
  • diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Diamonds may be a girls best friend, but the hardest material known they are not. There are at least 3 materials harder:

1) wurtzite boron nitride (w-BN) made of carbon and is similar to diamond

2) lonsdaleite (also called hexagonal diamond) stronger than w-BN and 58 percent stronger than diamond

3) Ocasio Cortez's head
    Wurtzite Boron Nitride is NOT made of carbon. It's made of boron nitride and is a metastable state of the material. It's made in some interesting ways (detonation, high-pressure, etc.) and is, indeed, harder than diamond . . . which is definitely made of carbon.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Wurtzite Boron Nitride is NOT made of carbon. It's made of boron nitride and is a metastable state of the material. It's made in some interesting ways (detonation, high-pressure, etc.) and is, indeed, harder than diamond . . . which is definitely made of carbon.

The OP must have failed chemistry. Boron nitride chemical formula is BN, No C to be found.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    General Daniel "Chappie" James Jr (USAF) was the first black four-star general ever in the US military. He started his career with the Tuskeegee Airmen, but never deployed during WWII. He did run into some trouble stateside, though, when he became stuck in the cockpit of a P-39 Airacobra. The P-39's cockpit had an autombile-style door rather than an opening canopy, and James was built like a linebacker - after a flight, he became wedged in so tightly they had to actually cut him out of the aircraft.

He was subsequently assigned to a squadron flying P-47s and forbidden from flying P-39s.

During the Korean war, he was shot down attacking ground targets in an F-80 Shooting Star. He ejected over North Korean territory, but was picked up by a USMC patrol and was returned to his base that afternoon...where he volunteered for another mission and attacked more ground targets in an F-80.

In the Vietnam war, he was the vice commander of the 8th Tactical Fighter Wing under Col. Robin Olds. They nicknamed themselves "Blackman and Robin". James and Olds were responsible for planning and executing Operation Bolo in 1967, where the F-4 Phantoms of the 8th would broadcast fake callsigns and fly formations used by F-105 Thunderchiefs to draw North Vietnamese MiG interceptors out to attack, as the F-105 wasn't as maneuverable as the F-4 and was generally armed with minimal air-to-air ordinance. When the MiGs appeared, they faced a squadron of Phantoms armed with nothing but air-to-air weapons, and suffered heavy losses.

In 1969, then-Colonel James was placed in command of Wheelus AFB, Libya. The Libyan government had fallen, and Ghadaffi's government was pressuring the US to abandon Wheelus. The US government insisted that all treaties with the former government regarding use of the base would be honored. In 1970, a column of halftracks under Ghadaffi's personal command entered the base without permission. Col James, armed with his (holstered) AF-issue 1911A1 and backed up by his security police troops, blocked the road to stop them. Ghadaffi and James confronted each other in the middle of that road to discuss the situation, during which time the Libyan dictator placed his hand on the butt of his pistol. Col James stepped closer to Ghadaffi and bellowed in his face "MOVE YOUR HAND OFF THAT GUN!!!" (or words to that effect - sources vary, but the fact remains that the order was shouted in Ghadaffi's face). Ghadaffi immediately jerked his hand away from his pistol and the confrontation ended not long after, with the Libyans withdrawing. There were no further incursions into the base while the USAF was there. Col. James would later remark: "If he had pulled that gun, he never would have cleared his holster."

General James died in 1978 not long after retiring from the Air Force.

110223-F-1234A-002.JPG

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Here's something y'all don't know.

White vein Kratom is better then coffee. Green vein Kratom is in between. Red Vein Kratom will put you to sleep.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Here's something I didn't know!

Turns out my admiration for people who can shoot pistols fast and accurate while the gun doesn't flip at all (wow, he must have some sort of gorilla strength grip on it!) was entirely unfounded. If you watch the empties, they're barely being ejected. Sound's different too. Seems those shooters simply use weak loads, barely enough to cycle the slide! No wonder the gun doesn't flip in his hands.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman

Turns out my admiration for people who can shoot pistols fast and accurate while the gun doesn't flip at all (wow, he must have some sort of gorilla strength grip on it!) was entirely unfounded. If you watch the empties, they're barely being ejected. Sound's different too. Seems those shooters simply use weak loads, barely enough to cycle the slide! No wonder the gun doesn't flip in his hands.

I've got a .45 ACP load where the cases will roll across the back of your hand. 4.4 gr WST under a 200 gr SWC. I've got a bit more muzzle flip than that since I don't have a comp.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Light loads are one way but pistol designs intended to remove all movement under recoil are interesting, too. I've had several people at the reunions comment on the complete motionlessness displayed by my Britarms. That design is obsolete by 20 years; I'd sure like to shoot some of the newer tech.

C_Hallbert

Color Commentator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    McAlester, OK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas

The guns are geared for even weaker than normal loads too to help.

I didn't watch the video but many of the guns (cycled by hand) act like they don't have a recoil spring at all.

So you have loads that are very weak and barely ejecting from a gun designed to shoot very weak loads.

If you shot one of their loads in a regular gun it may not even start to open the action.

Cowboy Action shooting is just as bad or even worse too since they don't use autoloaders.

Many of the lead bullets aren't damaged much when hitting the steel targets. They just fall to the ground.

A buddy was testing a new load for CA competition. Stacked all 6 bullets in the barrel of his revolver with no damage to the gun at all.

Top Bottom